Off Season Men's Roster Movement

tigeraddikt

2 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

I wonder if Traore has the size to play the five, allowing Jaylin to play the four. We will take a step back with rim protection regardless assuming Kessler is gone. 

For some reason I feel like Kessler will be back next season.

On 3/22/2022 at 11:28 AM, GTNupe11 said:

I didn't read anything past that. Because you made two big assumptions.

Sensitive little guy ... Aren't ya.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

I wonder if Traore has the size to play the five, allowing Jaylin to play the four. We will take a step back with rim protection regardless assuming Kessler is gone. 

I would think so. 6’10 and athletic, he could go 4 or 5 I’d imagine.  

Dontaie Allen from Kentucky just entered portal. Solid player. 

4 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Cambridge entered the portal

He gave it everything he has every game. I will miss his momentum grabbing dunks! Loved his rebounding. Good luck to the man. 

• Like 3

So realistically we could have 6 scholarships to give? Cook, Cambridge, Jabari, Moore, Stretch, and Kessler all possibly leaving.

Only 2 commits (1 of which will count to football) so far and Traore who is pretty much a lock at this point. Would open the door for Philips possibly, and 3 transfers/reclassifications. Or hopefully Kessler stays and improves his draft stock with another year in the weight room and work on his offensive game.

21 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

So realistically we could have 6 scholarships to give? Cook, Cambridge, Jabari, Moore, Stretch, and Kessler all possibly leaving.

It's nowhere near a slam dunk Flan stays so it could be as many as 7.

26 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Only 2 commits (1 of which will count to football)

Since Tre likely will not play football year 1 his scholly will have to count against our basketball limit of 12 for next season. He counts to only football when & if he starts playing football at AU.

28 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Or hopefully Kessler stays and improves his draft stock

I'm not sure his draft stock can improve much from where it is now.

• Thanks 1

Any chance Auburn goes after Pinson? I'm guessing not with the guards we have and with Westry and Donaldson coming in and the potential at some of the other bigger names that have recently become available. I enjoy watching Pinson drive to the basket. His three point shooting isn't the best though. 

3 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Sign him up just for his free throw shooting alone 

Only got to the line 62 times last hear. Hit 61, but that’s just over 2 points a game.

38 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Any chance Auburn goes after Pinson? I'm guessing not with the guards we have and with Westry and Donaldson coming in and the potential at some of the other bigger names that have recently become available. I enjoy watching Pinson drive to the basket. His three point shooting isn't the best though. 

There's a chance but if we add a Guard he's not the one we need. We need a good deep shooter.

52 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

Any chance Auburn goes after Pinson? 

I'm not to sure about the rules, but could he transfer to a 2nd SEC school without having to sit out a year? 

Edited by TD1

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

I'm not to sure about the rules, but could he transfer to a 2nd SEC school without having to sit out a year? 

No. He would have it sit. I would not think he would transfer because of that. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, thewhiz7 said:
13 hours ago, TD1 said:

No. He would have it sit. I would not think he would transfer because of that. 

@thewhiz7@TD1Incorrect. He's a Grad Transfer now & as such he can transfer & play immediately.

• Thanks 1