Whitlow out 4-6 weeks

Beenjammin

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

He had surgery before the season started. Don’t know how healthy he is now

Miller is our best pass blocking back

and when he is in the game everybody above the age of 6 months knows its a pass coming up

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

and when he is in the game everybody above the age of 6 months knows its a pass coming up

In past few years yes, but this year that is incorrect.  He has been in for 16 snaps, and out of those 16 he rushed four times and caught three passes.  That is almost 50% where he blocks and 50% the ball comes to him in some form or fashion.

I look for KMart to step up first with a lot more use of Miller.  Those guys have the most experience.  Miller does not have the game breaking speed but is the bigger back and the best blocker.  I love Worm’s speed and toughness but his size hurts him.  We haven’t seen much of DJ yet but based on the small sample size he may be the most complete back.  And then there is Joiner who we thought was going to be staying on the field in a “Swiss army knife” type role but has not been been used much at all.  It should be interesting to see which direction Gus takes.  He has a history of trying to find the one guy rather than spreading out the load.  

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

Anybody here remember the '85 Bears? Let's give it to Derrick Brown inside the 5. That should work. 

Surely he can get five yards before the turf monster gets him again.  :D

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

Bout to be DJ coming out party up in here. 

I’d love to see it. Kam might be the guy against Arkansas considering how we should be able to run all over them regardless of RB.

I feel bad for boobie. He was chosen as the sacrifice that gets gus fired. Hopefully he can get back and out on a show for the draft and the cluster **** that will be the search committee. 

13 hours ago, gr82be said:

Anybody here remember the '85 Bears? Let's give it to Derrick Brown inside the 5. That should work. 

I like the way you think! I might go with that unbalanced under center that we ran with Chandler last year, but having DB as the lead blocker and Marlon at RB. Only Bc according to Marlon, he would score Bc he’s “not fat”. Lol

Side note: Man am I gonna miss those guys next year, makes me sad to think about it

14 hours ago, keesler said:

You have more faith than I do.  Witlow’s blocking in the passing game will missed.

No worries, we'll sub in Miller for passing downs. No one will notice.

And this is how Gus finds most of his good RB's and o-lineman recently.

15 hours ago, CR said:

Quiet a few reporters think DJ Williams may be the best RB on the roster. Guess we’re about to see if they’re right.

Which means he will not see the field.  

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

we tanked when we lost kj. so it is a worry.

KJ was all we had. While never wanting a kid to be injured, this will force Gus to sh or get off the pot with D.J., Joiner and Shivers.  Forcing his hand is a good thing in this situation. If he sticks exclusively with Kam and Miller, he deserves whatever fate he gets. 

15 hours ago, gr82be said:

Except for the Turf Monster...

15 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Everything happens for a reason.  God has a plan.

Even as a Christian, I find this sarcasm both hilarious and appropriate.

16 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

we tanked when we lost kj. so it is a worry.

Not me, we have a number of good backs hungry for an oppurtunity impress........that can now get more than 3 carries per game.

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

The injury lords may yet again be trying to save Gus from himself

Only for those lords that want him saved.  

47 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Not me, we have a number of good backs hungry for an oppurtunity impress........that can now get more than 3 carries per game.

That's hilarious. When has Gus legitimately had an open competition at RB? When has he ever spread the rock around? Never, he picks a favorite,  usually in reference to seniority or loyalty and closes the conversation. I guess you could say he has somewhat given carries to other backs this season,  but not enough to let them legitimately make an impact. I hope I'm wrong in my reluctance to believe it's going to be any different this time. 

After reading the last couple pages, it seems we have 2 issues to think about. One, if we use Brown at RB on the goal line we need to make sure the turf has been cut real, real, low. Secondly, I think Joiner is the guy that can shine, but, I'm not sure 2 weeks will allow the time to teach him enough plays beyond the wheel route. I could be wrong on that last point.

j/k ;D 

The only way our running game is going to be effective, especially without Boobie, against the elite SEC defenses is if we spread the field with speed sweeps, screens, slants, etc. I just can´t see the OL we have allowing us to just run the ball up in the middle like Gus wants to do every game.

Archived