What is different this year? No Bo and McClain?

gr82b4au

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Wha? I had been assured that getting rid of Bo was a great move!

Yup in fact a great guy and Ole Miss alum informed me shortly after Nix’s departure that he heard he was shown the door because he’s a team cancer.

I just assumed he was getting the scoop from some of our brilliant brethren on this forum.

And obviously Nix is causing a great stink in Eugene with those 10 TDs in the last 2 games.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Yup in fact a great guy and Ole Miss alum informed me shortly after Nix’s departure that he heard he was shown the door because he’s a team cancer.

I just assumed he was getting the scoop from some of our brilliant brethren on this forum.

And obviously Nix is causing a great stink in Eugene with those 10 TDs in the last 2 games.

Ignorance is bliss 

Defensively, I agree the Z is the biggest loss. He and Smoke, but for different reasons.

Offensively, The biggest reason for the struggles isn't the career ~52% quarterbacks leaving.  We replaced him with just about the same thing. The biggest difference is losing the 4 year starting center a week and a half before the season. Not allowing Tate to work as #1 through the spring, summer, fall.  We play significantly better with Brahms.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

What a weirdo. I very rarely if ever even engage with this guy. I was so confused.

This is the kind of foolishness that drove off my man @McLoofus. Damn, I wish he’d come back…..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I knew losing McClain would hurt. He’s one of the most underrated defenders we’ve had in Auburn the past 10+ years.

Not enough likes for this. Dude was just a player, and never got anywhere near the credit he deserved

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I knew losing McClain would hurt. He’s one of the most underrated defenders we’ve had in Auburn the past 10+ years. You could tell how important he was last year when he had to miss the first half of the Georgia state game.

And our defense looked lost but as soon as he was inserted in the 2nd half, everything went back to normal and we shut them down the 2nd half 

And our other qb won the game

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Ever since we lost Bo, we have not won a P5 game.
Our defense this year is terrible and the linebackers continue to be out of place.  
Terrible coaching aside, it looks like losing those two players has hit us hard. 

Don’t you dare mention that Bo is better than Finley and Calzada! Don’t you dare!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Bo certainly does look different when he's not facing SEC competition and Georgia State week in and week out. He should thrive in the lowly Pac-12.

Edited by murpjf88
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

Consider the source lol. Any support of Harsin ever during is tenure will *not* be forgiven or forgotten

I really don't care but I'm still pulling for Harsin. I'm sick of these people who think they know everything and overreact. It still sucks but it It took me until the Arkansas game 2012 to realize that chizik needed to go, and the umpteenth time of Gus losing to Georgia and knowing every play to be all in on the firing. I don't want some SEC know it all, you still have to be a good developer and love football. I hate that we have become so disrespectful to other conferences and parts of the country without doing crap. But once in, I'm not coming back.  We have been in rebuild mode and have been. We need new blood in AD department, that's been exposed by the new hires. A new coach isn't going to change things. I truly believe that and hope I'm Wrong. I think he deserves 3 years for the sake of Auburn and quite frankly don't trust those making the decisions. Allen Greene said firing GM hurt the AD budget whether people want to believe it or not. He speaks all the right things and I don't hear s*** from those in power except dumb rumors and message board fodder. They need to pony up if they want him gone and need to invest in the kids and program. He came here to try to do something. Let him try.. I trust the process, ..until I don't. And then I sure as hell don't,. WDE. 

See y'all at some point. Over and out.

• Like 1

I think Bo is demonstrably better than what we have, and would’ve won a few of the games lost during TJ, but I don’t know if he himself was a primary factor behind us being terrible since his injury 

I certainly saw no reason to chase him away outside of the fact that it was better for him and his family to get away. Mainly bc I assumed we wouldn’t be able to convince anyone better to come 

No matter how hard many will try......You won't be able to make Bo good. The only thing that's changed is now you all will blame a QB instead of everybody else. Coincidentally this year the o line and wr hate isn't as strong

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Ever since we lost Bo, we have not won a P5 game.
Our defense this year is terrible and the linebackers continue to be out of place.  
Terrible coaching aside, it looks like losing those two players has hit us hard. 

By the time the season started, 20 players had bailed out. Contrary to those claiming that Harsin was getting rid of the malcontents, there were some good players in that group. Bo and McClain were big losses but so were Pegues, Tennison, Height, Manning, on and on. You can't lose that many without consequences.

Just now, Mikey said:

By the time the season started, 20 players had bailed out. Contrary to those claiming that Harsin was getting rid of the malcontents, there were some good players in that group. Bo and McClain were big losses but so were Pegues, Tennison, Height, Manning, on and on. You can't lose that many without consequences.

But none of those other guys were major contributors last year, right? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

But none of those other guys were major contributors last year, right? 

College football is a rotational thing. Seniors and the injured move out, the guys who were behind them get better and move up. Starters get better from year to year with experience. In addition to starters Bo Nix at QB and McClain at LB, we lost the guys who were supposed to step up. Height, for example, was a starting Rush End at USC before his injury. Manning is starting on the O-line at Kentucky. Others are scattered about who knew the ropes at AU but are now doing well elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Manning is starting on the O-line at Kentucky

Good for him

There's a saying "show me your friends and I'll show you your future"...

Sometimes a person has to distance themselves from a Friend to have a better future. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, fredst said:

This is the kind of foolishness that drove off my man @McLoofus. Damn, I wish he’d come back…..

Me too. But as of yesterday, McLoofus is very happy to not be on here. 

We'd probably all disagree on the reasons why, but I can't say I blame him. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Me too. But as of yesterday, McLoofus is very happy to not be on here. 

We'd probably all disagree on the reasons why, but I can't say I blame him. 

I took a damn 3 month vacation which I thought might have been long enough but I'm starting to think I might need more time. Lol  🙃

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah I don't know what this dude is on. I thought it was something worth while haha

I had to unhide the post to see what nonsense he was on about this time

image.png.3b030b648cd4e6d0c296271870cac71a.png