**** Official Post Game TAMU thread****

GwillMac6

Even if Auburn is lucky enough to beat Miss. State and end up 6-4, 6 wins is not a good enough reason to keep the high school coach.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, im4aual said:

Gus didn't overthrow a wide open Eli or let an interception bounce off his hands at the goal line. Those two plays caused an eleven point swing. Sorry to let reality interrupt your Gus bashing. Continue complaining. 

Go jump off a bridge

3 hours ago, im4aual said:

Gus didn't overthrow a wide open Eli or let an interception bounce off his hands at the goal line. Those two plays caused an eleven point swing. Sorry to let reality interrupt your Gus bashing. Continue complaining. 

And by that thinking Gus wasn't responsible for 500 yds of offense destroying Georgia and 400 yards of offense against Bama in '17 but he sure got rewarded for it, didn't he? The bad goes along with the good and there's not much of the good anymore. 

The Auburn football program is essentially a wounded gunshot patient that has been taken to the Emergency room. The doctors recognize he is injured, know what is wrong and recognize he is bleeding to death.  The hospital and the physician won’t operate because they haven’t received insurance authorization yet because they want to ensure reimbursement. The family is screaming for the physician to save the patients life. 

it is so obvious what needs to happen. It was obvious for the vast majority of even the most loyal last year.  Even though I always recognized his weaknesses, I include myself in the latter group. Gus is an ethical man. He is in over his head(as is much of the staff), but he just can’t admit that and recognize he should move on. A man has to know his limitations, that is a strength not a weakness. He is a good coach, Not an elite coach. It is ok to not be an elite head coach, but that is what Auburn needs and wants. 

gus, please just accept it agree to move on and negotiate a deal. Please, please, please. 

5 hours ago, im4aual said:

Technically you are correct. I even mentioned in a previous post we could have won if we make that interception. But even if we had found a way to win it does not change the fact that our D-Line and LB's got abused all game that A&M put up over 300 yards on the ground and over 500 yards total while we had about 350 yards and were shut out at home in the 4th quarter. That does not change the fact that we got beat by SC and to be honest Arky this year and that KY got screwed on a TD. What is funny at beginning of year I thought if O-Line could play well we had a chance for a really good season. Despite starting 4 new players and then a slew of injuries the O-Line while not great showed signs of becoming solid. If everybody comes back healthy next year we could actually have a solid O-Line with a lot of depth. So hopefully we have a new coach who can take advantage of it.

The right coach can make a difference look at Arky this year. Pittman comes in and with the same weak talent they actually play a whole lot better and this year by Arky standards are recruiting better.

5 hours ago, im4aual said:

I'd like to thank you for the reminder that Gus still hasn't developed a QB.

The one JBoy re-posted with the statistics...👀😲

15 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Even if Auburn is lucky enough to beat Miss. State and end up 6-4, 6 wins is not a good enough reason to keep the high school coach.

according to Boy Wonder Gustave 6-4 is a solid season now that 7-3 is no longer an option, what concerns me is that some of the deep pockets most likely agree with this statement

11 hours ago, tigerrules said:

The Auburn football program is essentially a wounded gunshot patient that has been taken to the Emergency room. The doctors recognize he is injured, know what is wrong and recognize he is bleeding to death.  The hospital and the physician won’t operate because they haven’t received insurance authorization yet because they want to ensure reimbursement. The family is screaming for the physician to save the patients life. 

it is so obvious what needs to happen. It was obvious for the vast majority of even the most loyal last year.  Even though I always recognized his weaknesses, I include myself in the latter group. Gus is an ethical man. He is in over his head(as is much of the staff), but he just can’t admit that and recognize he should move on. A man has to know his limitations, that is a strength not a weakness. He is a good coach, Not an elite coach. It is ok to not be an elite head coach, but that is what Auburn needs and wants. 

gus, please just accept it agree to move on and negotiate a deal. Please, please, please. 

He is an average coach at best in the SEC. He should be a HC in the Sun Belt Conference.

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@Mikey and @abw0004 for starters.

Yes. There aren't many real Auburn-type people left here, so we do stand out in this teapot tempest of crybabies and whiners.

If you want to fire the coach, fine. Start one of those silly "fund me" things and dump your life savings into it. Me, I'll support OUR coach as long as he holds that position. When the next coach comes on board, I'll support him the same way.

In the meantime, all this bellyaching and whining is counter productive.

26 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Don't forget, we really should be 4-5 right now. We lost that game against the Hogs. 

Better look again: Auburn 30, Arkansas 28. That's a win for AU.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes. There aren't many real Auburn-type people left here, so we do stand out in this teapot tempest of crybabies and whiners.

If you want to fire the coach, fine. Start one of those silly "fund me" things and dump your life savings into it. Me, I'll support OUR coach as long as he holds that position. When the next coach comes on board, I'll support him the same way.

Translation...

I Mikey, am morally and intellectually superior to all of you rubes who refuse to support a loser like I do. 

I have to come on this message board and remind you what a bunch of inferior fans you are and virtue signal that I love Auburn more than you do.  No matter how stupid I look at this point...

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

Shouldn’t somebody come here to shame you about this post and remind you of the offensive record setting? Lol, “real Auburn” hall monitors slacking.....

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Better look again: Auburn 30, Arkansas 28. That's a win for AU.

Accepting mediocrity and constantly defending the indefensible is pathetic.

2 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Translation...

I Mikey, am morally and intellectually superior to all of you rubes who refuse to support a loser like I do. 

I have to come on this message board and remind you what a bunch of inferior fans you are and virtue signal that I love Auburn more than you do.  No matter how stupid I look at this point...

At this point , this guy adds nothing credible to the board. I’ve ignored him tbh. Not worth it . 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

At this point , this guy adds nothing credible to the board. I’ve ignored him tbh. Not worth it . 

Good move on your part. We will both be happier.

Good move on your part. We will both be happier.

yeah some folks act like you are fam friends of a sort and next thing you know they are messaging you and telling you to drink bleach. people assume because you are loyal that you do not want better. i admire your support for the team mikey. my heart is broken over auburn right now but i will never give up on the players. and i will never ever pull for our team to lose games so folks can speed up the process of coaching change. and i am not going to attack anyone who feels different than i do concerning auburn unless i am attacked. it is sad some folks on here will pray for a sick dog but refuse to try to lift a man up because he is making too much money. i respect your view on this because you were a coach and you know how things work even if we disagree.

Part of what has transpired on this page also falls on Gwill as well.  As much as he is respected on this board, the last two games when we lost he has found posters to take his anger out on.  Last week it was Friction and myself.  This week, I, nor Mikey, had said anything on this thread or the game thread about our HC and he specifically sought us out.  I have not said one word about Malzahn all season (with the exception of what I said above) and I was accused of pumping him up.  The closest I have gotten was talking about how well Bicknell, Jr. has done with our OL.  Something to consider.

Archived