2022 3* LB Powell Gordon Commits To AU!

Paladin

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I can see him adding 10-20 pounds and playing inside LB, and turning out similar to Kuechley was for Carolina...

Otherway, he has the motor and head hunting personality that goes a long way to being a major contributor. 

He's got good height and that helps a lot for building strength. 6/3"...

Haha let's not compare him to literally one of the best LBs in the last few decades. That's a but much.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Our next J.Hunter type impact player. 

We're going to lose a lot at LB after this year. But I don't see him being anynwhere near physically ready to be a co-starter LB on defense. Hunter is physically ready and Powell looks like a college WR right now. He needs a year or two

Assuming you mean 3 star impact player as a freshman. 

Edited by W.E.D

30 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We're going to lose a lot at LB after this year. But I don't see him being anynwhere near physically ready to be a co-starter LB on defense. Hunter is physically ready and Powell looks like a college WR right now. He needs a year or two

Assuming you mean 3 star impact player as a freshman. 

I mean a 3 star who people looked over and assumed he won’t  amount to anything. Most people didn’t even think J. Hunter could make it at this level as a RB, let alone have any impact as a freshman. That’s why I don’t assume a lot based on stars. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

I mean a 3 star who people looked over and assumed he won’t  amount to anything. Most people didn’t even think J. Hunter could make it at this level as a RB, let alone have any impact as a freshman. That’s why I don’t assume a lot based on stars. 

OK yeah,  I thought you meant next year. Definitely changed my tune on him. As long as he can add good weight he should be solid.

Hunters film always looked good. I think Powells film looks better than his Jr year film

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

OK yeah,  I thought you meant next year. Definitely changed my tune on him. As long as he can add good weight he should be solid.

Hunters film always looked good. I think Powells film looks better than his Jr year film

He could make an impact next year.  Whose to say he can’t come in and make some quality plays next year? He comes in, gets in the weight room, keeps that high motor and play discipline ball, then he absolutely has some opportunity to get some PT next year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

He could make an impact next year.  Whose to say he can’t come in and make some quality plays next year? He comes in, gets in the weight room, keeps that high motor and play discipline ball, then he absolutely has some opportunity to get some PT next year. 

He could, sure. Just bc I have an opinion or a view or a thought doesn't mean it's facts. Just discussing a player

Just now, W.E.D said:

He could, sure. Just bc I have an opinion or a view or a thought doesn't mean it's facts. Just discussing a player

Right and I am asking you why couldn’t he play because you seem to make umbrage in that distinction of what I am saying ? Lol. My point has been the same, going back to J. Hunter example. I think most people got it the first time but cool.  

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right and I am asking you why couldn’t he play because you seem to make umbrage in that distinction of what I am saying ? Lol. My point has been the same, going back to J. Hunter example. I think most people got it the first time but cool.  

No one is taking offense or annoyance to anything. Ppl just talking here. Damn lol

I'm not basing anything on stars. I'm basing it on his film and size. I think he'll be a contributor down the road.  That's the case with the vast majority of freshman.

Just now, W.E.D said:

No one is taking offense or annoyance to anything. Ppl just talking here. Damn lol

I'm not basing anything on stars. I'm basing it on his film and size. I think he'll be a contributor down the road.  That's the case with the vast majority of freshman.

Dog you just argue all day. My statement was legitimately about a 3 star guy having an impact at Auburn who seemingly was under the radar. There is really no reason to have an opposing view on that statement unless you are just looking to be a contrarian. It’s context to the message man. Nowhere in my initial compliment is there a sense of trying to figure out whether he would have an impact next year or three years from now. That’s why I didn’t understand why I needed to even clarify a compliment. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Dog you just argue all day

Just bc i don't agree exactly with you and try to have a basic conversation doesn't mean I'm posting just to argue with you. 

Jesus, I wasn't aware ppl can't talk here especially when we were both talking about his projection 2-3 posts apart

Edited by W.E.D

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

. My statement was legitimately about a 3 star guy having an impact at Auburn who seemingly was under the radar. There is really no reason to have an opposing view on that statement unless you are just looking to be a contrarian. 

If I don't agree on a specific player have an impact his TrFr year, then that's not contrarian.

I also literally posted right before my view that he'd be a contributor 2-3 years down the road...so it isn't contrarian as my view was already specifically laid out...

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I was pretty yard in him when he committed. He played well last night. He looks undersized as a true edge player and is a guy who probably needs 2-3 years to develop his body.  Seems pretty quick and fluid and should be a good LB for us

Beat Ole Miss! Something we can agree on.

Also. We both like Powell, you just have a faster impact view than me. So it's all good

Just now, W.E.D said:

If I don't agree on a specific player have an impact his TrFr year, then that's not contrarian.

I also literally posted right before my view that he'd be a contributor 2-3 years down the road...so it isn't contrarian as my view was already specifically laid out...

Beat Ole Miss! Something we can agree on.

Also. We both like Powell, you just have a faster impact view than me. So it's all good

Yes I saw that and passed by it for a reason. It has nothing to do with my statement . Situation awareness. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yes I saw that and passed by it for a reason. It has nothing to do with my statement . Situation awareness. 

Lol

K

What makes me more impressed of this kid is just his technique. It’s honestly amazing that he gave a 5 star stud all he wanted and more. It’s even more impressive that this coaching staff jumped on him early. This is very tommy tuberville like. I am big on these high IQ, discipline players. I think this needs to be a point of emphasis for this defense in the upcoming years. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Look at Zakoby, he’s like the smallest guy on our defense and arguably our best defender. Size don’t mean that much if you can play 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

What makes me more impressed of this kid is just his technique. It’s honestly amazing that he gave a 5 star stud all he wanted and more. It’s even more impressive that this coaching staff jumped on him early. This is very tommy tuberville like. I am big on these high IQ, discipline players. I think this needs to be a point of emphasis for this defense in the upcoming years. 

He reminds me of TJ Watt . 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DAG said:

This. Multiple people immediately crapped on the commitment because of his star rating without looking at his film. He may never do anything at AU but the dude looks like a player to me. If nothing else he looks like he has potential to be a special teams warrior like maybe Craig Sanders

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fredst said:

to be a special teams warrior like maybe Craig Sanders

Excuse me Craig was no stickin 3 star..............................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, fredst said:

This. Multiple people immediately crapped on the commitment because of his star rating without looking at his film. He may never do anything at AU but the dude looks like a player to me. If nothing else he looks like he has potential to be a special teams warrior like maybe Craig Sanders

I think most people who are underselling him are sticking him in the Jake Holland mold. They'll be surprised.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I think most people who are underselling him are sticking him in the Jake Holland mold. They'll be surprised.

Agree. Jake tried real hard but just didn’t have the athleticism. I think this guy does but I guess we’ll find out

There was only one person that was really preoccupied with the recruiting ranking as far as I remember. That person has already eaten their crow. Pretty sure everyone is on board now. 

And I think most of us also agree at this point that the recruiting services have Five Guys ranked a little too high.

• Haha 3