Florida Score Prediction

tbone1430

On 9/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, aucat said:

Good boys  35; Swamp boys:42

Sorry, but no one is allowed to pick opponents to win in these Score Prediction threads. You'll need to change your prediction.

😉

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UF vs Townson replay on SEC network at 11:00 tomorrow morning. I'll scout that a bit before making a prediction.

I have witnessed, in my almost 60 years of following AU, many UF/AU games in Gainesville. It is one helluva' tough place to play in and win. It does not matter who is this or that, the swamp is a bad place to go. I just can't get all of those losses to UF in Gainesville out of my system, they are just ingrained in my football psychological makeup. I am sorry for that, but its why I am picking UF to win.

UF - 24
AU - 21

All of the talking heads keep telling us the Florida D is going to put a ton of pressure on Nix and our offense will be limited. If you believe the hype about their pass rush this may be true. The stats do not paint the same picture. While it will be the best rush we have seen it isn't like they have Reggie White, Derrick Thomas, and Kevin Green coming after Nix. They have 24 sacks on the season but only one of those came against UK. They had 10 against Miami who was starting two freshman tackles. They have played two FCS teams and UT who might be competitive in a FCS conference. 

The biggest mismatch is our D-line vs the UF O-line. I think we can get pressure up the middle and not have to rush 5 or 6 to impact the QB. This will force quick throws and our DB's/LB's are good enough to keep these guys in front of them. On offense I expect them to hammer it up the middle which is the weakness fo their line and defense. Make them adjust to stop it which will help slow down their pressure from the edges. I believe GM can make UF play his game and not vice versa. 

AU wins and covers again. 38-17.

I hope like hell I'm wrong but UF 24 AU 20.  This UF defense is built for speed.  I don't see the sideline to sideline gadgets working other than to keep the D honest.  If we can run the ball right at them we have a great chance.  There is zero possibility we go into this game and lose the turnover battle and win.  Blitzing the QB is a must to get pressure.  When we don't blitz QBs have eaten us alive this year early in games.

Auburn has won only once at Gainesville in the past 24 years. Including games at Jordan-Hare, Florida is 8-4 vs Auburn over that period. But recent history is a bit better. Auburn upset Florida when they were ranked #2 in 2006 and when they were ranked #4 in 2007, during the Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow era. That includes the last time Auburn won in the swamp, 12 years ago.

Auburn comes in ranked higher. Florida really wants to knock off a decent team to get some sort of cred. And as if they needed more motivation, this is Homecoming for the Gators. So the Gators will not be looking ahead to their game in Baton Rouge next weekend. And in fact, I think Florida views this game as a MUST WIN for them, because of LSU and UGA coming up.

Truthfully, I have no clue which team comes out of this game still alive. As always, I'll be glued to my TV, pulling for the good guys.

10 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I just can't get all of those losses to UF in Gainesville out of my system, they are just ingrained in my football psychological makeup. .

Image result for exorcism gif

This ain't Spurrier's swamp.

31-16 Tigers

On 9/30/2019 at 7:58 PM, roe4christ said:

If Florida was a stronger run team than they are a pass team, the score would be closer and AU would still win by 10+ (because it is in the Swamp).  However, because they will have to pass the ball to keep up, I think that they will be playing catch up after halftime.  I think AU wins by 17 to 21 points.  Final score:  38-21

If crowd is really a problem for AU and we turn the ball over several times.......watch out.

Two worthwhile concerns.....would be helpful to take the crowd out of the game quickly like they did for the aggies.....when AU got the third TD, someone posted pictures of the aggie fans flooding out of the stadium.   Would be nice to quiet the gators with a quick 14 point lead....👍

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Two worthwhile concerns.....would be helpful to take the crowd out of the game quickly like they did for the aggies.....when AU got the third TD, someone posted pictures of the aggie fans flooding out of the stadium.   Would be nice to quiet the gators with a quick 14 point lead....👍

I think we have an idea of what they will probably try to do on offense based on what seems to be their bread and butter.  They will try quick passes to wr's and try to get yards after the catch.  Quick slants, etc... anything in the short passing game.  This will test our secondary, which has given us some yards this year.  Good thing is that they have been making good open field tackles and have limited yards after catch.  I think we need to play them tighter on the line of scrimmage rather than playing off of them, as we so often do.  Otherwise, they will 5 yard us to death and keep moving the chains.  I hope we have honed in on this and have a plan for the quick, short passes.  If Trask has to think too long or sit in the pocket and survey the field, that is good for us.  Our defensive line and LB's will feast with their weak OL.

I’m adding another 7 to our score based off Florida’s arrogance and consistent Twitter jokes about the poisoning of our trees. 

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m adding another 7 to our score based off Florida’s arrogance and consistent Twitter jokes about the poisoning of our trees. 

Barning Hard got them all riled up with his poor-taste Megan Mullen posts.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

JMO usually better not to inject the personal stuff into the discussion....especially about wives and kids...Probably does not affect the outcome of the game but shows a lack of class about the fans. 

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO usually better not to inject the personal stuff into the discussion....especially about wives and kids...Probably does not affect the outcome of the game but shows a lack of class about the fans. 

Yeah Barning Hard seems to enjoy pushing that to the limit. Sort of the territory a lot of anonymous twitter accounts dive into. Can all be in good fun but usually, just like siblings squabbling, escalates to a level where Mom and Dad have to step in and say enough.

Towson moved the ball very well against the UF defense. They had three drives of 12 or more plays into the red zone. One was killed by an un-forced fumble on the QB/center snap, one by a missed 32 yard field goal and on the third, the Gators earned the stop with a big sack. Towson had a lot of plays that worked well in that game, the shutout was deceptive.

Florida's starting QB is accurate and throws the kind of passes that have been causing us trouble so I wouldn't sell him short but he doesn't seem to be mobile. Can our D get to him enough?

I wouldn't be surprised to see UF's backup QB, the dual threat guy from Lagrange, Ga, named Jones, play a lot. He's quick and good. He might be a better choice to negate our pass rush. His style is so different from the starter's that I hope we've given this some thought in game planning.

I'm thinking AU 31, UF 16.

This will be the most hostile environment Bo has played in and against arguably the best defense he has faced yet. However I don’t like the narrative that the moment will be too big. With pass protection Bo has been poised and confident. 

10 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

This will be the most hostile environment Bo has played in and against arguably the best defense he has faced yet. However I don’t like the narrative that the moment will be too big. With pass protection Bo has been poised and confident. 

Also, it sometimes helps to be too young and dumb to even know that you're supposed to be shook, lol. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Also, it sometimes helps to be too young and dumb to even know that you're supposed to be shook, lol. 

If his nerves weren’t in shambles on the last drive of the Oregon game I feel like he can handle most situations. He’s faced his fair share of pressure already this season so I feel like the environment of the Swamp may effect him more than the Florida DLine. Throw up a few scores early and you’ve hushed the crowd. I think the key battle is less Bo vs whatever and more so our OLine vs the Florida defense. 

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Barning Hard never does anything in poor taste. 

Archived