Prayers needed

ellitor

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Praying, praying, praying! 

Our bff family of four are quarantined in Va. They haven’t been tested due to no direct known contact with someone who has it, but are all running low grade (99/100 degree) fevers. I hope your mother’s high fever is something else that is easier for her to overcome! 

Prayers that this is not COVID-19 and she can get some much needed rest To heal. Please keep us posted. My anxiety has been triggered by social, but I will be coming back to check on you and your mom.

Praying for all of us to maintain perspective and for guidance during this time of need.   So many of us are easily influenced by the media, when we really just need to rely on Him.  

Prayers for you Brother.

23 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Praying, praying, praying! 

Our bff family of four are quarantined in Va. They haven’t been tested due to no direct known contact with someone who has it, but are all running low grade (99/100 degree) fevers. I hope your mother’s high fever is something else that is easier for her to overcome! 

Prayers that this is not COVID-19 and she can get some much needed rest To heal. Please keep us posted. My anxiety has been triggered by social, but I will be coming back to check on you and your mom.

I was told a person who is a coworker that I don’t really know has been sick for a week. Her roommate has tested positive and she will now be tested,  isn’t that a waste of a test?

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn’t normally put something like this in the football forum but I’m scared so I wanted as many eyes on it is possible. My dad just took my mom hoping to get her tested for COVID-19. She’s high-risk if she contracts the disease. She has respiratory issues, typically doesn’t have what is considered adequate levels of oxygen in her blood, had no energy today, & is over 60. My dad took her temperature a while ago and it was 102 and she’s having shortness of breath. As I said earlier I’m scared y’all so please pray for her.

Prayers lifted for all of you. I pray that it all works out favorably.

E Prayers have been sent. I had my Mom in ER in Mckinney, Tx on Monday when she spiked a fever.  Luckily while there fever abated and all tests came back clean. She is 94 and doing well so far.

Prayers for your family.  I hope your mom can take the malaria medicine they are touting, and I hope it works!

18 hours ago, alexava said:

I was told a person who is a coworker that I don’t really know has been sick for a week. Her roommate has tested positive and she will now be tested,  isn’t that a waste of a test?

Eek! I hope they have been staying home. 

yeah, I was talking to a nurse friend and basically asked what the point of a test was since you can’t really do  anything about it except ride it out. 

@ellitor, I'm just now seeing this. Prayers are lifted for your mother and all of your family. May God cover them with His healing hands and restore her health. Don't be afraid, He is with her. Please keep us posted.

Just saw this E. Hope all goes well for your mom.  

On 3/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, alexava said:

Her roommate has tested positive and she will now be tested,  isn’t that a waste of a test?

Why? Are you inferring that because the roommate had it other people in the house automatically get it?

On 3/20/2020 at 8:10 PM, alexava said:

We have an associate whose father has tested positive and in the hospital now. The associate saw him the night he went to the hospital. She has now been in quarantine for one week and she has to be tested before she can come back to work. She may not have it but it's not a wasted test because she wants to come back to work. 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Why? Are you inferring that because the roommate had it other people in the house automatically get it?

If she has the typical symptoms yes. A twenty something year old has it, her roommate has exactly same symptoms....save the test materials. I would prefer to test healthy people that work with elderly or babies. If they test positive get them out of work. I wouldn’t test already sick people who must stay home anyway. There’s no treatment for this until you can’t breathe. 

Kind of late seeing this thread, but will be praying for a fast and fully recovery for your mother!

11 hours ago, alexava said:

If she has the typical symptoms yes. A twenty something year old has it, her roommate has exactly same symptoms....save the test materials. I would prefer to test healthy people that work with elderly or babies. If they test positive get them out of work. I wouldn’t test already sick people who must stay home anyway. There’s no treatment for this until you can’t breathe. 

They try to track contact for positive tests so that they can notify and quarantine as many possible exposures as they can. Your coworker might have been contagious and out in the world quite a bit before anyone in the household showed symptoms. People they were in contact with in the weeks prior need to know. 

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

They try to track contact for positive tests so that they can notify and quarantine as many possible exposures as they can. Your coworker might have been contagious and out in the world quite a bit before anyone in the household showed symptoms. People they were in contact with in the weeks prior need to know. 

That’s my point. She’s positive. You don’t need a test to determine that. Tell the people who were in contact with her.  

Update: she.s still going back and forth between chills and fever. Developed a fever blister today. Had pain in her back & chest the past couple of days. The big pain today has been a headache changing in intensity throughout the day. She didn’t.have much energy yesterday but had enough to make lunch today. She is still at home so I guess that’s a positive sign she hasn’t needed to get more help from a medical facility. Expecting to get test results back tomorrow.

Archived