2019 Spring Practice Updates

AUght2win

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The footage I've seen of Eric Smith is from college football. So it doesn't really compare.

Better hands? Don't remember Smith dropping passes.

Some of those other things might be accurate but they would also be true of tons of guys every year who aren't half the *football player* that Smith was.

Smith was mean as hell on the football field. He was the definition of a "football player". He also got a bad wrap off the field. He was no angel but didn't get a fair shot off the field. 

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Smith was mean as hell on the football field. He was the definition of a "football player". He also got a bad wrap off the field. He was no angel but didn't get a fair shot off the field. 

Didn’t get a fair shot?????

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Didn’t get a fair shot?????

Some of the off the field issues he was accused of were false. He wasn't any Saint but he shouldn't have been forced to leave AU the way he was. 

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No, but she got me a while back if you know what I mean....😔

Tough scene

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Thanks for posting this. It’s good to see the QBs go through drills like this, but you can’t really evaluate their abilities until we see them running with the football tied to the rubber band.  That’s when we will truly see which one has separated from the pack.

One more thing; It’s worrisome to see Will Hasting taking snaps with the QBs.  I don’t even want to speculate on that.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Thanks for posting this. It’s good to see the QBs go through drills like this, but you can’t really evaluate their abilities until we see them running with the football tied to the rubber band.  That’s when we will truly see which one has separated from the pack.

One more thing; It’s worrisome to see Will Hasting taking snaps with the QBs.  I don’t even want to speculate on that.

I'm pretty sure hes just in there to make an even 6th for the drills.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Can someone tell me who the other QBs are?  I know:
14 - Malik
1 - Joey
15 - Bo
24 - I think is Sandberg

Who are the other 2?  Walkons?

10 is Bo

15- Will Appleton, I believe.

I only counted 5 QB’s.

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

10 is Bo

15- Will Appleton, I believe.

I only counted 5 QB’s.

So 33 is really Hastings?  I thought it might be some scout team QB or something

41 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I'm pretty sure hes just in there to make an even 6th for the drills.

The whole post was satirical, it might not have come out that way.  We as fans like to dissect every bit of these practice drills to find a deeper meaning, hence my waiting for the QBs to run around with the football tied to the rubber band to determine who will be our QB for the Oregon game.

IIRC, Gus named a starting QB in Spring practice in 2015, that didn’t turn out well.  The latest time he named a starter was 2016 a week before the Clemson game.  That didn’t turn out too well either as that QB didn’t really win the job until game 3 that season. This year, I’m just going to wait until August 31st to see who he trots out there to take the first snap and hope I don’t see all our QBs (and Will Hastings) take snaps during the first half.

War Eagle, beat Oregon. (And Orgeron)

23 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

So 33 is really Hastings?  I thought it might be some scout team QB or something

Yes, my guess is that he’s doing light work with them to help out while he’s recovering from injury.

From what I have been reading, Gatewood seems to be impressing the coaches rather well.  I think he might be the man !  Team Gatewood!!

image.jpeg

On 3/27/2019 at 8:46 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So true.

46 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

From what I have been reading, Gatewood seems to be impressing the coaches rather well.  I think he might be the man !  Team Gatewood!!

image.jpeg

Clearly you aren’t bias. lol. I am holding out until I hear what these guys do during the scrimmage. 

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Clearly you aren’t bias. lol. I am holding out until I hear what these guys do during the scrimmage. 

IS the team scrimmaging Saturday.  If so what time.

37 minutes ago, James Howell said:

IS the team scrimmaging Saturday.  If so what time.

Yes, but don’t know time.

Probably happening right now.  I’ll be interested to see any reports from beat writers since most I’d imagine are in KC covering basketball.

Archived