2020 4* S Chris Thompson JR Commits to AU!!!

GwillMac6

Texas is rich in talent, period. 

What makes this so powerful is the long term effect if we can keep pulling 1-3/yr of these high quality kids.  If we are pulling them, TAMU can't sign them.   I know this one was a Texas lean, but you get my point.  

WAR EAGLE Chris!  And welcome to the Auburn family.   I think I might have to drive down the road and see Duncanville play this year.   Great program and less than an hour for me.  

Great video!!!

• Like 1

I was hoping we could sign this kid but didn't really think we could get him out of Texas. I am pumped. War Eagle and welcome aboard.

• Like 2

We’ve really been killing it with these last couple DB signings. The Woodson Mcgriff combo seems to be off to a good start in the recruiting world!! We don’t get many recruits out of Texas that the state schools are really on. I’m really excited about the quality of d coaches we’ve assembled from top to bottom. Top notch at every position!!

War Eagle Mr. Thompson!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, gravejd said:

We’ve really been killing it with these last couple DB signings. The Woodson Mcgriff combo seems to be off to a good start in the recruiting world!! We don’t get many recruits out of Texas that the state schools are really on. I’m really excited about the quality of d coaches we’ve assembled from top to bottom. Top notch at every position!!

War Eagle Mr. Thompson!!

Especially impressive is Texas had essentially had a 2 year lead here. They offered & started building a relationship after his freshman year. We didn't offer til theis past March.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2019 at 6:59 AM, ellitor said:

To add, Texas recruiting reporters are now saying it's very tight.

I want to get this kid for his ability but I also want to get him because JLee smugly said last night AU had no shot.

I love that we got him because this is probably what makes @ellitor the happiest about it

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

Exactly.

More like allows us to keep up. The bigger programs have signed most of their classes early allowing them to spend all of January on the next class while other teams are finishing up current classes.

Never thought about it that way - allowing staffs to focus on the next season. Definitely a big advantage on teams still trying to fill the current class. 

With regards to our next class, we already hit big time home runs at QB and RB1. We lead big for a 5* DT, if I'm not mistaken. Ugh, I know we all say it constantly but only one thing needs to change for us to move into very rare air. Well, that and our OLs and safeties staying healthy...

War Damn Chris Thompson

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

With regards to our next class, we already hit big time home runs at QB and RB1. We lead big for a 5* DT, if I'm not mistaken. Ugh, I know we all say it constantly but only one thing needs to change for us to move into very rare air. Well, that and our OLs and safeties staying healthy...

War Damn Chris Thompson

We need a big time DT!!

• Like 1

Boom! War Eagle! I like how our secondary recruiting seemed to all explode at once!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Boom! War Eagle! I like how our secondary recruiting seemed to all explode at once!

This statement on face value alone could be a good or bad thing. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ellitor unpinned and featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris Thompson talks Auburn. He's looking forward to being at the game today and watching Auburn in his backyard. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Chris-Thompson-Jr-talks-about-the-Auburn-Tigers-winning-a-big-game-on-Friday-night-and-more-134969889/

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2019 at 2:04 PM, Randman5000 said:

Chris Thompson talks Auburn. He's looking forward to being at the game today and watching Auburn in his backyard. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Chris-Thompson-Jr-talks-about-the-Auburn-Tigers-winning-a-big-game-on-Friday-night-and-more-134969889/

Well spoken young man.  Excellent measurables.  Like hearing Smoke is incognito recruiting as well. Wde

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Ok now that you pointed it out to me all I ever see you on is the crutin forum!!! LOVE IT BRODIE!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! You keep us up to date and the information flowing. LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Like 2

Just FYI he made that tweet that Sizzle pointed out because some coaches from USC staff had a in home with him tonight. 

• Like 1

• Like 1
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm excited for him to be at AU

We have some really really good guys committed that have committed so early they’ve almost been forgotten already lol

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now if we can only get his teammate next year

That’ll probably be Morris’ job. He’s the one with Texas ties

Edited by Sizzle

This kid is an elite Safety.  I looked at the teams recruiting him Texas, Ohio State, etc.  Our recruiters did a great job.

• Like 1