NCAA Penalties

Dunndone414

Anything short of accepting our self-imposed post season ban would be a total screw job by the NCAA.

For one, our compliance department has been a de facto satellite office for the NCAA since 2010.

Secondly, effing Will Wade still has a job at LSU. Need I say more?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Anything short of accepting our self-imposed post season ban would be a total screw job by the NCAA.

For one, our compliance department has been a de facto satellite office for the NCAA since 2010.

Secondly, effing Will Wade still has a job at LSU. Need I say more?

The most frustrating thing to me is that the violations were not connected to recruiting and provided zero competitive advantage whatsoever. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Dunndone414 said:

Today at 1pm. 

Not sure why they can’t just release it now instead of hyping it up.

What a f**ing joke the ncaa is. Announcing that you will be announcing penalties against a university. If AU accepts even 1 additional sanction then we are the biggest loser of a university that ever existed. AU should fight it every step of the way and publicly denounce the ncaa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

What a f**ing joke the ncaa is. Announcing that you will be announcing penalties against a university. If AU accepts even 1 additional sanction then we are the biggest loser of a university that ever existed. AU should fight it every step of the way and publicly denounce the ncaa

If - worst case - we get a postseason ban, we should immediately appeal. Even if the ban stands we could delay it to next season. (Can’t count on having an SEC contender like this team every season.) 

I’m not saying I believe we will get one, but there’s no rhyme or reason to NCAA penalties so who knows.

17 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Will this be the end of this as far as digging into it? 

If we get a scholarship reduction or postseason ban I suspect we will appeal and this will drag on. Otherwise I believe this is the end.

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to NCAA penalties announcement 1 pm

So....this is being done in the most harmful way possible for Auburn's reputation. The bammer buddy Emmert is making sure all the negativity that can be squeezed out of the situation will be front and center. 

Given what other programs have gotten away with....this entire thing is infuriating. Auburn needs to stop being the NCAA whipping boy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

• WarTiger changed the title to NCAA penalties announcement 11 am
3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

2 scholarships for next 4 years - that blows.  Hope we appeal.

We just got off pretty light.  No way is it worth appealing.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, LeonardAU said:

So Bruce is suspended for tomorrow's game?  Glad I bought tickets.

Did you pay to watch Bruce sweat on the sidelines or the guys playing on the court?

• Haha 2

So is it 8 total, 2 for each season or two spread out over 4 years?

Our compliance department did a good job. We can deal with the scholarship reduction. Bruce will miss tomorrow against Nebraska and the North Alabama game. His son will probably coach.

• Like 1

Feeling good about this. 

Glad we self imposed. 

Hate the budget cut

We can survive the scholly reductions but maybe an appeal brings that down to 1/yr?