Joiner?

doverstutts

I know some of you get to go to some practices, so I am asking because of what I read on another board that was ,supposedly, quoting someone who does, about Joiner. I was not keen on signing him due to his somewhat verified reputation of being soft in high school. That came from a "friend of a friend of a friend of a coach" type situation. I was kinda' warming up to him this year because I saw no sign of that in his play so far. He didn't play against Moo St and i heard nothing about an injury, but just what I read on another board. Maybe he's really just dinged up or something

It’s possible. Also I don’t remember us running the wheel out of the backfield either. Maybes it’s a combo of him not being 100% and wanting to keep film limited on him at the same time? Who knows really.

did he not fumble in the game before state? if so i imagine he is in the doghouse. and yes i know pretty much all of our rb's fumbled but we still had to field a back to play. shrugs. i could be wrong on the fumble thing but i believe i am right.

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

I know some of you get to go to some practices, so I am asking because of what I read on another board that was ,supposedly, quoting someone who does, about Joiner. I was not keen on signing him due to his somewhat verified reputation of being soft in high school. That came from a "friend of a friend of a friend of a coach" type situation. I was kinda' warming up to him this year because I saw no sign of that in his play so far. He didn't play against Moo St and i heard nothing about an injury, but just what I read on another board. Maybe he's really just dinged up or something

Was wondering the same thing. 

Gus needs to establish a backup every down back. Shivers, and Martin are good change of pace guys, but we need a viable big back in case Boobies goes down.  I'm not interested in the excuse that we didn't have a chance because our feature back was gimpy this year. The Williams kid looked good what little time he was in, but I'd like to see him, and Joiner get some carries with the 1's

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

Joiner may become a true running back, but right now he’s a versatile weapon. No point in using him against MSU. The ways we will likely use him are on plays we’ll want later in the year.

It’s the same reason Joey didn’t really throw it much early.

38 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I'm not interested in the excuse that we didn't have a chance because our feature back was gimpy this year.

Same here. Don't care who the #2 or #3 etc. are; just want them ready to go when needed and hopefully if we continue to distribute carries, we don't see any of them gimpy during the year.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

did he not fumble in the game before state? if so i imagine he is in the doghouse. and yes i know pretty much all of our rb's fumbled but we still had to field a back to play. shrugs. i could be wrong on the fumble thing but i believe i am right.

He did fumble but I don’t he’s in the doghouse because I think he got a carry on the very next play if I’m not mistaken 

Also how many RB’s do y’all think usually play in a game? We had I think 4-5 different RB’s get carries last game and that’s not counting the few jet sweeps we do with our WR’s and Nix getting his few carries

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he did but covered it up I think

We have what? Five or six guys listed as HB or hybrid. Everyone cannot get consistent PT.It’s unheard of.  Harold’s time will come. 

5 hours ago, doverstutts said:

He may become a tough kid in college.  He absolutely is a gifted athlete.  Kind of a tweener imo.  The schools that wanted him as a receiver were right.  He was soft in high school.  I watched numerous games.  I doubt gus gives him a chance to be a every down RB.  My bet is he transfers.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Also how many RB’s do y’all think usually play in a game? We had I think 4-5 different RB’s get carries last game and that’s not counting the few jet sweeps we do with our WR’s and Nix getting his few carries

Ding ding ding we have a winner. Guys nobody is in the doghouse. We had like 9 folks run the football Saturday night. The most by anyone was the QB . That’s a good thing. Whitlow has earned the number one spot and the others will all get playing time. I suspect we will see different RBs get more carries in different games. I honestly think any of them could be the starter if needed.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

We have what? Five or six guys listed as HB or hybrid. Everyone cannot get consistent PT.It’s unheard of.  Harold’s time will come. 

Folks are just enamored with him because of his size. It's our thing here at Auburn. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Folks are just enamored with him because of his size. It's our thing here at Auburn. 

Yep.....for years MMA give the Big guys top billing...........However, the best fights have always been 155 and below.

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Yep.....for years MMA give the Big guys top billing...........However, the best fights have always been 155 and below.

And exact same could be said about Vince McMahon and WWE. So maybe it's not just an AU thing, lol. 

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f292e9bd8a2ed7d5a5b80

Don’t act like you all weren’t thinking it .

30 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

Not listed in the participation report, which makes me a little concerned given the redshirt rule and the fact that this was game #5...

https://auburntigers.com/boxscore.aspx?id=11301&path=football

Hopefully nothing to it though. 

Thought he used his redshirt season last year. 

edit: @Sani-Freeze I see you meant transfer rule and not redshirt rule. Agree, hopefully nothing to it. 

14 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Well it's an AU and others thing😂

I won't make a joke about length and girth but I don't hesitate to play the size queen card.

Archived