Prayers needed

ellitor

I wouldn’t normally put something like this in the football forum but I’m scared so I wanted as many eyes on it is possible. My dad just took my mom hoping to get her tested for COVID-19. She’s high-risk if she contracts the disease. She has respiratory issues, typically doesn’t have what is considered adequate levels of oxygen in her blood, had no energy today, & is over 60. My dad took her temperature a while ago and it was 102 and she’s having shortness of breath. As I said earlier I’m scared y’all so please pray for her.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, on it. Praying God's peace and an accurate diagnosis, plus kryptonic physical and emotional strength over you all. Thank you so much for letting us have the opportunity to do so. Please keep us posted. 

On it E!  My parents are both at risk with heart issues (+ mom's a diabetic), I have a shot immune system due to my chemo, my mother-in-law & father-in-law (divorced) are in the same boat as me, my father-in-law's wife has MS and had a series of strokes this past year and their daughter (my wife's 1/2 sister) is one who has the flippant "we're all stupid" attitude so they're extra at risk & my wife is VERY scared for them, my brother's wife works in a hospital lab and one of her close co-workers has been exposed so my brother's family is having to sweat things out now (in Alabama BTW).....  These are scary times for some of us and I'm praying for you & your family my brother!

God bless!

58 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

On it E!  My parents are both at risk with heart issues (+ mom's a diabetic), I have a shot immune system due to my chemo, my mother-in-law & father-in-law (divorced) are in the same boat as me, my father-in-law's wife has MS and had a series of strokes this past year and their daughter (my wife's 1/2 sister) is one who has the flippant "we're all stupid" attitude so they're extra at risk & my wife is VERY scared for them, my brother's wife works in a hospital lab and one of her close co-workers has been exposed so my brother's family is having to sweat things out now (in Alabama BTW).....  These are scary times for some of us and I'm praying for you & your family my brother!

God bless!

I'll keep you & your family in my prayers too. If results come back positive my mom would be the 1st known case in Autauga County. She is a dental assistant & did some work on a patient yesterday or Wednesday who, from what I understand, flippantly said he had the flu Monday but was fine at his appointment. For my mom's sake, and his, I hope it really was the flu.

Will be praying for your mom, dad and you. May you all feel God's comfort, healing and love during this time. By His stripes we are healed. Believe and receive in His name. 

She got tested for Covid-19. Will know the results in 48 hours. The doctors think it is the flu. She had a fever but now she's getting bouts of chills to go with the fever.

Prayers for your Mom. I wish they had also tested for flu. She should take Tylenol for the fever/chills. Let us know if you need anything.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I wish they had also tested for flu.

They did. Said results may not be known til tomorrow on the flu.

4 minutes ago, Grumps said:

She should take Tylenol for the fever/chills.

she did.

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Let us know if you need anything.

Thank you,

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

They did. Said results may not be known til tomorrow on the flu.

she did.

Thank you,

Gotcha about the flu test. Sometimes only takes 15 minutes to get results.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'll keep you & your family in my prayers too. If results come back positive my mom would be the 1st known case in Autauga County. She is a dental assistant & did some work on a patient yesterday or Wednesday who, from what I understand, flippantly said he had the flu Monday but was fine at his appointment. For my mom's sake I hope it really was the flu.

The positive to that is it’s early in the war. The system is not overwhelmed yet. She would be in the first wave and get the needed treatment. Still hoping it’s negative. 

20 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Gotcha about the flu test. Sometimes only takes 15 minutes to get results.

If she tests positive for the flu does that mean COVID-19 would be negative for now?

25 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If she tests positive for the flu does that mean COVID-19 would be negative for now?

It’s not impossible to have both viruses, but extraordinarily unlikely. Our current policy is that if you are + for flu, there’s no need to test for COV-19 .

prayers sent!

You got it Grumps. Chest X-ray will be very diagnostic. My wife just had pneumonia which is C19 end game. Hers was not the virus though as evidenced by only one lobe lower posterior shaded area. Covid has bilateral infection with white clusters scattered from top to bottom. She responded well to antibiotics. Hope your mom is clear.

Prayers up Brother!!!

32 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

You got it Grumps. Chest X-ray will be very diagnostic. My wife just had pneumonia which is C19 end game. Hers was not the virus though as evidenced by only one lobe lower posterior shaded area. Covid has bilateral infection with white clusters scattered from top to bottom. She responded well to antibiotics. Hope your mom is clear.

Thanks & glad your wife is.

My mom tested - for the flu but the doc said she thinks my mom has the flu but it was just too early to show up yet.

Archived