huge respect for coach grimes

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s not just the A day. Read the rest of my post and then get back to me. Our team is looking strong right now, starting with both lines and scattered throughout the depth chart. Our QBs completed 29 passes at A day and we have two stud QBs competing against each other. Bo Nix is the best thing that will happen to Joey Gatewood and Joey Gatewood is the best thing to happen to Bo Nix. Neither QB can just lay back and expect the job is theirs to lose. Lastly, apparently, the coaches have been throwing everything including your moms kitchen sink at the QBs and are prepared to turn the starting QB loose. Get out of here with your last season news. 

My only concern is Joiner. We supposedly want to use him but fresh news is we don’t know where to use him. 

They did? Think there was a little live reps but “throwing your moms kitchen sink” ? 

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Freak said:

So because Oline recruiting is okay?  How is our team looking strong?  Because Aday?  Because sources?

QBs may or may not have leashes in the fall, you have nothing but hopes and dreams right now.  Do I think they are pushing each other?  Sure, but so did Sean and JJ.  This isn't last season news, its every season news in April.

Hope springs eternal this time of year, but I'm still Missouri until they show me against Oregon.

Online recruiting is far from OK this year so far. In the end I think we will be good but right now is MEH. 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

They did? Think there was a little live reps but “throwing your moms kitchen sink” ? 

Yours too.

48 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Shape up or ship out. Football season is coming whether you like it or not. I’d rather be hopelessly optimistic than count down the days until basketball season. 130 days is bad enough.

Which position is going to hurt us this year? The answer coaching staff is not an option.

Go.

Gus’s offensive coaching is damn sure a option. Is the #1 on your list. Safety is #2 IMO. OL at #3. 

Injury yo any starting tackle and well that goes to #1. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus’s offensive coaching is damn sure a option. Is the #1 on your list. Safety is #2 IMO. OL at #3. 

Lol. Coaching is the position that I’m supposed to be worried about? The guy either gets fired or delivers a great season. I’m not worried about that. 

Safety is only alright. We can deal. 

OL: okay so it will look bad *if* an injury ever happens to a starting tackle.

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yours too? You think the “throwing your moms kitchen sink” at the QB this spring? 

Please tell me what you’re butthurt about now. Is it because I included the infamous kitchen sink? I have heard the coaches were throwing a lot at the quarterbacks. I’m sure you think you have better sources. But then again, you also told me Robby Ashford would “make me forget about Gatewood.” And that isn’t going to happen buddy. 

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Please tell me what you’re butthurt about now. Is it because I included the infamous kitchen sink? I have heard the coaches were throwing a lot at the quarterbacks. I’m sure you think you have better sources. But then again, you also told me Robby Ashford would “make me forget about Gatewood.” And that isn’t going to happen buddy. 

Butthurt? Jeffy. You are the one who is the butthurt. 

Ashford? Has all the talent in the world and if he could put it all together could. Talent to he a top 3 MLB draft pick or chose any college to play football. See if he can grow up. 

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Lol. Coaching is the position that I’m supposed to be worried about? The guy either gets fired or delivers a great season. I’m not worried about that. 

Safety is only alright. We can deal. 

OL: okay so it will look bad *if* an injury ever happens to a starting tackle.

This post right here sums you up nicely. 

31 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Certainly he wasn't speaking in hyperbole....that's not allowed, remember?

Ashford? Has all the talent in the world and if he could put it all together could. Talent to he a top 3 MLB draft pick or chose any college to play football. See if he can grow up

I don’t have to see to anything if he isn’t coming to Auburn. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Butthurt? Jeffy. You are the one who is the butthurt. 

Rubber and glue!!  You’re so smart. 

25 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

How so, if we have depth?

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t have to see to anything if he isn’t coming to Auburn. 

Rubber and glue!!  You’re so smart. 

Ashford, he could still be coming to AU. I know Butch wants him real bad. If he can clean some things up he could. IMO he won’t. 

Rubber glue and other post like that? What is up with that? You insinuate my stupidity and post stuff like this? 

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

This post right here sums you up nicely. 

“Joey Gatewood will never start at Auburn” 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

"JF3 should start"

Rubber glue and other post like that? What is up with that? You insinuate my stupidity and post stuff like this? 

Well that’s all it was. I said you’re butthurt and you’re like: No! You’re butthurt. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ashford, he could still be coming to AU. I know Butch wants him real bad. If he can clean some things up he could. IMO he won’t. 

Still haven’t forgotten about Gatewood bud. More than likely Ashford will be easy to forget if you think he can still end up at Auburn. So...

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

If Joey would have stayed down the same path he was going when I made that post he would not have. He didn’t and I was wrong. Gasp at the injustice. That comment was straight from a AU coach who is still with AU. Shame on me. 

the same pundits that said the first team oline will be a strength also said the second team oline is drastically improved as well. as for gus he has gotten pretty much all he has asked for. he knows if he falls short he is pretty much gone so unless he caves to the pressure i believe we will get the good gus. should we be mad at gus that auburn has allowed him to learn on the job? and unlike some coaches gus really does love auburn. and as a competitor i believes he wants to win as bad any other coach in football. right now gus is an auburn man so i choose to support him and the team until  a change is made. we certainly do not have kids being shot and killed. we do not have kids robbing supposed drug dealers in trailers. he has zero tolerance for domestic abuse or even violence of any kind that i can see. i certainly do not want to see another coach come in and turn auburn into thug u even if it means winning  a natty. so i will pull for gus to do well. most of the negative stuff just hurts the school and give opposing coaches fodder when it comes to recruiting. and everyone forgets how folks were laughing at all the bull going on last year and i saw it with my own eyes on other sites from people copying and pasting comments from this board. all the mess about firing gus and people wanting auburn to lose their games to get rid of gus is shameful and according to a couple of sports reporters was a big distraction to the team.

do i want gus to do better?of course i do but i think we should be careful what we wish for.

If Joey would have stayed down the same path he was going when I made that post he would not have. He didn’t and I was wrong. Gasp at the injustice. That comment was straight from a AU coach who is still with AU. Shame on me. 

You could have made this post more believable by including that Gus was about to go full Air Raid. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

He used to have a little FU in his play calling.

This exactly! He showed that a lot in 2010.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well that’s all it was. I said you’re butthurt and you’re like: No! You’re butthurt. 

Still haven’t forgotten about Gatewood bud. More than likely Ashford will be easy to forget if you think he can still end up at Auburn. So...

Forgot about the Gatewood bud? Lol. Bud? Yeah I’m the one butthurt. 

Forgot about the Gatewood bud? Lol. Bud? Yeah I’m the one butthurt. 

I can call you kiddo?  You pick a name and I’ll determine if it fits. 

Archived