Republicans Keep Getting Fooled By Their Own Satire and Propaganda.

CoffeeTiger

39 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This whole topic is now front and center in the country, thanks to the huge amount of publicity it gets from Republicans promoting "culture war" issues.   

Ron DeSantis is a perfect example.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/right-wing-groomer-panic-and-ron-desantis-dont-say-gay-in-florida-are-disguises-for-homophobia

This needs to be front and center in the country, thank you Ron DeSantis.  In days past if any person would have tried to discuss sex to my young children I would have gone all Will Smith on them, now, in some parts of the country it is part of the curriculum.  

The left has dubbed the Florida Parental Rights Bill as the *don’t say gay* bill which has stirred up the radical left, it was even the opening salvo of the Oscars the other night.  One of two things can be true about the left; 1, they haven’t read the bill as the word *gay* is not mentioned, or 2, they want children indoctrinated at a young age.  I believe it is the latter.

The Disney Corporation has doubled down on it’s stance about *protecting* LBGTQ1&^%#@*(  rights to say and produce LBGTQ1#$%^&*^ content in there programming as described in this video.

This is a company in Disney that has made billions of $ catering to young kids and has had the trust of parents for generations and now has a *not at all secret gay agenda*?  How is this a good business model.  Again it is not about people that are above the age of consent as they have the capacity to make their own decisions in life.  This is about public schools and corporations opening up discussions with children at 5 to 8 have no concept of what sex, gender, how they relate can comprehend.  Therefore they are being molded into something that should be the parent’s responsibility.

When you learn something for the first time, you have a tendency to go back to the how you were taught initially for the rest of your life.  It’s the parent’s right to discuss ideologies with their children, not public schools, hence the bills name PARENTAL RIGHTS.

Religion is not allowed to be taught in public school, well, neither should life and cultural ideologies IMO.  Those ideologies are not shared by everyone, just like no religion is shared by everyone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"...allow your children to be "instructed" at public school in ideals that are not in line with your values?" :rolleyes:

Yeah, we can't have children simply learn the reality of diversity or the grace not to isolate or persecute the very few who happen to be different - like "queers", which was the norm when I was a kid (back when America was "Great".    

The idea that schools are "instructing" straight kids how to identify as homosexual or cisgender is absurdly paranoid. :no:

Thanks Republicans for trying to make America Great Again.

Let me understand what you are saying here.  You saying it is preferred to send your child to kindergarten when they have no concept of sexual behavior because they are not old enough to fully understand, and teach (because that what teachers do) your child about sex, gender and how they relate without you input?  Is this correct?

Do you think that could influence a child as young as 5 to a way of thinking that should be reserved for a point that his own curiosity will kick in?  If the subject is broached by the child, the teacher should tell the child to ask your parents about that, not shape an agenda that tries to validate some else’s behavior.

Do you think every 5-8 year old need to know about gender when it would suffice to tell the child that people are different and should be treated with respect no matter what the reason for the difference?

It is an ideology that should not be in the curriculum at any public school.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is the hill the left and Democrats want to die on.

DIE (Diversity, Inclusion and Equity) and yes, I did rearrange the letters to make it more truthful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Is this the type of procedures parents want for their minor children to have that have gender dysphoria?  Why not wait until they are older?  Munchausen syndrome by proxy maybe?

President Biden's administration has released a series of documents encouraging gender-reassignment surgery and hormone treatments for minors.

The Department of Health and Human Services' Office of Population Affairs released a documentThursday titled "Gender Affirming Care and Young People." The same day, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration's National Child Traumatic Stress Network – another subset of the HHS – released a parallel document titled, "Gender-Affirming Care Is Trauma-Informed Care."

The HHS documents describe what it calls appropriate treatments for transgender adolescents, including: "'Top' surgery – to create male-typical chest shape or enhance breasts;" and "'Bottom' surgery – surgery on genitals or reproductive organs, facial feminization or other procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-transgender-agenda-youth-sex-change-hormone-therapy

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Just FYI - you seem to be using cisgender while meaning transgender. Cisgender simply means you identify with the sex you were born with. I think this caused some confusion in another thread.

Thanks, I haven't been really keeping up with the terminology.   (I have more significant things to worry about.)

There's nothing new about this "controversy".  We've been here many times in the past.  It's a simple minded cliche' political tactic for reactionary right wingers - they're coming after your children!  

Populism at it's worse.

Here's a more comprehensive and detailed account of this tactic for those not fully aware of that history:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/why-are-right-wing-conspiracies-so-obsessed-with-pedophilia/

Why Are Right-Wing Conspiracies so Obsessed With Pedophilia?

The story is the same, from the day-care panics to QAnon: It’s not really about the kids. It’s about fears of a changing social order.

And remember Anita Bryant warning about gays "recruiting kids"?

https://www.pbs.org/outofthepast/past/p5/1977.html

1977: Anita Bryant founds "Save Our Children," and starts organized opposition to the movement for lesbian and gay rights.
Anti-Gay Organizing on the Right

In January of 1977, the Dade County Commission passed a gay-rights ordinance, making Miami the fortieth US city with such a law. The vote alarmed Anita Bryant, a singer, former beauty queen, and born-again Christian, who began a campaign to repeal the ordinance. Within six weeks, Bryant had gathered the signatures necessary to put the issue to Dade County voters. Bryant formed an organization called Save Our Children, Inc., and based the campaign on the idea that "Homosexuals cannot reproduce, so they must recruit." In June, the gay rights ordinance was repealed by a vote of more than 2-to-1. The repeal in Miami led to a wave of repeals and gay-rights defeats in other states, including the passage of an Oklahoma law banning gay men and lesbians from teaching in the public schools.

By focussing on the idea that gays and lesbians were somehow threatening to children, Bryant had created an incredibly powerful rhetorical focus for social conservatives. In 1981, Jerry Falwell echoed her language in a fundraising letter that reminded his followers, "Please remember, homosexuals don't reproduce! They recruit! And they are out after my children and your children." By the beginning of the 1980s, the Religious Right had made the fight against gay and lesbian liberation one of its primary issues, and found it a particularly effective focus for fundraising appeals. The efforts of conservatives slowed the advance of gay-rights and established an organized anti-gay opposition. That opposition is still a force in US politics today. Gay rights and anti-gay conservatives have squared off in a number of recent battles, including the fight over gays in the military and efforts to legislate against civil rights protections for lesbian and gay men.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Nothing is more relevant than something said 45 years ago by a woman that was laughed out of polite society...:laugh:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

There's nothing new about this "controversy".  We've been here many times in the past.  It's a simple minded cliche' political tactic for reactionary right wingers - they're coming after your children!  

Populism at it's worse.

Here's a more comprehensive and detailed account of this tactic for those not fully aware of that history:

In the past your thoughts may have been correct, however, we now know with the President suggesting gender affirming surgery to minor children and Disney executives admitting a *not at all secret gay agenda* it is no longer a conspiracy theory from the right.

Why is it important to have children have *gender reassignment* surgery and not wait until they are adults.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

In the past your thoughts may have been correct, however, we now know with the President suggesting gender affirming surgery to minor children and Disney executives admitting a *not at all secret gay agenda* it is no longer a conspiracy theory from the right.

Why is it important to have children have *gender reassignment* surgery and not wait until they are adults.

Care to reference that?

Meanwhile, I'll stand by my position. All of this is just fanning of reactionary hysteria.  It's the same political tactic the right wing has used over and over. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Care to reference that?

Meanwhile, I'll stand by my position. All of this is just fanning of reactionary hysteria.  It's the same political tactic the right wing has used over and over. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, homersapien said:

Care to reference that?

No Homer. It’s common sense, God fearing , hard working and salt of the earth people standing up against the insanity of the woke, radical left and their destructive policies.

The push-back will continue and we aren’t backing down despite the MSM and woke corporate America. 
I , along with many others, are challenging a large professional organization we belong to for its intentional drift into partisan and woke policies.

Edited by PUB78
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2022 at 11:45 AM, I_M4_AU said:

Let me understand what you are saying here.  You saying it is preferred to send your child to kindergarten when they have no concept of sexual behavior because they are not old enough to fully understand, and teach (because that what teachers do) your child about sex, gender and how they relate without you input?  Is this correct?

Do you think that could influence a child as young as 5 to a way of thinking that should be reserved for a point that his own curiosity will kick in?  If the subject is broached by the child, the teacher should tell the child to ask your parents about that, not shape an agenda that tries to validate some else’s behavior.

Do you think every 5-8 year old need to know about gender when it would suffice to tell the child that people are different and should be treated with respect no matter what the reason for the difference?

It is an ideology that should not be in the curriculum at any public school.

Best guess is we have at least a half dozen actively participating in this forum, a few on this thread, who fully agree with teaching children sex and gender issues at an extremely early age. Look look no further than those who protest.   

• Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 9:53 PM, homersapien said:

Classic example: when the left accuses the right of something, you can rest assured it is they who are guilty. I mean, we do have a thread as evidence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Best guess is we have at least a half dozen actively participating in this forum, a few on this thread, who fully agree with teaching children sex and gender issues at an extremely early age. Look look no further than those who protest.   

The world is so scared to stand up for children because of fear of being called homophobe, transphobic, etc.  The left loves to shut down conversations with this type of hysteria.  This issue was called a conspiracy just weeks ago, but now the government and corporations are letting us know it is their agenda and the left can’t or won’t see it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2022 at 2:46 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Because - of course - it's none of your f***ing business. 

Nor is it the government's:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/04/02/free-speech-choice-i-faced-professor-father-trans-son/

Adam Briggle is an associate professor and director of graduate studies in philosophy and religion at the University of North Texas.

On March 2, a Child Protective Services worker visited my home. Because my wife, Amber, and I are the supportive parents of a transgender boy, we had been accused of child abuse. About a week earlier, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) had issued an order requiring that citizens report parents such as us and that authorities investigate our cases.

Later that same day, the University of North Texas, where I teach, hosted a talk by Jeff Younger, a candidate for the Texas House of Representatives. Younger is a prime advocate of the “trans health care is child abuse” myth — the “tip of the spear,” as he describes himself. In 2019, as he began an ultimately unsuccessful fight for custody of his own transgender child (whom he persistently misgenders), he whipped up a right-wing frenzy — a crusade to “save” children by depriving them of care. Texas legislators failed to pass such a law in 2021. Younger wants to help them succeed in 2023.

In short, a person responsible for the attacks on my family was to speak at my university on the same day that the state launched its effort to tear us apart. Let me be clear: This is harm fueled by ignorance and hatred. Families such as mine are already terrorized. If the zealots succeed, we will be broken. I shudder to think what they would do to our son if they got their claws into him...........

Edited by homersapien

21 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is BS. 

What exactly is "Disney's agenda" other than welcoming homosexuals like they do anyone else?

And really, Stephen Miller ??!!  :laugh:

First, I don't believe a word that comes from his mouth - or Mary Margret Olahan (whoever she is)  - regarding what they think the "white house's agenda" is, or even what they claim was said by the white house.  If such an agenda or position exists, then quote original sources instead of some diatribe by what sounds like a right wing radio host version of the "white house" position is. 

And most importantly (in the Miller piece) , there's nothing said about parental rights or involvement in the matter.

You said:

"we now know with the President suggesting gender affirming surgery to minor children and Disney executives admitting a *not at all secret gay agenda* it is no longer a conspiracy theory from the right.

Why is it important to have children have *gender reassignment* surgery and not wait until they are adults."

First, show me where the President "suggesting gender affirming surgery" (outside of the child's doctor and his/her parents).

Secondly, it may not be a good suggestion.  But this is not for you - or the government - to determine.  It's up to the child, the parents of that child - and their medical advisors - to determine. 

(Surely you aren't trying to suggest the government - or school - is going to get involved without parental involvement are you???)

You apparently would prohibit a parent from managing their own child's condition based on their - and their medical advisors - advice.  This is not something for you - or the government - to involve themselves with.

Otherwise, thanks for supporting my premise.

You are just another gullible right winger who has bought in to the hysteria over children and their sexual identities.  And you are trying to justify that hysteria by quoting garbage internet hysterics when in fact, it's all political, and it's none of your business

Bottom line, if those are what you offer as validation for your ridiculous claims, it was a total FAIL.

Edited by homersapien

And just to further validate my point this is all right wing politically motivated hysteria, here's a little background on "The Daily Caller" for whom Mary Margret Olahan writes:

The Daily Caller is a right-wing[5] news and opinion website based in Washington, D.C. It was founded by now-Fox News host Tucker Carlson and political pundit Neil Patel in 2010. Launched as a "conservative answer to The Huffington Post", The Daily Caller quadrupled its audience and became profitable by 2012, surpassing several rival websites by 2013. The Daily Caller is a member of the White House press pool.[6]

The Daily Caller has published false stories on multiple occasions.[14] The website publishes articles that dispute the scientific consensus on climate change. Until 2018, the website had also published articles by white supremacists such as Jason Kessler and Peter Brimelow.[15][16] Scott Greer was deputy editor at The Daily Caller. After his departure in June 2018, it was revealed that he published articles espousing white nationalist, racist anti-black and antisemitic views under a pseudonym in white supremacist publications.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Daily_Caller

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The world is so scared to stand up for children because of fear of being called homophobe, transphobic, etc.  The left loves to shut down conversations with this type of hysteria.  This issue was called a conspiracy just weeks ago, but now the government and corporations are letting us know it is their agenda and the left can’t or won’t see it.  

Well, speaking for myself, I see it perfectly.  What's going on is exactly what is described in this piece:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/07/why-are-right-wing-conspiracies-so-obsessed-with-pedophilia/

YOU are the one who is being hoodwinked over a non-existing "threat" which is none of your business to start with.

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your children or other's children?  All children or only those who are cisgender?

While you can **** up your own children to the extent you want, other people's children are not your concern.

(And I see what you did using the word "hysteria".  Ironic -  but not surprising - you would project your own gullibility to actual hysteria to others in trying to defend it.) 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And really, Stephen Miller ??!! 

Is this a better source for you Homer?

Providing resources for transgender kids and their families. Transgender children are put at higher risk of attempted suicide or mental health challenges when they face bullying, rejection, or denial of health care. The Biden Administration is releasing several new resources to help transgender children and their parents thrive:

• Providing mental health resources for transgender youth. In recent months, multiple states have removed critical information about mental health resources for LGBTQI+ youth from official state websites. Transgender youth often face significant barriers in accessing supportive resources, and are at greater risk of attempted suicide. In response, the Department of Health and Human Services released a new websitethat offers resources for transgender and LGBTQI+ youth, their parents, and providers. These resources include best practices for affirming an LGBTQI+ child, and information about suicide prevention services.
  • Expanding trainings to support transgender and nonbinary students in schools. The Office of Safe and Supportive Schools in the Department of Education will offer new training for schools with experts and school leaders who will discuss the challenges faced by many transgender and nonbinary students and strategies and actions for providing support.
  • Confirming the positive impact of gender affirming care on youth mental health. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has posted LGBTQI+ Youth – Like All Americans, They Deserve Evidence-Based Care, in which Miriam Delphin-Rittmon, Ph.D., HHS Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use and the leader of SAMHSA, shares how to engage LGBTQI+ youth, the evidence behind the positive effects of gender affirming care, and available resources for LGBTQI+ youth, their families, providers, community organizations, and government agencies.
  • Confirming that gender-affirming care is trauma-informed care. The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN), which is administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, is releasing new information for providers confirming that providing gender-affirming care is neither child maltreatment nor malpractice.
  • Providing resources on the importance of gender affirming care for children and adolescents. The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health has developed a resource to inform parents and guardians, educators, and other persons supporting children and adolescents with information on what is gender-affirming care and why it is important to transgender, nonbinary, and other gender expansive young people’s well-being.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/31/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-advances-equality-and-visibility-for-transgender-americans/

If you go to the blue *resource* link in the last bullet point it will lead you to the SAME information Steven Miller presented in his tweet.

You are a hopeless leftist, go ask you siblings how they feel about this subject.

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is this a better source for you Homer?

Providing resources for transgender kids and their families. Transgender children are put at higher risk of attempted suicide or mental health challenges when they face bullying, rejection, or denial of health care. The Biden Administration is releasing several new resources to help transgender children and their parents thrive:

• Providing mental health resources for transgender youth. In recent months, multiple states have removed critical information about mental health resources for LGBTQI+ youth from official state websites. Transgender youth often face significant barriers in accessing supportive resources, and are at greater risk of attempted suicide. In response, the Department of Health and Human Services released a new websitethat offers resources for transgender and LGBTQI+ youth, their parents, and providers. These resources include best practices for affirming an LGBTQI+ child, and information about suicide prevention services.
  • Expanding trainings to support transgender and nonbinary students in schools. The Office of Safe and Supportive Schools in the Department of Education will offer new training for schools with experts and school leaders who will discuss the challenges faced by many transgender and nonbinary students and strategies and actions for providing support.
  • Confirming the positive impact of gender affirming care on youth mental health. The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) has posted LGBTQI+ Youth – Like All Americans, They Deserve Evidence-Based Care, in which Miriam Delphin-Rittmon, Ph.D., HHS Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use and the leader of SAMHSA, shares how to engage LGBTQI+ youth, the evidence behind the positive effects of gender affirming care, and available resources for LGBTQI+ youth, their families, providers, community organizations, and government agencies.
  • Confirming that gender-affirming care is trauma-informed care. The National Child Traumatic Stress Network (NCTSN), which is administered by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, is releasing new information for providers confirming that providing gender-affirming care is neither child maltreatment nor malpractice.
  • Providing resources on the importance of gender affirming care for children and adolescents. The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health has developed a resource to inform parents and guardians, educators, and other persons supporting children and adolescents with information on what is gender-affirming care and why it is important to transgender, nonbinary, and other gender expansive young people’s well-being.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/03/31/fact-sheet-biden-harris-administration-advances-equality-and-visibility-for-transgender-americans/

If you go to the blue *resource* link in the last bullet point it will lead you to the SAME information Steven Miller presented in his tweet.

You are a hopeless leftist, go ask you siblings how they feel about this subject.

Yes, that's (obviously) a credible source, since it's the original source.

And no, it's not the "same" information Miller presented - which was taken totally out of context. (This is exactly why using original sources is important.)

Regardless, I didn't see anything in it that should alarm a thinking, empathetic person. 

But it doesn't surprise me anyone gullible and insensitive enough to buy into this right-wing generated hysteria would interpret it as attacking or threatening our children. 

So, to that point, how about designating the statements in the document at issue that you find objectionable and why. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

On 3/31/2022 at 10:47 AM, homersapien said:

"...allow your children to be "instructed" at public school in ideals that are not in line with your values?" :rolleyes:

Yeah, we can't have children simply learn the reality of diversity or the grace not to isolate or persecute the very few who happen to be different - like "queers", which was the norm when I was a kid (back when America was "Great".    

The idea that schools are "instructing" straight kids how to identify as homosexual or cisgender is absurdly paranoid. :no:

Thanks Republicans for trying to make America Great Again.

You don’t have to identify as cisgender..moron. 

And no I don’t want my kids learning about “diversity” from a teacher in kindergarten including pictures and graphic descriptions along with the exhortations that if found objectionable you or your parents are some terrible people.

Edited by jj3jordan
  • Like 1