2022 4* OG/C Dayne Shor

ellitor

He put Auburn in there and apparently we will not even call him back

16 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He put Auburn in there and apparently we will not even call him back

Yeah. From what I gather from informed people this seems to be some kind of petiness from his dad.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@W.E.D Just remember most offers aren't committable. Most are a way to get the foot in the door for staffs to get to know better & get a closer look. To get a committable offer from most of the schools he's going to have to respond well this season coming off the shoulder injury.

Being at IMG helps too!

• Like 1

I think most of us understand why he doesn't have a committable offer. A few of us don't understand why someone on staff can't call and explain to the kid that he will have to show that he has recovered to SEC level OL talent and ability, adding that we are pulling for him. Who knows? Maybe someone has called. But if that's the way it's done (putting someone on the do not call list) by everyone else, so be it. Kid will get over it and hopefully be successful somewhere.

• Like 1

A blue chip recruit should do a series of videos like a reality show.  Start with a top 30, and eliminate one at a time until he proposes to the winner.   Each episode could include coaches awkwardly dancing, strong a— offers, BBQs, etc.  It would be so much fun!!!!

(sarcasm font)   I’m not a fan of the recruiting circus.  

• Haha 2

So I guess I missed it:  why did this guy fall out of favor with Auburn?

I suspect the new staff just doesn't have him on their board?  Is that the gist of it?

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

So I guess I missed it:  why did this guy fall out of favor with Auburn?

I suspect the new staff just doesn't have him on their board?  Is that the gist of it?

@BeakerNew staff sees him as an interior OL (thus the thread title change) as do most schools & we have a good number of interior OL higher on our board.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 11:17 AM, ellitor said:

@BeakerNew staff sees him as an interior OL (thus the thread title change) as do most schools & we have a good number of interior OL higher on our board.

Anything to him still being injured?  Shoulder or something?

8 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Anything to him still being injured?  Shoulder or something?

@The Plainsman Not sure if still injured but his shoulder injury did force him to miss all of his JR season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, ellitor said:

This is incorrect. 

On 3/1/2021 at 10:51 AM, autan said:

I think most of us understand why he doesn't have a committable offer. A few of us don't understand why someone on staff can't call and explain to the kid that he will have to show that he has recovered to SEC level OL talent and ability, adding that we are pulling for him. Who knows? Maybe someone has called. But if that's the way it's done (putting someone on the do not call list) by everyone else, so be it. Kid will get over it and hopefully be successful somewhere.

Many of my offers are committable.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 12:17 PM, ellitor said:

This is incorrect. 

Welcome to the board @Dayne Shor.  I forewarn you that many people on here are "fans", which we all know is short for fanatics.  So please don't let them get under your skin to much.  Take it with the grain of salt that is in the ocean.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dayne Shor said:

This is incorrect. 

Good to know and @LKEEL75gave you some solid advice.   Real Solid.

And some are just old, grumpy men and women, but we absolutely love Auburn because it changed us, forever. 

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dayne Shor said:

Many of my offers are committable.

I apologize Dayne. I know you have committable offers. I meant not one from Auburn right now as I understand it. I hope that changes and I wish the best for you and appreciate your comments.

6 minutes ago, Dayne Shor said:

No worries! I have a virtual tour with Auburn coming up pretty shortly! Looking forward to that!

Hope you enjoy it.  One thing you will find is that most everyone on here LOVE AU and can't wait for big time recruits, like you, to experience it.  Be sure to come back and give us your thoughts.  I would like to hear how they do the virtual tour because a lot of the love for AU is about the experience of being there.  I hope that gets portrayed virtually at least to some level.

• Like 2

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Hope you enjoy it.  One thing you will find is that most everyone on here LOVE AU and can't wait for big time recruits, like you, to experience it.  Be sure to come back and give us your thoughts.  I would like to hear how they do the virtual tour because a lot of the love for AU is about the experience of being there.  I hope that gets portrayed virtually at least to some level.

@Dayne Shor  Yes - please return after your tour and share your thoughts.   I sure hope they show you the new video of the athletic complex they are starting to build!!!  

Also,  hope you can catch the open practices and upcoming A Day.  All campuses have glitz and glamour, but when you visit and walk around and talk with strangers, you get a real sense of the community and how genuine things are.  

Pop back on and  best of luck to you.  

War Eagle!

16 minutes ago, Dayne Shor said:

No worries! I have a virtual tour with Auburn coming up pretty shortly! Looking forward to that!

Welcome to the forum Dayne!  Happy to have you on here.  Many of us are big fans of yours.  As a few said above, we would love to hear your thoughts.  War Eagle!

I'm not sure @Dayne Shor is a good source.  I much prefer grandma's uncle's cousins friend that just got out of prison as my sources.  Just sayin...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dayne Shor said:

Not sure if troll or not.... but if this is real Dayne... I very much hope you play for Auburn good sir.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dayne Shor said:

WDE Dayne. But for your own sanity I would suggest not reading message boards. It can only do you harm.

29 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

WDE Dayne. But for your own sanity I would suggest not reading message boards. It can only do you harm.

Yep @Dayne Shormessage boards definitely somewhere you don’t want to be. And that’s for every fan base

• Like 1

Dayne - we would love to know your perspective of the recruiting process after your virtual visit. How does Auburn’s sales pitch stack up to other teams? How does Auburn’s facilities stack up to other teams?