biggest concern for the first game?

gr82b4au

The offensive line. I know we've been hearing about how much better they are now than last year, but I feel strongly that if they win their battles, we win the game going away.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The offensive line. I know we've been hearing about how much better they are now than last year, but I feel strongly that if they win their battles, we win the game going away.

This

1 hour ago, Auctoritas said:

Kicking game. Anders had big shoes to fill last year, and I'm not sure he's got the ice water in his veins his brother had to overcome a shakey start.

He's my crush and I just hope he gets some closer opportunities to start the year. He had to try a lot of long ones last year early on as I remember. I'm hoping he can hit some early ones from intermediate range which can build his confidence. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

D. I hope the hype is real. 

It will have to be for us to win these type of games. I am counting on Steele more than Gus at the beginning of the season until the O gets cooking. 

OL because every skill position will have a chance to be successful if the OL can find success. After that then the receivers have to catch the ball, the easy and the difficult ones. For some reason I think Bo will spread it around if he is given the chance if he has confidence in them. We're in good shape with the backs. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

Only three concerns, offense,defense and special teams!

You feel confident in the coaching? 

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

You feel confident in the coaching? 

Until halftime, no. I don’t feel confident. It’s so little preparation time to get ready for the season. New qb, new season unfamiliar opponent. Nervous. 

Justin Herbert living up to the hype and slicing and dicing our defense.  If it becomes a shootout that wouldn’t favor a team starting a true freshman in his first game.

11 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Justin Herbert living up to the hype and slicing and dicing our defense.  If it becomes a shootout that wouldn’t favor a team starting a true freshman in his first game.

I gotta believe our secondary is good enough to prevent any shootouts this season. Hope I’m right.

The run game. If we can control the time of possession we win hands down. To do that we need to run the ball well and stay ahead of the chains. Also, our defense needs to get three and out a lot.  Also, instead of kicking long field goals we need to let the Aussie earn his worth and show his new high punts landing like @augolf1716‘ s wedge shot!

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Also, instead of kicking long field goals we need to let the Aussie earn his worth and show his new high punts

Forget that crap, my Aussie buddy will just drop kick it through the uprights for 3. Aussie aussie aussie!

2 hours ago, Auctoritas said:

Kicking game. Anders had big shoes to fill last year, and I'm not sure he's got the ice water in his veins his brother had to overcome a shakey start.

Neither did his brother his freshman year. But really if you look most of his misses were 50+ yards 

The only thing I worry about is the QBs . This ain’t high school and it’s not practice. You just can’t tell what happens when they go live fire against meaner, faster guys. I know they go against our defense but it’s not the same and Joey went against lower class teams last year or like against PU just running out the clock. This year they know they are chosen to lead this offense. Whether justified or not they get the praise or the fuss. What I worry most about is when something goes wrong, will they block it out and move on or let it dictate the rest of the game? I hope and believe they will be successful.

Honestly, after last season's performance against MSU and Tennessee, my biggest concern is having the defense show up and walk the walk after hearing all the talk the talk.  Oregon comes into the game with what appears to be a very big, experience and good offensive line.  If the AU defense doesn't show up like we all expect...well...I expect 'em to show up and show out.  I just don't wanna be wrong.

1. Playcalling 

2. O-line

3.Switching qb's at the wrong time

4. Wrs

I know Bo is a TF but he is of a different breed. The moment won't be too big for him. His father instilled that gamer attitude in him. So that is no concern to me.

Slow start. We do it every year. If we come out and just kill Oregon in the first twenty minutes, it will mean to me that we've departed from the tendencies that cause those slow starts. 

There's actually myriad concerns I have which obviously would just be repeating several other previous posts as well as repeating myself.

So, to keep it simple.... Will the O-line be aggressive bulldozers or will they be acrobats and show off their back-flipping skills?

Oh, and I'm concerned that there might be a drinking game based on runs up the gut & WR bubble screens.  Gosh, I hope not.

Archived