GOP Media Star Rep. Matt Gaetz Now Says He and His Father were WORKING WITH the FBI to help Bust a Sex Ring! Says His Father is Wearing an FBI Wire; Says Former DOJ Guy is Extorting him for $25 million; Tries to get Tucker Carlson to come to his Defense!

CoffeeTiger

4 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

The truly funny thing here is that if his last name were Kennedy, Clinton, Cuomo, or Biden most of the people making posts here would never visit this thread. 

I, for the record, criticized the Republican Dirtbags AND the Democrat Dirtbags.

So lets compare Cuomo specifically since that is the most recent and relevant comparison on the Democrats side:  We have a host of Democratic congressional legislators demanded that Cuomo resign even before the completion of a formal investigation. Here's a full long list of the many democrats who are demanding his ouster (https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/everyone-calling-for-cuomo-resign.html)

So with Matt Gatz, despite it being known that he isn't popular within the Republican party and a lot of people seem to outright don't want to be associated with him before all this came out, who exactly in the GOP has come out with any strong language against him so far? 

Senate GOP House leader Kevin McCarthy has said he wants to see the investigation play out, but that he wont remove Gatz from committee assignments in the meantime. 

Taylor-Greene the popular GOP QCumber has outright came out in support of Gatz full throttle. Another GOPer accused of supporting sexual misconduct, Jim Jordan, is also publicly supporting Gatz, but Few if any Republicans are actually voicing out against Gatz as it appears.

Not a great look when you have more GOPers defending Gatz instead of publicly voicing concerns or coming out against him. Majority of the GOP seems to just feel the best thing to do is keep quiet and pretend nothing is happening.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How long did it take for the NY Dems to call for Cuomo to resign?  Give it time as more facts come out.

didn't take long after the first couple of allegations of inappropriate contact or crude talking came out.

Gatze has been under investigation for a period of time for actual sex trafficking underaged girls to have sex with. 

I know most Republicans will pretend like the Cuomo and Gatz situations are apples to apples comparison, but one is klooking at being fired, the other is looking at hardcore federal prison. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

didn't take long after the first couple of allegations of inappropriate contact or crude talking came out.

Gatze has been under investigation for a period of time for actual sex trafficking underaged girls to have sex with. 

I know most Republicans will pretend like the Cuomo and Gatz situations are apples to apples comparison, but one is klooking at being fired, the other is looking at hardcore federal prison. 

The public has just learned of Gaetz’s allegations so it will take time to sort it out.  I would think we should hear something soon.

The Cuomo sex allegations are a byproduct of the Dems not wanting to throw Andy under the bus for the way he handled the nursing homes during the initial rage of the Coronavirus.  The sex allegations amount to a diversion, nothing more.  This is way Cuomo refused to step down. 

If Gaetz is guilty he should face jail time.  If Cuomo is guilty of forcing COVID positive patients into nursing homes he will not face jail time.  You’re right, its not apples to alpples.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The public has just learned of Gaetz’s allegations so it will take time to sort it out.  I would think we should hear something soon.

The Cuomo sex allegations are a byproduct of the Dems not wanting to throw Andy under the bus for the way he handled the nursing homes during the initial rage of the Coronavirus.  The sex allegations amount to a diversion, nothing more.  This is way Cuomo refused to step down. 

If Gaetz is guilty he should face jail time.  If Cuomo is guilty of forcing COVID positive patients into nursing homes he will not face jail time.  You’re right, its not apples to alpples.

If our politicians faced jailtime for Covid deaths caused by their carelessness then Donald Trump would be facing multiple life sentences right now for spending half the pandemic claiming that COVID was a nothingburger that was going to just disappear any day. 

That said, I don't like nor care for Cuomo, and wish he would resign. I also don't care one bit if he does go to jail or face punishment for nursing home deaths. My point being that Republicans don't give a sh*t about who or how many people have died from Covid unless they can specifically pin deaths on a democrat or on minorities they don't like. That's the only time Republicans care about Covid, otherwise it's just the common cold and masks are useless, say no to any shutdowns, best to just let everyone get it to create heard immunity, etc.... till a covid case can be linked to a democrat or Hispanic immigrant, then the GOP is all hands on deck for prevention and justice.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If our politicians faced jailtime for Covid deaths caused by their carelessness then Donald Trump would be facing multiple life sentences right now for spending half the pandemic claiming that COVID was a nothingburger that was going to just disappear any day. 

This is just untrue.  Trump started the whole thing off with a travel ban.  I’m not saying Trump didn’t make mistakes, but to say he deserves jail time is right.  Cuomo’s direct decision to put COVID positive patients in nursing homes has a direct affect to the nursing home residents and staff.  I’m sure there is some governmental immunity Cuomo has, so he’s not worried.

The rest of your statement is just railing on Republicans because you don’t like them.  Understood, thanks for the unity.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

40 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

That said, I don't like nor care for Cuomo, and wish he would resign. I also don't care one bit if he does go to jail or face punishment for nursing home deaths. My point being that Republicans don't give a sh*t about who or how many people have died from Covid unless they can specifically pin deaths on a democrat or on minorities they don't like. That's the only time Republicans care about Covid, otherwise it's just the common cold and masks are useless, say no to any shutdowns, best to just let everyone get it to create heard immunity, etc.... till a covid case can be linked to a democrat or Hispanic immigrant, then the GOP is all hands on deck for prevention and justice.  

To several of your points, trump would downplay the pandemic and then do extreme mental gymnastics in literally the same rant to blame his own piss poor non-response on China. "I ain't wearing no mask for no 'Rona, but I'll damn spit on the Chinese delivery guy."

Shocker that Asian Americans have literally taken the hit for that behavior. Add a few more years onto those life sentences.

• Like 2

Just now, McLoofus said:

To several of your points, trump would downplay the pandemic and then do extreme mental gymnastics in literally the same rant to blame his own piss poor non-response on China. "I ain't wearing no mask for no 'Rona, but I'll damn spit on the Chinese delivery guy."

Shocker that Asian Americans have literally taken the hit for that behavior. Add a few more years onto those life sentences.

I didn't type 'Rona. I typed k u n g   f l u as a point of mockery. It was autocorrected. 

I get the decision, but I'd prefer the mods give folks the rope. It's helpful knowing who they are. 

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is just untrue.  

No, it is true and I have Trumps own words as proof. Would you next like to claim that H2O is not in fact water, or that gravity really doesn't exist? 

Jan. 22, 2020

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. It’s going to be just fine.”

Jan. 24, 2020

Trump praises China’s handling of the coronavirus: “China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transpareny. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”

Feb. 27, 2020

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

Feb. 10, 2020

“Looks like by April, you know in theory when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

Feb. 24, 2020

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… the Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

Feb. 25, 2020

“I think that's a problem that’s going to go away… They have studied it. They know very much. In fact, we’re very close to a vaccine.”

Feb. 26, 2020

“The 15 (cases in the US) within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero.”

Feb. 26, 2020

“We're going very substantially down, not up.”

Feb. 26, 2020

"This is a flu. This is like a flu."

Feb. 27, 2020

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

March 4, 2020

“Now, and this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this. Because a lot people will have this and it's very mild.”

March 4, 2020

“If we have thousands or hundreds of thousands of people that get better just by, you know, sitting around and even going to work — some of them go to work, but they get better.”

March 5, 2020

“I NEVER said people that are feeling sick should go to work.”

March 6, 2020

“I think we’re doing a really good job in this country at keeping it down… a tremendous job at keeping it down.”

March 6, 2020

“You have to be calm. It’ll go away.”

March 6, 2020

“I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault.”

March 10, 2020

“Just stay calm. It will go away.”

March 11, 2020

“It goes away….It’s going away. We want it to go away with very, very few deaths.”

March 12, 2020

"You know, you see what's going on. And so I just wanted that to stop as it pertains to the United States. And that's what we've done. We've stopped it."

March 13, 2020

“I don’t take responsibility at all.”

March 17, 2020

“I felt like it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

March 19, 2020

I intended "to always play it down.”  [Trump in a private taped interview with Bob Woodward, made public on September 9]

March 20, 2020

“I say that you're a terrible reporter, that's what I say. I think it's a very nasty question, and I think it's a very bad signal that you're putting out to the American people." [Response to reporter’s question: "What do you say to Americans who are watching you right now who are scared?"]

March 22, 2020

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF.”

March 24, 2020

“We’ve never closed down the country for the flu,” Trump said. “So you say to yourself, what is this all about?”

and it goes on and on.

• Thanks 1

@CoffeeTiger again, what Trump said was ridiculous at times, but if you look at his actions it tells you a different story.  While Cuomo made policy that directly caused the deaths of thousands of elderly citizens in New York.

You are also looking at just what Trump said during the initial outbreak.  If you look at some of what the Democratic leaders said at the time, you will find similar dumb things.

Examples. Nancy Pelosi encouraging people to celebrate the Chinese New Year in San Francisco.

Cuomo stating the New Yorkers have the best of everything and will beat this virus

De Blasio not shutting down the subways and encouraging people to go to theaters and movies. He also encouraged people to attend Chinese New Year celebrations in NYC.

The Mayor of New Orleans refusing to curtail Madi Gras celebrations that caused super spreader events before the word was invented.

What Trump said rang hollow among many Americans and to say his words caused deaths is unverifiable.  If you recall, panic set in early as cleaning supplies and toilet paper were hard to find.  This happened in spite of what Trump said.

Trump lost the election because of his personality and his handling of the Coronavirus early on.  Get over it.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, AUDub said:

If it was a Dem with this level of allegation they'd probably already have been forced out. 

Could you give an example, other than Franken? I see a lot of meaningless words that in reality dont mean a thing as far as any actions.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

So lets compare Cuomo specifically since that is the most recent and relevant comparison on the Democrats side:  We have a host of Democratic congressional legislators demanded that Cuomo resign even before the completion of a formal investigation. Here's a full long list of the many democrats who are demanding his ouster (https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/everyone-calling-for-cuomo-resign.html)

So with Matt Gatz, despite it being known that he isn't popular within the Republican party and a lot of people seem to outright don't want to be associated with him before all this came out, who exactly in the GOP has come out with any strong language against him so far? 

Senate GOP House leader Kevin McCarthy has said he wants to see the investigation play out, but that he wont remove Gatz from committee assignments in the meantime. 

Taylor-Greene the popular GOP QCumber has outright came out in support of Gatz full throttle. Another GOPer accused of supporting sexual misconduct, Jim Jordan, is also publicly supporting Gatz, but Few if any Republicans are actually voicing out against Gatz as it appears.

Not a great look when you have more GOPers defending Gatz instead of publicly voicing concerns or coming out against him. Majority of the GOP seems to just feel the best thing to do is keep quiet and pretend nothing is happening.  

1) I am not covering for Gaetz for a second. I dont know anyone that is.
2) I am guessing that  Gaetz will be gone before anyone else is. The douche just has no friends.
3) Both parties just love to TALK alot AND DO NOTHING. Northam, his LG and his AG are all still in power altho they had many SAY a lot of meaningless words about them. 
Cuomo is not going anywhere and already has the majority of the voters behind him anyway. (Does this mean that NY Voters are some sort of MAGAs ignoring the truth?)

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Could you give an example, other than Franken? I see a lot of meaningless words that in reality dont mean a thing.

OPINION — There is nothing worse than watching a person you’re rooting for make a mistake. In the case of former Rep. Katie Hill, the talented newcomer made a major mistake when she engaged in a relationship with a campaign staffer leading up to the 2018 midterm elections. She was right to resign her seat last week because of it.

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/11/04/why-katie-hill-had-to-go/

Having a sexual affair with one of her campaign staff a year before she resigned when married.  I believe it took about a month before she resigned.  The clock is ticking for Gaetz, but it still has to have some substance before the GOP will move.  Same as Hill.

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is just untrue.  Trump started the whole thing off with a travel ban.  I’m not saying Trump didn’t make mistakes, but to say he deserves jail time is right.  Cuomo’s direct decision to put COVID positive patients in nursing homes has a direct affect to the nursing home residents and staff.  I’m sure there is some governmental immunity Cuomo has, so he’s not worried.

The rest of your statement is just railing on Republicans because you don’t like them.  Understood, thanks for the unity.

I am sure that Cuomo treated a lot of women correctly also.  I think you need to look at the full record in both cases.

(And the travel ban was incomplete, late and ineffectual and was clearly made from ignorance and/or his antipathy to China.)

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

PAID FOR SEX...Sounds like trafficking to me.

Women Paid for Sex by Gaetz, and others* (possible other congressmen) who were also using drugs, Ecstasy and more, the optics for a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN COULD NOT LOOK WORSE.

Edited by DKW 86

22 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Kennedy, Clinton, Cuomo, or Biden?

...Ralph Northam

• Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, AUDub said:

Kennedy and Clinton came from a different era where harassment was taken much less seriously.

Would you say similar to Kavanaugh?

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

...Ralph Northam

I called for his resignation. The voters that put him in office didn't want him gone though.

Shame the guy behind was also a serial abuser. 

Also Northam's crime was not sexual abuse or harassment, but racism. 

Edited by AUDub

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Would you say similar to Kavanaugh?

I'd call for their resignation now were they still in power like I have Cuomo. 

Just now, AUDub said:

I called for his resignation. The voters that put him in office didn't want him gone though.

Shame the guy behind was also a serial abuser. 

Yes, some did.  Did he remain? Would an R have survived?

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

I'd call for their resignation now were they still in power like I have Cuomo. 

Would you agree that when BK was accused, the same level of indifference towards those types of allegations were still in place?   

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Would you agree that when BK was accused, the same level of indifference towards those types of allegations were still in place?   

No. We are deep in the weeds of the #metoo movement at this point and a reckoning on past abuse and harassment goes on to this day. 

12 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No. We are deep in the weeds of the #metoo movement at this point and a reckoning on past abuse and harassment goes on to this day. 

Do you think the same level of scrutiny or outcry was placed on Biden or Cuomo as it was for BK?

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you think the same level of scrutiny or outcry was placed on Biden as or Cuomo as it was for BK?

I don't think the allegations were equal. Both essentially amounted to a "he said, she said," and in that situation the credibility of the accuser is everything.

Dr. Blasey-Ford's accusation was pretty credible to me, and the therapist notes, having discussed it well prior to Kavanaugh being a well-known public figure, were what put me over the edge on that one.

There was also the Ramirez allegation, vetted by none other than Ronan Farrow. That one gets glossed over.

I think most agree that the Sweatnick allegations were trash. Probably the reason she went through a shyster like Avenatti rather than a reputable media outlet that would carefully vet the story before running it.

Reade was obviously a troubled individual thrust into the spotlight by a few alleged "journalists" that didn't vet her story in their fervor to tank Biden's candidacy, her allegation was all over the place and she was revealed to have a history of grifting.

• Like 1