Here's what I don't get

TigerHorn

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Tone is different, but the message is right on brand. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lionheart 2.0 lol. 

Y’all givin me too much credit stop. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Amwest20 said:

Y’all givin me too much credit stop. 

Lion was a good dude. So no shade there. 

I don't think anything you are saying is outrageous, either. Healthy disagreement is a good thing, and you seem to have a good attitude about it.

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Lion was a good dude. So no shade there. 

I don't think anything you are saying is outrageous, either. Healthy disagreement is a good thing, and you seem to have a good attitude about it.

Thanks bro

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I will say lion heart did seem sincere and was a lot less trollish. We had some very gold debates. 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I will say lion heart did seem sincere and was a lot less trollish. We had some very gold debates. 

No doubt! I hate that he left, honestly. His health wasn't in great shape, so I hope he's doing well wherever he is. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Point out the trolling behavior you speak of.  

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt! I hate that he left, honestly. His health wasn't in great shape, so I hope he's doing well wherever he is. 

Dang that sucks . I miss AU64 too. Haven’t seen him in a minute 

As an Auburn guy, I’m gonna own the fact that we’ve been gifted 1 game and possibly 2.  The Shivers muff happened in spite of O & B glasses. Should have been an OM TD. Doesn’t mean we would have eventually lost, but it happened. Now, the holding on Tanks KO return was BS so I’ll agree that WAS a wash even though I disagreed yesterday in a thread. He was on the other side of the field and yards behind Tank. The ref should have held the flag. But here’s my point in owning it; don’t pretend we’re even an average SEC team right now. A W doesn’t mean we were/are  better than Arky right now. No corners have been turned yet., and Gus’ history gives me no reason to believe there will be any.

9 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

As an Auburn guy, I’m gonna own the fact that we’ve been gifted 1 game and possibly 2.  The Shivers muff happened in spite of O & B glasses. Should have been an OM TD. Doesn’t mean we would have eventually lost, but it happened. Now, the holding on Tanks KO return was BS so I’ll agree that WAS a wash even though I disagreed yesterday in a thread. He was on the other side of the field and yards behind Tank. The ref should have held the flag. But here’s my point in owning it; don’t pretend we’re even an average SEC team right now. A W doesn’t mean we were/are  better than Arky right now. No corners have been turned yet., and Gus’ history gives me no reason to believe there will be any.

I can live with that.

This is a weird year to say the least, and Auburn has looked awful on defense. However, we are 3rd in scoring defense behind Georgia and Kentucky, and the only team to not give up over 30 points. Maybe it’s not quite as bad as some see it. The offense has also improved their overall performance- minus the 3 interceptions they’ve gotten better the last two games rushing the ball and Bo was the game manager he should have been against Mississippi. We’ll see what happens Saturday and hopefully they both take a step forward. Here’s hoping 🤞 

8 hours ago, metafour said:

The easy answer is that Alabama is a good team and thus it is expected that "the ball bouncing their way" is a deserved outcome.

When you are a bad team like we are; having blatant missed calls go your way just feels cheap and undeserved. Do these wins feel like good wins to you? Having to rely on freak plays to barely squeak past other bad teams?  It seems more so that we are being rewarded by "luck" for absolutely nothing that is deserved. 

That is the difference.

I dont see it that way. I dont like these wins any more than you do because of sqeaking by bad competition. But frankly, Arkansas and Ole Miss wouldve won the games against us on cheap undeserved luck plays they didnt earn had we not gotten the call. How are you guys not seeing that?

9 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I don’t think Florida should be ranked behind us, but after watching LSU destroy the team that beat us I’m not sure how it is that you have LSU ranked behind us based solely off of wins and losses. Teams get better as the season progresses and LSU’s green players are starting to get their legs under them. They are playing as a much better team than we are.

I'd have them ranked behind us based on their losses to MSU and Mizzou. Their green players are only two weeks past losing to Missouri. They've had one good game since then. AU is getting better too, though some people don't want to admit it.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd have them ranked behind us based on their losses to MSU and Mizzou. Their green players are only two weeks past losing to Missouri. They've had one good game since then. AU is getting better too, though some people don't want to admit it.

tenor-1.gif

To Gus's defenders here, much of our current frustration is driven by how badly our recruiting currently is. Covid or not, we should not be getting boat raced by our main rivals in recruiting. I don't expect us to actually surpass them, but we should generally be in the neighborhood of the top 10 each year, ESPECIALLY on the lines. If Gus finishes out his contract, well, the mess Norvell is dealing with at FSU might soon be ours.

13 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I was told that 'tone' couldn't be detected in a written message by someone who could absolutely generate it in one. 🤣

11 hours ago, twilli13 said:

I dont see it that way. I dont like these wins any more than you do because of sqeaking by bad competition. But frankly, Arkansas and Ole Miss wouldve won the games against us on cheap undeserved luck plays they didnt earn had we not gotten the call. How are you guys not seeing that?

Because some of us can be objective?:dunno:

And what 'cheap undeserved luck plays' are you referring to? 

8 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

When you referred to 'tone' previously, I assumed you were referencing the 'tone' of a message...

Yeah. Who said you couldn't detect tone in the written word? Also can't tell if you are being serious. It's still early...

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

tenor-1.gif

To Gus's defenders here, much of our current frustration is driven by how badly our recruiting currently is. Covid or not, we should not be getting boat raced by our main rivals in recruiting. I don't expect us to actually surpass them, but we should generally be in the neighborhood of the top 10 each year, ESPECIALLY on the lines. If Gus finishes out his contract, well, the mess Norvell is dealing with at FSU might soon be ours.

Well, the good thing about all of this is this can be put to rest this Saturday! And since we won, I don't have to hear any COVID excuses, so that is a plus.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

MSU undoubtedly played their best game of the season against LSU and Missouri is looking more and more like a team on the rise. For me, one of the biggest indicators is performance against common opponents and LSU destroyed the team that beat us. I say all that to say I hope you’re right. I hope we take care of business this Saturday and continue to improve.

12 hours ago, twilli13 said:

On both plays I saw our player in a better position to get on the ball UNTIL the ref waved off the play and we quit going after the ball.  We likely would have recovered both had the officials not blown both plays dead.  We still would have kicked the FG against Arkansas and we still would have started on the 25 yard line on the drive vs Ole Miss.  Meanwhile, we had a 100 yard TD called back vs KY and a 100 yard TD called back vs Ole Miss on very questionable calls that went against us.  

48 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

On both plays I saw our player in a better position to get on the ball UNTIL the ref waved off the play and we quit going after the ball.  We likely would have recovered both had the officials not blown both plays dead.  We still would have kicked the FG against Arkansas and we still would have started on the 25 yard line on the drive vs Ole Miss.  Meanwhile, we had a 100 yard TD called back vs KY and a 100 yard TD called back vs Ole Miss on very questionable calls that went against us.  

Wrong. As you can clearly see and hear, the refs didn’t wave off the play and blow the whistle until the Ole Miss player clearly recovered the ball. On the Arkansas play, we had players going after the ball, they didn’t slow down because of the refs, it looks more like they weren’t sure if it was a live ball or not. The refs don’t wave it off until the second recovery attempt is being made, in which the Arkansas player clearly recovers the ball. Our player doesn’t appear to be paying attention to the ref:

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah. Who said you couldn't detect tone in the written word? Also can't tell if you are being serious. It's still early...

A former co-worker. I called him out on his tone in one of his emails to me, and he said tone couldn't be conveyed in a written message. I disagreed. I'm not sure where you're confusion came in, but, that's what I was referring to. 

Archived