Having rotator cuff surgery tomorrow

ellitor

Absolute prayers for you. I have had both of mine done. Take your pain meds before the ones from the surgery start to diminish.  Trust me if you don't and it starts hurting you can never get back on top of it. You will learn quickly that everything that you do physically involves your shoulders. Be patient it gets better. 

Edited by Hay Field 101

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers for those inclined to do so .Pray for no blood clots or other things that could create complications. Also that I have the patience and understanding during recovery and that I’m easy to deal with for my family who will have to help take care of me until I have reasonable use of my good left arm. I have cerebral palsy and very little use in my right arm/hand so recovery will definitely be a unique experience.

Good luck my friend and prayers have been said. I had a similar surgery a few years ago and it definitely is hard to not be able to do everything on your own. Just remember it's all temporary and there is no need to rush it! 

Consider it done E. Hang in there, and I'll be thinking about/praying for you.

And we want updates as quickly as you're reasonably able.

Edited by Rednilla

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Absolute prayers for you. I have had both of mine done. Take your pain meds before the ones from the surgery start to diminish.  Trust me if you don't and it starts hurting you can never get back on top of it. You will learn quickly that everything that you do physically involves your shoulders. Be patient it gets better. 

They have not told me what my meds are yet. I guess I find out after surgery?

1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

You will learn quickly that everything that you do physically involves your shoulders.

I already know this. My left arm does 95% of everything for me.

Prayers up brother. I’ve had both done. Both times Dr said it was worse than expected. I had no problem with recovery. Honestly, I was go to go after a few weeks. Do the rehab!!!

Prayers up.  If you are worried about blood clots, have them start your on blood thinners after surgery.  I just had a knee replaced and ended up with a Pulmonary Embolism they found early.  Discuss with the Doc. 

Painkillers and a good recliner to sleep in are must haves from my experience. And rehab for me was a slow grind but doing all the exercises is a must. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Prayers for 100% successful surgery, comfort and peace for you and family with a fast track to recovery. Patience and motivation to correctly and regularly perform PT.

Prayers, E! Here's to a full and speedy recovery. I had mine done many years ago in HS after tearing it pitching. Best advice is do not rush your recovery. I was a young thundercat and as soon as I felt better I wanted to be back out on the field throwing footballs. Nope. Bad IDea. Shoulder still gives me problems.

Praying 🙏 for you e!! Do the rehab hard or longer recovery time. It’s tough to do but you’ll be glad you did.

thought and prayers for ya el................

22 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Prayers for a successful surgery e....since bird is not around anymore I know he would wish the same.....good luck

What do you mean "anymore"?

Did he leave us?