2022 4* OG/C Dayne Shor

ellitor

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

100% love it!  On both levels.

I see he is from Denmark.   Harsin said he was going national with his recruiting.   I wonder if he knew he was going to attract European kids?   You know Iceland has some big kids.  This bigger recruiting footprint is already paying off.

xdau5uyzdq0bkx1ljprh

Denmark is a few minutes from me in Alpharetta, GA.  Same school Capers went to.

16 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Denmark is a few minutes from me in Alpharetta, GA.  Same school Capers went to.

I got you, I am just telling 'dad jokes'.

Sorry for the confusion.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Apparently the staff isn't interested in Shor. New staff has not contacted him. All per JLee.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently the staff isn't interested in Shor per New staff has not contacted him. All per JLee.

I wonder why that is . 

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Apparently the staff isn't interested in Shor per New staff has not contacted him. All per JLee.

Got a link to this intel?

8 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I wonder why that is . 

@JDUBB4AULikely have other OT targets we like better, especially after Shor had a bad leg injury that made him miss all of last season.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Got a link to this intel?

I got slapped on the wrist when I posted that the first time.  Came from the bunker.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@JDUBB4AULikely have other OT targets we like better, especially after Shor had a bad leg injury that made him miss all of last season.

Kids a legacy.  I'm shocked we at least aren't returning a call.

• Like 2

Very surprising to say the least. I don't know if we have an OL on the roster rated as high.  I'm sure there are 5* guys that our staff likes better.  But a 4*  6'-6 300 Legacy  that bleeds O & B. Come on guys!!  I had him penciled in. We'll probably end up with some low 3* projects. UAT has offered and will probably get Shor if they really push. Reminds of another OL snubbed by us that Tide signed a few years ago. Became an All-American.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, autan said:

I'm sure there are 5* guys that our staff likes better.

@autan There are 3 & 4* guys the staff likes better than Shor. Been said many times but bears repeating here. Recruiting sites' ratings does not mean coaching staffs have the same ratings.

50 minutes ago, autan said:

Reminds of another OL snubbed by us that Tide signed a few years ago. Became an All-American.

Big difference. Jonah Williams never had a serious leg injury in high school. Dayne is going to have to prove himself  to ours & many staffs coming off the injury & that's only fair for all parties involved.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:50 PM, Beaker said:

100% love it!  On both levels.

I see he is from Denmark.   Harsin said he was going national with his recruiting.   I wonder if he knew he was going to attract European kids?   You know Iceland has some big kids.  This bigger recruiting footprint is already paying off.

xdau5uyzdq0bkx1ljprh

I have stated for years on a semi-joking/semi-serious note that we need to be in the pacific islands recruiting OL.  Those dudes are huge and sumo wrestling has a lot of similarities to run blocking.  
As well as central Africa for WRs.  Athletic 7 footers ought to win their fair share of jump balls.  (think NBA rebounders)

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Kids a legacy.  I'm shocked we at least aren't returning a call.

Yeah, it happens. We likely don't have the patience for someone who might still be recovering.

Don't know the reason but as of now we're not recruiting him. 

@autan There are 3 & 4* guys the staff likes better than Shor. Been said many times but bears repeating here. Recruiting sites' ratings does not mean coaching staffs have the same ratings.

Big difference. Jonah Williams never had a serious leg injury in high school. Dayne is going to have to prove himself  to ours & many staffs coming off the injury & that's only fair for all parties involved.

I totally understand Staff waiting to see how he recovers but you still need to keep the communication open. Especially with a Legacy that likes Auburn. Keep communication open but explain we have to see how you have recovered and how you look before we can give you a committable offer. Call a lot and check on his health that shows interest without commitment.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hopefully Bobo's son isn't one of them. 

Pritchett, Quick... Who's the 3rd 4*? Nichols? Also the kid from Opelika, but he's a 3*. 

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

you still need to keep the communication open. Especially with a Legacy that likes Auburn. Keep communication open but explain we have to see how you have recovered and how you look before we can give you a committable offer. Call a lot and check on his health that shows interest without commitment.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pritchett, Quick... Who's the 3rd 4*? Nichols? Also the kid from Opelika, but he's a 3*. 

@W.E.D lol. Not 3 4* guys, it's 3 & 4* guys meaning multiples of each.

@W.E.D lol. Not 3 4* guys, it's 3 & 4* guys meaning multiples of each.

Ah, gotcha 

5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

sumo wrestling has a lot of similarities to run blocking.  

Except you can’t grab the opponent’s under pants and fling him down! 😝 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, toddc said:

Except you can’t grab the opponent’s under pants and fling him down! 😝 

Unless you are a bama O-Linemen because they don't get called for holds ask Derrick Brown.

So i think this is the first real mistake this staff has made (thats public). You have a major position of need, you have a kid who would likely be extremely loyal should he commit, you get momentum from having a 4* OT commit, but you can still sell other kids in playing time by saying “hey look Shor is hurt, we’re hoping hes back in a year or so youre probably ahead of him” (I know a coach would likely never get that specific, but you get the point). Other than 1 recruiting spot- what did you have to lose? This is an easy win. Dont make it a glaring loss

• Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

So i think this is the first real mistake this staff has made (thats public). You have a major position of need, you have a kid who would likely be extremely loyal should he commit, you get momentum from having a 4* OT commit, but you can still sell other kids in playing time by saying “hey look Shor is hurt, we’re hoping hes back in a year or so youre probably ahead of him” (I know a coach would likely never get that specific, but you get the point). Other than 1 recruiting spot- what did you have to lose? This is an easy win. Dont make it a glaring loss

@Auhud08FWIW despite recruiting sites listing him as an OT AU & many teams see him as an OG. They don't think he has the quickness, feet, or athleticism to play OT. And the staff has a number of OGs higher on the board.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 11:27 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Unless you are a bama O-Linemen because they don't get called for holds ask Derrick Brown.

I can't recall if I mentioned this on here previously or not. One of my clients has a Big 12 official who I've dealt with on occasion. Before a meeting one time one of the other guys was asking him how they call certain things and what they look for and the topic of holding came up. I made a comment about DB being double-teamed and held almost every play. His response was basically he's usually the best player on the field and he's good enough that it shouldn't matter if he's held or not. That's not verbatim, but the basic gist of it was they aren't going to throw a flag on it on every single play when the player is that good. That response was surprising, but based on what we saw his senior year, definitely believable.

• Like 1