2022 4* OG/C Dayne Shor

ellitor

3 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

That is from the novel Dune, by Frank Herbert.  Paul Atreides recites it when the Bene Gesserit tests how he handles pain. If he fails he dies...

This whole thing is a mind game...and there is SO much more I could put into that, but won't here.

I really need to get off my butt and read that book. Especially before the movie comes out. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I really need to get off my butt and read that book. Especially before the movie comes out. 

I’m ashamed to say I’ve never read it either😔. But dammit, if Loof can find time to do it then I resolve to

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’m ashamed to say I’ve never read it either😔. But dammit, if Loof can find time to do it then I resolve to

"It's so easy, even Loof can do it!"

With friends like these...

:nopityA:

• Haha 1

Try the audiobook. I downloaded the newer version that has voice actors doing some of the dialogue in certain chapters. It’s excellent. I’ve read it before of course but I sometimes like to listen to it in the background while doing things. 

The Reverend Mother scene is one of the highlights of the Lynch movie and hopefully will be in this one. The one in the mini series was a tad weak IMO. They need to nail it to set the tone of the story and from the trailer, it looks awesome. Just realized the other day that Mohaiam in this movie is the same actress who played Dr Pinderschloss/Fester’s “mother” in the Addams Family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dune was and is a Science Fiction classic. I read it and many of Frank Herbert's books years ago. All of his books are tough to get into initially but after a while you are hooked and can't stop reading. 

15 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

It’s entirely possible that the coaches sniffed out another game-playing Foster/Evans flip to UA at the last minute and told Shor he wasn’t wanted.  

That was actually my first thought when I saw that he'd committed to Bama. No clue if it is the least bit accurate, but still.

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Dune was and is a Science Fiction classic. I read it and many of Frank Herbert's books years ago. All of his books are tough to get into initially but after a while you are hooked and can't stop reading. 

Guess I might have to look into it...though I usually tend to put down the ones that don't grab me pretty quickly (like The Hobbit), so I don't know if it'd be worth buying the book.

Actually, now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure my father has read some of Herbert's work. Maybe he still has a copy of Dune.

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Why read anything if there's a perfectly good movie you can watch?"

- @fredst, probably

Just got back from Boss Baby Two with the granddaughter! 😝 Don’t think it’s in book form yet.

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

"Why read anything if there's a perfectly good movie you can watch?"

- @fredst, probably

I do like good film and theater. However, only films/videos that I can think of that are near the equal of good books would be the BBC mini-series of “Pride and Prejudice” and “Tinker, Tailor,Soldier,Spy”. As far as movies, “No Country For Old Men” approached the greatness of Cormack McCarthy’s book and “The Godfather” is probably better than Mario Puzo’s book. I would be hard pressed to think of many other films that are the equal of a good book. What are your choices?

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, fredst said:

I do like good film and theater. However, only films/videos that I can think of that are near the equal of good books would be the BBC mini-series of “Pride and Prejudice” and “Tinker, Tailor,Soldier,Spy”. As far as movies, “No Country For Old Men” approached the greatness of Cormack McCarthy’s book and “The Godfather” is probably better than Mario Puzo’s book. I would be hard pressed to think of many other films that are the equal of a good book. What are your choices?

What you don't think Major League movie is better then the book??????????????????????????? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What you don't think Major League movie is better then the book??????????????????????????? 

Lol. I was thinking you would go “Dead Solid Perfect”. Damn I love me some Dan Jenkins. Saw this published after his death and it makes me laugh every time (excuse the language)

17476F63-4DAE-4D82-A14C-827D2855DF31.jpeg

Edited by fredst
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, fredst said:

I can't read, I just look at the pictures

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fredst said:

Lol. I was thinking you would go “Dead Solid Perfect”. Damn I love me some Dan Jenkins. Saw this published after his death and it makes me laugh every time (excuse the language)

17476F63-4DAE-4D82-A14C-827D2855DF31.jpeg

Love Jenkins but golf movies are hard to do and seldon very good. Baseball movies are much better more sentimentally involved

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I can't read, I just look at the pictures

We know WDE and I do feel for you...just sad really hang in there buddy

Just now, augolf1716 said:

We know WDE and I do feel for you...just sad really hang in there buddy

I have to get my wife to help with these message boards.

BTW, She really dislikes you, Golf. She doesn't even tell me half the stuff you say, says it's bad for my virgin ears

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Love Jenkins but golf movies are hard to do and seldon very good. Baseball movies are much better more sentimentally involved

Agree. They are hokey but I still love “”The Natural” and “Field of Dreams”. Lots of good baseball movies out there….

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I have to get my wife to help with these message boards.

BTW, She really dislikes you, Golf. She doesn't even tell me half the stuff you say, says it's bad for my virgin ears

Bless your heart........as for your wife smart lady to dislike me

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Aren’t they all??

I need to introduce you to my sister-in-law...

• Haha 4