Practice News & Notes: 8/14 (Scrimmage #2)

ellitor

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So far, I feel like my man crush is doing pretty well in practice. He hasn't made any major mistakes yet. He's being cautious with injuries. He's not giving away team secrets to the media. He's putting in the work, out in that 104 degree heat. I feel like he's showing pretty good leadership, so far. Maybe he made great progress in the off-season and will surprise everyone!!!

talking about @passthebiscuits? lol

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was gonna tell everyone what the favorite flavor snow cone was with the players but in this day and time it might be premium content. i hate sports reporting the way it is right now. i just think it is wrong. we pay so much for everything auburn it just seems wrong to get basic tidbits about a scrimmage. maybe i am missing something?

Defense still very good. Smoke was all over the field. LBs played very well. 

OLine looked a little better, held blocks especially in passing. Going to be key to get rid of the ball early. Still underwhelming. 

WRs looked rough today. Not crisp routes. Dropped passes. 

RBs are tough and fight for everything. Cadillac has them tough and hitting holes in the interior hard, even if there’s not a lot of room. 

Several backups played well...always tough to gauge. 

Qbs...all I keep hearing is how Nix is going to start, but still looks like JG is the leader to most I talk to...so who knows!?! No INTs today. What does the QB do when the play breaks down? The QB that handles that better will be the starter IMO.

No major injury updates. Lots of sore dudes but came out OK. It was blazing hot! Certainly not Nip-worthy...yet. 

Ummmmm, when I said he made me hungry, you know I was talking about his biscuit AVATAR, right???? :-\

Besides, I am a happily married woman and Mr. Biscuits is probably too young for me! :bigblush:

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

It is going to be hard to keep Smoke Monday off of the field. I know I keep talking about him but he keeps making plays. 

Defense : dominating 

me: 😀

I believe between Smoke, KJ and Chandler there is going to be some serious hurt leveled on some opposing offenses. These guys know how to bring the hammer down. 👍

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Smoke Monday had a big day again. My guess is he'll be the #3 CB, first to play slot WRs, along with being 2nd team safety.

Boom! Stoked to hear this!

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Except the OL is ... Nevermind

Not picking Bird but I think many may be a little tough on the OL. They played decent at the end of the year last year. Remember there wasn’t much experience going into last year. The guys we were planning on didn’t show up. These guys worked trough it. I know Purdue wasn’t A great team but they were decent. I thought these guys did well against them. Now they are a year older and more experienced. Tega graded out well by the experts. I don’t think the play calling or the QB wanting to stay health for his pro draft ( not blaming him) didn’t help the OL success. Kim seems to be doing much better. Honestly I’m not to worried about our OL except maybe by the depth situation. I really expect good things out of them. My guess is we will be high in the list of the rushing offense teams this year. JMHO 

13 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

OLine looked a little better, held blocks especially in passing. Going to be key to get rid of the ball early. Still underwhelming. 

RBs are tough and fight for everything. Cadillac has them tough and hitting holes in the interior hard, even if there’s not a lot of room. 

Qbs...all I keep hearing is how Nix is going to start, but still looks like JG is the leader to most I talk to...so who knows!?! No INTs today. What does the QB do when the play breaks down? The QB that handles that better will be the starter IMO.

No major injury updates. Lots of sore dudes but came out OK. It was blazing hot! Certainly not Nip-worthy...yet. 

Thanks as always PTB! With Smoke and Iggy we might have the best secondary we’ve had in years

17 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I believe between Smoke, KJ and Chandler there is going to be some serious hurt leveled on some opposing offenses. These guys know how to bring the hammer down. 👍

Pap too!

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Not picking Bird but I think many may be a little tough on the OL. They played decent at the end of the year last year. Remember there wasn’t much experience going into last year. The guys we were planning on didn’t show up. These guys worked trough it. I know Purdue wasn’t A great team but they were decent. I thought these guys did well against them. Now they are a year older and more experienced. Tega graded out well by the experts. I don’t think the play calling or the QB wanting to stay health for his pro draft ( not blaming him) didn’t help the OL success. Kim seems to be doing much better. Honestly I’m not to worried about our OL except maybe by the depth situation. I really expect good things out of them. My guess is we will be high in the list of the rushing offense teams this year. JMHO 

That's mostly last year. We're talking this year. Before today they were underwhelming by all counts.

22 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

You're seriously awesome.  Thank you!

Glad to hear that about our 6'6", 235 lb QB.  Hope he takes the reigns and makes it his for a year or two.

It sounds like this team would be better served playing 3 yards and a cloud of dust but the offensive line unfortunately can’t impose their will

going to be to be a game in a game seeing them try to develop an identity 

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

Thanks for the info but I am confused. You are hearing that Nix is going to start but those who you talk to feel differently. Let me ask this, which side has more weight to their title? Lol.

We can have the most elite defense in the history of college football, but if our offense can move the ball that elite defense will tire and wear down and eventually give up enough points that our offense can’t cover. Gotta have that O start pulling it together with 1st game 17 days away. I watched the Ducks vs Stanford from 2018 last night and yeah the lost in the last seconds but almost that whole team comes back and they are going to be tough. And ole Mario is gonna have them ready for us for sure. 

32 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I think it was Nix but not 100%. Have to put the binoculars on 

That was Gatewood.

Nevermind can’t tell. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

That was Gatewood.

Nevermind can’t tell. 

Boy are we ever ready for some football to start fo’ real!

3 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Marcello is just kind of a downer all the time. He could win the Powerball tonight and would say, "It was ok I guess." 

And Gus Malzahn is just  kind of a non developer of quarter  backs. Both guys could burn out this season and Gus would say "They just need to execute better."

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

from all i hear he is bringing the thunder and hell is following.  lol trying to quote kurt in tombstone. my memory sux...........lol

Bad memory or not, anyone quoting Tombstone is doing a good thing.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Some nice throws by both QBs. Also, look at Hill juking guys! 

Seriously, is Malik Miller a magician?

I've never seen a guy so slow & plodding who can rip off long runs like he has.

Archived