2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!

Paladin

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Ours isn’t as good as THE Doe’s, but it’s fine nonetheless. Great bourbon selection as well.

*record scratch*

They... they got them good bourbies, too???

If anyone needs me, I'll be feeding my PTO balance into the vacation simulator for scenario testing.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

@McLoofusnegative on the sauce. However, it’s been a minute since I have partaken of his steak. He may well do some type of sauce now.

We’ve talked about Doe’s steakhouse before, no? They opened one here several years ago and good got almighty, marinated steak(I know...I know) and fresh cut fries? Palms are sweaty, knees weak...

Doe’s originated in my hometown— Greenville, Mississippi. I grew up playing baseball with the owner’s son/grandson, Sevi Signa. Haven’t been back down there in a while, but next time I do, you better believe I’ll be eating at Doe’s. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

and I thought I knew you guys...

ostrich burgers?   Who eats ostrich when cows still are on planet Earth?  Voted off the island. 

Whataburger - THE hands down #1 fast food burger, "just like you like it."   

gourmet burgers?    

smoked steak with a reverse sear?   Yes, yes, and more yes.  That is my #1 meal from my smoker.   Well, I do pulled pork pretty well too.  But smoked steak might make me legendary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

ostrich burgers?   Who eats ostrich when cows still are on planet Earth?  Voted off the island. 

I’m so ashamed that I mentioned this😔I’m an unbridled carnivore so I’m willing to try and have had but would never preferentially go for an ostrich over a cow. Please let me stay on the island...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I love this thread...

I agree.................man that Gordon kid is good with burger, steaks and seafood.................can't get enough

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2021 at 9:32 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

Doe’s originated in my hometown— Greenville, Mississippi. I grew up playing baseball with the owner’s son/grandson, Sevi Signa. Haven’t been back down there in a while, but next time I do, you better believe I’ll be eating at Doe’s. 

I’ll get the details jumbled, but Morgan Freeman bought the majority stake in the franchise part of the business. That’s when they really started branching out. Your spot in Greenville is still the best place they have hands down. 

Edited by mcgufcm
  • Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 8:50 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

I apologize I am usually the one who tries to get a thread back on the player when it has been derailed but this time I jumped in. This should have been in a different forum area.

Why apologize? After several pages of burger talk, a hard working immigrant who makes good burgers was spot on topic, as was your commentary.

Don't know about Powell but I've put on a few pounds just trying to keep up with this thread.

• Haha 2

On 4/1/2021 at 11:35 AM, fredst said:

I’m so ashamed that I mentioned this😔I’m an unbridled carnivore so I’m willing to try and have had but would never preferentially go for an ostrich over a cow. Please let me stay on the island...

Actually, ostrich is considered poultry, but an ostrich filet is tenderer than a beef filet. It is lower in fat than chicken and turkey.

If you ever get to Colorado, in Denver, there is a restaurant called Buckhorn Exchange. It is the oldest restauarant west of the Mississippi River. It has wild game but off menu you can ask for ostrich, and it tastes so good as a burger...

p.s. if Powell decommits its going to be bc we forgot him and zoned in on our hamburger desires...:)

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

if Powell decommits its going to be bc we forgot him and zoned in on our hamburger desires...:)

We should all be so lucky to have our names associated with good burger talk. Maybe his career will be so great that he’ll have an eponymous burger (or, better yet, a Momma G’s sandwich) 😛

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Actually, ostrich is considered poultry, but an ostrich filet is tenderer than a beef filet. It is lower in fat than chicken and turkey.

If you ever get to Colorado, in Denver, there is a restaurant called Buckhorn Exchange. It is the oldest restauarant west of the Mississippi River. It has wild game but off menu you can ask for ostrich, and it tastes so good as a burger...

p.s. if Powell decommits its going to be bc we forgot him and zoned in on our hamburger desires...:)

Been there (years ago.)  Didn't try the ostrich but I had the Buffaloe steak -- flat out awesome.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Been there (years ago.)  Didn't try the ostrich but I had the Buffaloe steak -- flat out awesome.  

Yes, that steak is good too. And their homemade Navy bean soup with ham is fantastic, too. Got their recipe and cook it every fall/winter. 

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Yes, that steak is good too. And their homemade Navy bean soup with ham is fantastic, too. Got their recipe and cook it every fall/winter. 

Judge Smails "Well, We're waiting" animated gif

I LOVE a good navy bean and ham soup. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

lol...ok ok...

Here is a link to the recipe that references the Buckhorn Exchange soup recipe. Enjoy...and it tastes even better the 2nd time...

https://geokatgirl.wordpress.com/2010/11/22/buckhorn-exchange-bean-soup/

Ohhhh, yes sir. Yes sir, indeed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Judge Smails "Well, We're waiting" animated gif

I LOVE a good navy bean and ham soup. 

With some cornbread to sop up...yum!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

My tips on the  basics of a filet sauce.

musts:  cast iron skillet

let steaks get to room temperature seasoned with salt and fresh cracked pepper.

lightly oil skillet and cook steak to medium rare at most.  Remove steaks and dome foil to keep warm or hold in oven.

sautee sliced mushrooms(fresh not canned in skillet with juices). Add freshly minced garlic then Boursin cheese and whipping cream.   Reduce.  Can finish with chives or parsley.   (Boursin comes in different flavors so be creative). Also add any of those steak juices on the plate from holding!!

If you can find La Roule, it is the way to go, but Boursin is a great substitute and easier to find.

this savory sauce still allows the steak to shine and pairs with most starches and vegetables and mopping with a dinner roll.

Also whip together horseradish, Parmesan and cream cheese and try on a ribeye.  Can mix in any herbs if u wish.

Edited by auburnphan
  • Love 2

I have been hooked on cream cheese and burgers!!!!

Started with wanting to create a jalapeño popper into burger, my latest one is a Dilly burger with dill cream cheese and spicy deep fried pickles.  

My Baconess has been a menu main stay for years.  Bacon Aioli, Bacon and Onion Jam, Bacon,  1/3 ground chuck patty, lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun.

44 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I have been hooked on cream cheese and burgers!!!!

Started with wanting to create a jalapeño popper into burger, my latest one is a Dilly burger with dill cream cheese and spicy deep fried pickles.  

My Baconess has been a menu main stay for years.  Bacon Aioli, Bacon and Onion Jam, Bacon,  1/3 ground chuck patty, lettuce and tomato on a brioche bun.

Crowd Cheering GIF - Crowd Cheering GIFs | Gif, Cool gifs, Crowd

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I will definitely have to try that. I am a huge fan of bacon anything.