Whitlow out 4-6 weeks

Beenjammin

I'm not as worried about our RB situation because of the fact that we have so many versatile RBs who basically can do the job as well. Really it was Gus' refusal to use them. The knee surgery sounds like a menisectomy to me if I know my knee conditions and surgical solutions well enough. (I've had 5 knee surgeries in a 26 yr old life span on the same knee.)

So I'm sure that he will be fine after, but long-term future is going to be an issue because getting meniscus cut out takes away from your knee's life and gives way to plenty of arthritic conditions depending on how much they take out. 

Looking to see Worm, Joiner, and Williams get some shine now.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

well, the ole Guster gonna' have to figure out something else, hopefully not the whirlybird

Not funny

56 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

We already said this. Gus should just pay us to write his media releases. 

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

@3rdgeneration

Kudos on your "sideline reporting" from Saturday. 

I hate it so much for Boobee, but it might give guys opportunities to shine. It should cause Gus to really look at those running plays and figure out how to get a little better blocking for the RBs. Hoping that Joey gets the wildcat package which I believe he should have had all along.

Damn, hate that for Boobee. I have a special place in my hall of favorites for him since he's from Chambers County, too, and overcome a lot. Hope he makes a full recovery. 

1 hour ago, Beenjammin said:

Just announced that Boobie has undisclosed injury an underwent surgery today. Out for 6 weeks minimum.... Not Good. I wish him a swift recovery. I know he will want to be out there.

No disrespect to Whitlow, and I hope he returns to full health soon, but I see this as an opportunity.

IMHO, Whitlow is not a true feature running back.  I know he's had some good moments, but he's a far cry from the feature backs we've had in the recent past. 

I hope some of our younger backs now get a chance to invigorate our running game.

Does anyone know about MAR?  I thought he was supposed to be a really good back and one who could see the field as a true freshman.  Cadillac needs to coach lights out to get the most out of our RB crew. It seems that when we start doing well, we lose a player like Boobee.

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Damn I hate to see this. Gotta have the next man up mentality. I trust in all the RB’s to get the job done no matter who it is

You have more faith than I do.  Witlow’s blocking in the passing game will missed.

8 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

No disrespect to Whitlow, and I hope he returns to full health soon, but I see this as an opportunity.

Finally one freaking reasonable comment in the last 72 hours.

Thank you.

Prayers for Boobie!

For those worried about the next man up, this is how Peyton Barber and really KJ got to their respective stardoms.  

So, to the important question we've all been wanting to ask, but were afraid to:

Is Whitlow's nickname properly spelled "Boobee" or "Boobie".

I'd guess that Sean Connery would vote for "Boobie", but that's just his wishful thinking from past conquering glory days.

I Googled it, and there seems to be no definitive spelling consensus.

Although I'd wager that the trend of nicknaming Justin Bieber "the Biebs" would never officially apply to Whitlow, for obvious reasons.

44 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

For those worried about the next man up, this is how Peyton Barber and really KJ got to their respective stardoms.  

I understand the sentiment but... It sounds like you may be forgetting about the 2015 UGA game. And the 2016 UGA game. And the 2017 SEC Championship UGA game. Also the 2018 UGA game...

We lose our top RB by the end of the year, every year, and lose to UGA because we can't get a first down.

9 minutes ago, Sani-Freeze said:

I understand the sentiment but... It sounds like you may be forgetting about the 2015 UGA game. And the 2016 UGA game. And the 2017 SEC Championship UGA game. Also the 2018 UGA game...

We lose our top RB by the end of the year, every year, and lose to UGA because we can't get a first down.

Thanks for the reminders! 👍🏻

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I hate it so much for Boobee, but it might give guys opportunities to shine. It should cause Gus to really look at those running plays and figure out how to get a little better blocking for the RBs. Hoping that Joey gets the wildcat package which I believe he should have had all along.

What did you predict that I missed? 

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I agree, I wasn't really being sarcastic, or knocking Gus here. I just don't see him starting a true FR quarterback, and a true FR running back on the road.Even if it is Arkansas. I hope DJ, and Joiner play a bunch.

Yes, start Kmart if you need to, but don't expect him to be an every down back Work the other 3 gradually at least.

3 hours ago, WarEagleChemE said:

Gus runs our RBs into the ground until they get injured every year. Pettway, Kerryon, now Boobee.

I would agree in the past, but Gus has been very good for the most part this year of doing the exact opposite. Don't bring that Busch League Gus Hate here. He has his due but this isn't on GUS

2 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Does anyone know about MAR?  I thought he was supposed to be a really good back and one who could see the field as a true freshman.  Cadillac needs to coach lights out to get the most out of our RB crew. It seems that when we start doing well, we lose a player like Boobee.

I don't expect to see MAR in any capacity other than maybe some limited Special teams. He came in with an injury and will definitely redshirt.

3 hours ago, doc4aday said:

He had surgery before the season started. Don’t know how healthy he is now

3 hours ago, keesler said:

You have more faith than I do.  Witlow’s blocking in the passing game will missed.

Miller is our best pass blocking back

36 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Gus will out of his way to not use him imo

There are multiple reports of a reason for that. Look around a little.

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I would agree in the past, but Gus has been very good for the most part this year of doing the exact opposite. Don't bring that Busch League Gus Hate here. He has his due but this isn't on GUS

I like Gus’s intention but it’s not like it’s much smarter in “saving a guy” (he still used him in the first half), if you’re gonna wear him down for 4 straight plays every drive in the second half. It’s like he’s allergic to just subbing out RBs...not like we’re actually going fast enough to avoid doing so 

Archived