Softball vs Missouri - Game 3

Auburn tries to salvage at least one game in the series and not get swept. Starting out 0-6 in SEC play would be brutal. Shelby starting again because Penta has a tightness in her arm. 0-0 with no hits for either team thru 2.5 innings. 

33 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Final AU 3-0 Lowe pitched a hell of a game and we actually got some hits

TODAY IP H R ER BB K 2B 3B HR BF PC
  7 5 0 0 0 11 1 0 0 25 96

I'm glad for the girls, but 3 runs is not an offensive juggernaut.

We still seem to have to keep the other team to 2 runs or less to win.

But hey, the ladies are now 1 up on the guys baseball team. :)

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Final AU 3-0 Lowe pitched a hell of a game and we actually got some hits

TODAY IP H R ER BB K 2B 3B HR BF PC
  7 5 0 0 0 11 1 0 0 25 96

Wow only 96 pitches through 7.

If Shelby can stay healthy and Maddie can get healthy, our girls can still make some noise in the SEC. It's still a shame our pitchers have to hurl a near perfect game every time out to have a chance. Defense is good enough to compete against anyone, but offense is not there yet. WAR EAGLE players and coaches!!

• WarTiger changed the title to Softball vs Missouri - Game 3

Happy for the girls to get their first SEC win.  Crossing that hurdle may be a big confidence boost.  Lowe continues to dazzle in the circle.  The sub of Koepke for Garcia at third is interesting.  Did Garcia play at all in this series?  She is hitting .333; maybe Koepke is considered the better fielder.  I thought I remembered from last year, though, that Koepke booted a few at second, resulting in McCondichie's replacing her.  Anyway, good on her for today.

3 hours ago, autan said:

If Shelby can stay healthy and Maddie can get healthy, our girls can still make some noise in the SEC. It's still a shame our pitchers have to hurl a near perfect game every time out to have a chance. Defense is good enough to compete against anyone, but offense is not there yet. WAR EAGLE players and coaches!!

Shelby has proven herself and deserves the time she is getting. Penta has given up 11 earned runs in 3 games to FSU and Alabama. Florida State player's shot right back at Penta on 2  different at bats seems to have rattled her. She needs more than a fastball or power pitching..... she needs to work the zone up, down, and side to side.... Think that we will be seeing a lot more  KK and Yarbrough... Garcia needs to be in the lineup hitting as well as Koepka. Some players have not produced and we keep going back to them.... 

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Happy for the girls to get their first SEC win.  Crossing that hurdle may be a big confidence boost.  Lowe continues to dazzle in the circle.  The sub of Koepke for Garcia at third is interesting.  Did Garcia play at all in this series?  She is hitting .333; maybe Koepke is considered the better fielder.  I thought I remembered from last year, though, that Koepke booted a few at second, resulting in McCondichie's replacing her.  Anyway, good on her for today.

Garcia started Game 1 on Friday and was 0-3 with 3 k’s before Koepke replaced her during the game. 

Godwin was also 0-3 with 3 k’s batting right in front of Garcia, which resulted in Tissier starting Game 2. 

Thanks for that info.  On a more critical note, baserunning mistakes cost us at least two outs.  We also lost two pop flies in the sun.  Do those sunglasses do any good?   Dowell had none, and Packer's were up on her cap.  Maybe they still lose the ball in the sun, I dunno; but why take them out there on your cap?  Can't possibly get them on after the ball is hit, can you?

16 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

And looking back at the schedule, Garcia has struggled and not done much at the plate, and seems to be striking out more. It could be Dean just gave her some time off and Koepke has not stricken out yet so he gave her some at bats. 

And according to stats Garcia is leading the team in errors. Just some stats to maybe give some clarity.

I also think the coaches look at trends...

I have been and am a Garcia fan but I remember her last at bat in the 1st Missouri game her body language and facial expression seemed to imply a lack of confidence.  

Archived