2021 5* OT Amarius Mims UGA

ellitor

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

We've gone chasing a rabbit. I keep clicking the Mims topic and am reading about a player who played years ago. Not trying to be a _____________, but could we get back on topic please?

Mims is a "generational" type OT. I think he would push if not start day1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Mims is a "generational" type OT. I think he would push if not start day1

Thanks Bird. Now just need you to go get his commitment. And I'll put in a good word for you with Golf

2 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Thanks Bird. Now just need you to go get his commitment. And I'll put in a good word for you with Golf

Don't waste your time he hasn't replaced his batteries and can't hear a thing

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

We've gone chasing a rabbit. I keep clicking the Mims topic and am reading about a player who played years ago. Not trying to be a _____________, but could we get back on topic please?

Noted but it hasn't been that far off topic FWIW.

I love it when people whine about threadjacks but offer zero on-topic content of their own. Not even a specific question about the topic. Oh well. 

I'm going to remain hopeful but pessimistic about Mims. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

He did get some knee problems, but not that bad. His team mates didn't think too much of his attitude and effort while he was at AU. Then the lies to HBO for a little pocket money revealed his character flaws.

Thanks. Somehow I “remembered” that knee trouble prevented him from reaching his considerable potential. Seems like his limitations were primarily located above the shoulders. 

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Thanks. Somehow I “remembered” that knee trouble prevented him from reaching his considerable potential. Seems like his limitations were primarily located above the shoulders. 

Can relate.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I love it when people whine about threadjacks but offer zero on-topic content of their own. Not even a specific question about the topic. Oh well. 

I'm going to remain hopeful but pessimistic about Mims. 

Not whining sir. I know threads get sidetracked, but this has taken up pretty much a whole page.

I am not an expert at all on recruiting, and I look at the recruiting section of this forum for information on certain recruits, especially big time recruits like Mims.

If people want to talk about players from the past, there is a non AU sports thread yall can blast away on.

23 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

You got to be kidding.

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

home video win GIF by Cheezburger

1 hour ago, Pedaler said:

I will be pleasantly stunned if this doesn’t turn out to be a Broderick Jones Part Deux

Not the same lol we had a real chance at landing Broderick Jones. Everyone knows Mims is a long shot 

A quick google search of Mims gives headlines that indicate Tennessee has some buzz and Georgia. Soooooooo :slapfh:

7 hours ago, Zeek said:

A quick google search of Mims gives headlines that indicate Tennessee has some buzz and Georgia. Soooooooo :slapfh:

That's because the Tennessee buzz is older, if I'm not mistaken.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:08 PM, Rednilla said:

home video win GIF by Cheezburger

Now that reminds me of when I first heard the phrase- one was scared and the other was glad of it. :)

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

If you're saying he wasn't here, Dukes is reporting he was in fact here. Not sure if that's what you mean or not, just saying.

Just making a dumb joke. I definitely believe he was "in the 334", as they tweeted. 

Not getting my hopes up but I'm just glad we're still in the fight. 

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just making a dumb joke. I definitely believe he was "in the 334", as they tweeted. 

Not getting my hopes up but I'm just glad we're still in the fight. 

I can personally confirm he was in Auburn this weekend. I’m not an insider, but I’m a student at AU. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I can personally confirm he was in Auburn this weekend. I’m not an insider, but I’m a student at AU. 

Bet my dude is hard to miss. 

Seems like we might be a couple weeks away from a little bump in momentum. Just my guess. Would be a game changer if Mims were part of that. Regardless, I get the feeling that AU football is about to go zero to 60 real fast. If we win our first two games, we might go plaid. 

Quality Starts, 2019 Fantasy Baseball

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Bet my dude is hard to miss. 

Seems like we might be a couple weeks away from a little bump in momentum. Just my guess. Would be a game changer if Mims were part of that. Regardless, I get the feeling that AU football is about to go zero to 60 real fast. If we win our first two games, we might go plaid. 

Quality Starts, 2019 Fantasy Baseball

Gosh, I hope so. If we win these first couple of games, we could take off and put some people on notice. We’ll see if that happens, but it sure would be nice. How great would it be to beat UGA and then beat them for Mims??? Not sure of the likelihood of that happening, but I’d be all for it. 

It would almost take the sting away from the Broderick Jones situation last year. Almost...

49 minutes ago, WarEagle2423 said:

Gosh, I hope so. If we win these first couple of games, we could take off and put some people on notice. We’ll see if that happens, but it sure would be nice. How great would it be to beat UGA and then beat them for Mims??? Not sure of the likelihood of that happening, but I’d be all for it. 

It would almost take the sting away from the Broderick Jones situation last year. Almost...

No doubt. It sounds like we're likely to get Scoob on Oct 10th. That would make a really nice few weeks, especially if we have any other commitments in the chamber. Which I just have a hunch we do. Honestly just a hunch and no info to back it up. And Mims isn't included in that hunch, but this "news" also kind of feeds that hunch that some momentum is brewing, even if we don't land him.

Archived