Sharife is cleared!

TitanTiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Playing vs Bama tomorrow, per Rivals.

I hate to bring people down to earth for a few hours but if you’re talking about something posted by JGT he didn’t say he was cleared. He basically said he thought he would be cleared and expects him to play against Bama tomorrow but did not say he was officially cleared.

• ellitor changed the title to Sharife may be cleared
  • ellitor changed the title to Sharife is cleared!
5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I hate to bring people down to earth for a few hours but if you’re talking about something posted by JGT he didn’t say he was cleared. He basically said he thought he would be cleared and expects him to play against Bama tomorrow but did not say he was officially cleared.

76E6D498-545E-4A72-A684-75382EA05399.gif

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

giphy.gif

All I’m saying is he is expected to be cleared but we likely won’t know for sure until game time tomorrow 11 AM or possibly a little earlier when the basketball team tweets out the starting lineups.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

All I’m saying is he is expected to be cleared but we likely won’t know for sure until game time tomorrow 11 AM or possibly a little earlier when the basketball team tweets out the starting lineups.

I'm just playing with you, man. :)

It's absolutely asinine he wasn't able to play from the get go..

Our record definitely reflects him being out (I think with him we're 9-2 worst case), but at the same time we learned a lot about our team and the rest of the players on our roster. Given the post-season ban, him being out the first 11 games won't technically cost us anything. We have a ton of talent on this roster. We will strengthen the inside next season with Jabari and add more shooting and athleticism on the wing with Trey. I am hoping Cooper ends up staying next season as well.

I'm going to continue to enjoy watching the growth of this team, but I'll be honest, next season is going to be insanely awesome!

image.gif.6e759a09cd3fa59bf1a7db464e348dcd.gif

Coop’s sister 

25 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I'm taking this as official

🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

I see a lot of what I'd call unrealistic expectations on this board. This will be Cooper's first game playing with a college team. It will take some time for them to get it together. We'll be a lot better in the long run but we should all expect it to take some time.

My expectations are not too high. We won't be a great team today or next week. But with all of the pieces finally in place we get to watch CBP mold this team into next year's team. CBP is playing chess. He sees the progression that this year's players need to make so that we can start to be a perennial contender starting next year. I love to watch AU win, but it is also very satisfying to watch CBP create greatness even while we are getting whipped.

16 minutes ago, Grumps said:

My expectations are not too high. We won't be a great team today or next week. But with all of the pieces finally in place we get to watch CBP mold this team into next year's team. CBP is playing chess. He sees the progression that this year's players need to make so that we can start to be a perennial contender starting next year. I love to watch AU win, but it is also very satisfying to watch CBP create greatness even while we are getting whipped.

This x1000 Sharife being cleared this year just means he can get in some work and adjst to the college game and then next season we are already set up to dominate. Having Sharife cleared now does not automatically make us a top 10 or even top 25 team (i don't think lol) but now we don't have to scramble to find a PG that can run our team next season. 

It would be nice to see Powell play along side him today as well but if i have to wait a bit longer for that then so be it. I was losing hope of ever seeing Sharife play period. 

On Loop

This is awesome news and will certainly make a difference. Let’s not get carried away in thinking we will be world beaters right away, though. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I see a lot of what I'd call unrealistic expectations on this board. This will be Cooper's first game playing with a college team. It will take some time for them to get it together. We'll be a lot better in the long run but we should all expect it to take some time.

This is a necessary step toward Auburn basketball being what it was expect to start becoming this season. It will certainly take time for him to mesh with the guys completely, but he's already been practicing with them some, and let us not forget: he's the only true point guard on the team. It's difficult to believe we won't be better with him on the floor from the moment he steps upon it.

But don't let me stop you from being a contrarian. You seem to like that kind of thing.

Archived