Jay Tate Postgame show

CR

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man, I didn’t mean for this thing to turn into this. I was joking!

Well then put an emoji or some kind of sarcasm thing in your post to make it clear you are joking since most of the rest of the thread is a serious convo. Everything in your OP came across serious with the word usage and delivery FWIW. Yes I am sarcasm deficient but Tora missed it too & she's usually good at catching jokes & sarcasm.

20 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

To be fair, Jay Tate and his gang of goons just devoted an entire podcast to the topic.

@AUDevil I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. The guys who work at AU Rivals are good peeps. JLee is the only 1 who rubs me wrong sometimes.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@AUDevil I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. The guys who work at AU Rivals are good peeps. JLee is the only 1 who rubs me wrong sometimes.

Is he the one that was rudely deposited into a trashcan at the Supper Club? Or is that BMatt?

20 minutes ago, CR said:

Wow to me that Steele coached all year having already discussed taking over the program. Maybe not for you.

It was a contingency discussion & with Gus surviving by a whisker last year it was logical to at least put out a feeler to CKS on it.

1 minute ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Is he the one that was rudely deposited into a trashcan at the Supper Club?

That would be him.

24 minutes ago, CR said:

Wow to me that Steele coached all year having already discussed taking over the program. Maybe not for you.

Steele would be the most logical choice to approach in order to develop a plan B.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well then put an emoji or some kind of sarcasm thing in your post to make it clear you are joking since most of the rest of the thread is a serious convo. Everything in your OP came across serious with the word usage and delivery FWIW. Yes I am sarcasm deficient but Tora missed it too & she's usually good at catching jokes & sarcasm.

I didn’t know anything about this thread was serious. My post history will show you that I very rarely take any of this seriously. Because it’s all just speculation in my eyes until I see the administration say it.

@WarDamnEagleWDE, @ellitor

What are your views on Steele as a recruiter? The thing Dabo, Saban, Smart, Orgeron all have in common is they are relentless recruiters. I don't know Jack about recruiting, which is why I'm asking if Steele is up to that task year in year out. A lot of guys get tired of it this late in their career.

11 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I didn’t know anything about this thread was serious. My post history will show you that I very rarely take any of this seriously. Because it’s all just speculation in my eyes until I see the administration say it.

You don't venture to the recruiting forum much & I don't venture to the football forum much so I know little of your post history. If you recently changed your avi from something I was familiar with then I know even less in that regard. And yes the talk in this thread the past few pages had been pretty serious before your post FWIW.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

What are your views on Steele as a recruiter? The thing Dabo, Saban, Smart, Orgeron all have in common is they are relentless recruiters. I don't know Jack about recruiting, which is why I'm asking if Steele is up to that task year in year out. A lot of guys get tired of it this late in their career.

He's great & has been for a long time at what he has done so far with recruiting. Has had a solid hand in every recruit we landed on D since he got here.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's great & has been for a long time at what he has done so far with recruiting. Has had a solid hand in every recruit we landed on D since he got here.

Thanks E. 

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That’s a very light-hearted “goons”.  They’re a little goofy, but always bring good perspective.

54 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Buy you some YellaWood then take it back.

Is it a crime to buy cheap white pine, staple some discarded yellawood tags on the ends and take them back to the store?

49 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Steele would be the most logical choice to approach in order to develop a plan B.

As an interim HC I agree. As a permanent HC I thought AU would go another direction. Im not anti Steele I just thought it would be someone else going forward

57 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Considering the D recruits we've gotten, that's a big honkin' check mark in the plus column for a potential KS coronation.

So to capsulize everything. The money is there to buy Gus out and it might not be as much as the contract say's because they could make a deal. The PTB want him out and he doesn't really have anyone with power behind him anymore. Steele is done with him and may or may not take the job if offered but would probably stay as DC if offered by the New coach. AU has been in contact with whoever the mystery person is to gauge their interest. The Def. staff which is pretty much the best thing we have going right now would stay if Steele does along with the committed recruits. I am not a smart man but I think Gus is gone.  If whoever we hire can make our Off. better we have nothing to lose ( don't just assume though that whoever we bring in will make that better just because what we have now isn't good).  Personally I like Gus and I am not as critical as most of you about the job he has done ( I think the SEC West is a Bone Yard for Coaches) but it just didn't work out for him at AU. The pluses the next coach will have is that we will still have a pretty good Def., we have most of our Off. skill players coming back, our Oline should better next year even though we lose the ones we have now( that's sad) and our schedule next year sets up pretty well.   

2 minutes ago, bg5 said:

So to capsulize everything. The money is there to buy Gus out and it might not be as much as the contract say's because they could make a deal. The PTB want him out and he doesn't really have anyone with power behind him anymore. Steele is done with him and may or may not take the job if offered but would probably stay as DC if offered by the New coach. AU has been in contact with whoever the mystery person is to gauge their interest. The Def. staff which is pretty much the best thing we have going right now would stay if Steele does along with the committed recruits. I am not a smart man but I think Gus is gone.  If whoever we hire can make our Off. better we have nothing to lose ( don't just assume though that whoever we bring in will make that better just because what we have now isn't good).  Personally I like Gus and I am not as critical as most of you about the job he has done ( I think the SEC West is a Bone Yard for Coaches) but it just didn't work out for him at AU. The pluses the next coach will have is that we will still have a pretty good Def., we have most of our Off. skill players coming back, our Oline should better next year even though we lose the ones we have now( that's sad) and our schedule next year sets up pretty well.   

I tend to agree with you.  Gus has done some things well and whoever takes over is getting a program in pretty good shape. With some exceptions, I think Gus has called pretty good games this year.  It’s mostly that his offensive recruiting failures of the past have come back to haunt him this year. 

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

I tend to agree with you.  Gus has done some things well and whoever takes over is getting a program in pretty good shape. With some exceptions, I think Gus has called pretty good games this year.  It’s mostly that his offensive recruiting failures of the past have come back to haunt him this year. 

Play calling is different that scheme.

Offensive recruiting failures.

Player development.

Scheme that is limited.

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

76773168_10107628319588261_9015898693819170816_n.jpg

In terms of calling good plays.

Wanna take a guess where Whitlow runs this?      There are a handful of these that kill drives every game. 

10 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Wanna take a guess where Whitlow runs this?      There are a handful of these that kill drives every game. 

For someone who is so hell bent on micromanaging who gets the ball on read plays, who the pass plays are to be thrown to with no regard to other receivers on the field (it's why our WRs  quit on routes/plays that aren't designed to go to them), and doesn't give our QB the ability to change the play call based on defensive alignment this is absolutely inexcusable for this to have been run right into the teeth of seven (!!!!!!) defenders. They don't even have a freaking DL to the left of our center. This isn't even Kirby dialing up some exotic play that tricked Gus. They're showing their hand right here.

I seriously cannot believe we have a coach that is this bleeping dumb. LOOK AT THIS he literally set up our boys to fail. There's no other way around it. And he let them snap the ball instead of calling a timeout. This photo alone is why our rivals fans and coaches love that Gus is employed by AU.

3 hours ago, bg5 said:

Very impressive, no yellow font at all. I think you nailed Gone With the Wind's 1037 pages into the first Wiki paragraph...no small feat. 😃

22 hours ago, bg5 said:

our Oline should better next year even though we lose the ones we have now( that's sad) 

The O-line is what worries me the most personally regarding next year. Very little experience coming back.

I know you recruit the line based on the O you want (to try) to run, but oh how I was we had a line of 320+ mashers like UGAly's line.

27 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

The O-line is what worries me the most personally regarding next year. Very little experience coming back.

I know you recruit the line based on the O you want (to try) to run, but oh how I was we had a line of 320+ mashers like UGAly's line.

We've had two years of the same line. Experience hasn't helped. It's the talent and the coaching. Hopefully next year we upgrade both

20 hours ago, auskip07 said:

What killed this play is the LG pulled and was in the backfield blocking air

Archived