Post game thread

Randman5000

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Disappointing showing. Alabama blasts Auburn 42-13. 

Wasn't even close. 

And that is good ending to this thread. Lol. Just kidding. 

I've actually stopped caring and watch the games out of a sick sense of morbid curiosity.

If the coaches don't care enough to field a a decent team and the University doesn't care that the program is circling the drain, then why should I care?

Love the forum, though.  Amazes me there are still Malzahn acolytes riding the Pus Bus. 

Just now, auburnphan said:

Game went how we almost all expected but were hoping wouldn’t happen.

Exactly. Sad that it’s gotten to that point. I don’t understand how some can still defend it.

What is sad is 1st half it should have been even closer. Williams has to catch that long ball and with the D we were in on first bama TD Smoke should have stayed deep instead of biting on the move. D-Line played better than I expected DB's got burned multiple times. For those who questioned how good Jones is he made plays both when he had great blocking and when he was under pressure. He steps up in the pocket to help his tackles and he hits receivers in stride. There was a slant in 1st half to Schwartz where he would have gone to the House and Bo had good protection and missed it Jones would have nailed it.

Second half we started out good then melted down.   

That is enough of looking for the good. at the end of the game we finally bring MAR in and he should have been in early when it was obvious Tank couldn't do it. Mar had great acceleration and power and would have helped but stubborn Gus would rather ride an injured horse then play a healthy player. I can understand testing Tank, but early on it was obvious this was not the normal Tank. With the game over and two more games to go keep Nix in was the height of stupidity. We seem to use Schwartz as a possession receiver and don't seem to take advantage of his speed. I have watched Nix for 2 years know he is a decent QB but will never be a great QB. He plays hard and is giving it his all but he can't consistently hit open receivers in stride they have to stop to catch balls sometimes even turn around which means very little yardage after catch. Early on when we ran the swing pass to Stove the DB's would start coming up hard as soon as Bo acted like he was throwing why not pump and have Stove go upfield while DB is running at him we have not done that all year. This week would have been the time to pull out all the stops and do it.

I have been saying Gus will be here next year because of Pandemic and money but after not using Mar, Keeping Bo in where he could get hurt and playing to try and keep score close (failed at it} instead of going for broke to find a way to win he needs to go at end of year.

It's year eight and we're still 0-for in Red Stick, Tuscaloosa, and Athens and most of the losses haven't even been competitive. Get ready for Jimbo to choke us out next week, then we'll beat the clangers, then Gus will just barely hang on... again. We'll hear how it's because he beat the worst LSU team in 20 years and because of covid despite South Carolina and probably Michigan and Texas also firing coaches this year. Round and round we go. 

I never expect to get a wholesale ass whipping . There were chances to make it very competitive. AU did not capitalize on those Chances. UA was put together well.  , they make routine plays and play sound ball. That’s it. Garbage football today boys and girls

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Disappointing showing. Alabama blasts Auburn 42-13. 

Wasn't even close. 

Sadly, these type of games are the norm and will continue to be the norm until major changes take place.  So prepare for at least a few more years of pathetic coaching and watching our poor boys get manhandled without a fair chance.

Recruiting has already gotten much worse.  We can only expect things to go downhill from here.  I expect our PTB to let Gus completely sink this ship and then hire some homer who is way out of his league to try and rebuild from the ash heap he inherited.  (think FSU, UT, etc)😰🤦‍♂️

Hey! We have improved under Gus! We got beat 49-0 in 2012 and only lost 42-13 today!

Started from the bottom now we here!

2 hours ago, auskip07 said:

ole miss played bama the best out of anyone this year  by playing fast.    Why wouldnt we follow what worked so well for ole miss? 

Because you got Gus! Sign him to a life time contract!

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

I have a great idea! Lets hire another high school coach from Arkansas to add to the staff!

Whoa!  Chad is a high school coach from Texas.  Gotta make sure we get these things right.

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

In case you were wondering what Smoke was up to.. He was covering 85. Nice play call by their offensive coordinator. 

Auburn is an easy team to figure out.

its actually probably fun for offensive coordinators to draw up td plays.

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

In case you were wondering what Smoke was up to.. He was covering 85. Nice play call by their offensive coordinator. 

So he was coaching? A violation of the. Rules?

so what arite!

Anyone check to see if sark headphones were a direct link to sabass? Of course not, college football and basketball is so corrupt and perverted with cheating that it really should be shutdown.

you think any teams besides the chosen ones will ever win?

Post game thoughts- I don’t take much away from this game at all. This is the first iron bowl since 2012 that I legitimately thought there was no chance. To me, that’s where the comparison ends though. In the 2012 game, it was more about how bad we were. In this game, it is more about how good Bama was. I felt early on that this was going to be the best offense they’ve ever fielded. Once I saw that their defense, that started off poor, had found its footing, I knew something that makes me gag to admit. Nobody is touching Bama this year. They’ve won every game by double digits, and, since their defense started playing better, they’ve blown out every team. Can’t say I love how we played, but that team is the real deal. I don’t see any team in America even coming within single digits against them this year. 

Was surprised to see Auburn ended up with 347 yards of offense.  While that’s by no means remarkable, in the past when Auburn suffered a bad beat you’d see it closer to the 200 yard mark.  I guess Chad’s influence etc.  While the offense did struggle to finish drives and put meaningful points on the board it was able to string together a couple of decent drives.  Especially early Auburn was controlling time of possession and keeping Bama’s O off the field.  Some what of a bright spot I suppose.

Archived