Transfer Quarterbacks Being Tracked

Zeek

If CW chooses USC, do you think Jaxson Dart stays or transfers?  If transfers, do you think he would give AU a look?  I know he is from Utah, not sure he would want to come south.  Would LR risk bringing CW in at the risk of losing Jaxson?  Interesting things to consider.

• Like 1

What I have read is most that follow USC think that if Williams transfers to USC then Dart will transfer, but who knows.  

57 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

If CW chooses USC, do you think Jaxson Dart stays or transfers?  If transfers, do you think he would give AU a look?  I know he is from Utah, not sure he would want to come south.  Would LR risk bringing CW in at the risk of losing Jaxson?  Interesting things to consider.

He'd take Williams. Dart will likely transfer. Speculation on On3 that he'd go to BYU, but that's just speculation. I'm sure Harsin recruited him, but he was likely too highly ranked of a prospect for them

Dart? 

Why would we want a Dart?   I would much rather have a 'challenger' at QB than a Dart.

My mom drove a 74 Dart, I am allowed to make that joke. 

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Dart? 

Why would we want a Dart?   I would much rather have a 'challenger' at QB than a Dart.

I believe your missing the point on Dart. He's a pretty sharp quarterback. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beaker said:

Dart? 

I loved the early years Darts. I drove one that was convertible with a push button transmission.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

18 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Would be huge if true:

Yeah but who exactly is Jeff Smith or this other Caleb guy tweeting this stuff? 

6 minutes ago, e808 said:

Eastern Michigan is offering Caleb Williams 1m in NIL money. That’s insane

Isn’t that Charlie Batch’s alma mater? He’s already offered that to some other top level transfers. 

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Isn’t that Charlie Batch’s alma mater? He’s already offered that to some other top level transfers. 

Yes it is. If that’s what’s actually being offered then I guess it depends on ur values on what decision needs to be made

Side note: I see Plumlee is going to UCF. I think he will do very well there. This is exactly the type of QB that Gus should have recruited and stayed with at AU. Like the kid now at Liberty. Wish he would have just stuck with what he did well. 
…anyway it does not matter now… back to the CW rumors…

20 minutes ago, e808 said:

Eastern Michigan is offering Caleb Williams 1m in NIL money. That’s insane

F73EBB3F-0051-4E5B-995F-318CA3121E3B.png

Pretty sure his NIL deals are going to vastly exceed $1M wherever he ends up.  

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Side note: I see Plumlee is going to UCF. I think he will do very well there. This is exactly the type of QB that Gus should have recruited and stayed with at AU. Like the kid now at Liberty. Wish he would have just stuck with what he did well. 
…anyway it does not matter now… back to the CW rumors…

I nearly posted a couple days ago I thought he could be a good fit for Gus. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. 

54 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Would be huge if true:

I was really doing a good job of not getting my hopes up.  Now they are raised a little. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

I read JLee agreed with jeff Smith 

Caleb Williams - "If it doesn't have that yellow tag, you don't want it."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Viper said:

Caleb Williams - "If it doesn't have that yellow tag, you don't want it."

Is that a real quote? Is so ....

I’m giving myself a little permission to be excited. If we get this guy, a few good O-linemen, and receivers, then I think Mikey’s prediction of 10-2 for next season is entirely possible

13 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I’m giving myself a little permission to be excited. If we get this guy, a few good O-linemen, and receivers, then I think Mikey’s prediction of 10-2 for next season is entirely possible

This guy is the big domino. A tier 1 QB comes, then tier 1 WRs will too. And it'll be easier to attract talent with all the momentum. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

I'm hearing rumblings that caleb will be making an announcement tomorrow afternoon. I assume that's not good since he hasn't visited yet

I'd be shocked if he goes anywhere but USC.

• Like 1

If you search Caleb Williams on Twitter and hit latest, every school thinks they are getting him. Lol. I dunno man, I think we are just part of the group. This man is probably just going to join Lincoln at USC, and all of us Auburn, Wisconsin, and Ole Miss’ are just going to have to sit here and stew. Lol