TJ throws line under the bus

AUght2win

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Maybe he has? Maybe he is tired of defenders in his face 1 second after he snaps the ball. Maybe he is tired of running for his life every play? That OLine is atrocious! By far the worse I’ve seen in my 32 years as a fan. Missing assignments, poor pass blocking, poor run blocking. Then you got fans saying how awful you are as a QB and as a 20 year old who is giving everything he has… it is what it is…

All of that may be true (especially the o-line being atrocious) but regardless, if he wants to be a leader on this team you don’t throw your teammates under the bus on social media. Challenge them in the locker room, get in their faces on the practice field and challenge them to get better with you and chew their butts out when they mess up,, do whatever but handle it in-house. Can you name a time someone has called out a teammate or teammates in the media or on social media and it made a positive impact?

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

All of that may be true (especially the o-line being atrocious) but regardless, if he wants to be a leader on this team you don’t throw your teammates under the bus on social media. Call them every name in the book and question their manhood in the locker room, get in their faces on the practice field and challenge them to get better with you and chew their butts out when they mess up,, do whatever but handle it in-house. Can you name a time someone has called out a teammate or teammates in the media or on social media and it made a positive impact?

A qb never blames his line for anything. That is a good way to get clobbered. That is coaches job. Probably reason he won’t play sat 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have see two articles today with writers blaming our "o" line just today. one writer claim that is one reason why bo left. i imagine tj is frustrated like the rest of the team. the other biggie is we do not scheme well against other teams. these are writers saying this and they may not know anything about football. does anyone agree with us not scheming well against other teams? bird? any of you guys that know football? those two points right there tell me our qb's are probably playing with one arm tied behind their back. it would appear that is the case which is why i am asking you guys.if we scheme bad does this mean we are easier to beat? if our qb's are running for their life it makes us easier to beat. heck our latest "O" recruit said he is coming because he saw a huge need for playing time.

Def getting out schemed by the other team coaches.  Usually after a while we make adjustments to defend their scheme or exploit its weakness. When it happens to a lesser team we play close games but pull away. Mercer SJSU and many others over the years. When it happens to a team with comparable or better athletes you get behind and have to come back. When no adjustments are made like the Penn St game it runs away and piles on the points. 

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

All I ask is please don’t put Holden in this season. Don’t do that to that young man.

Well since all of our other quarterback seem to be dropping like flies we may see him this weekend. 

7 hours ago, JerryAU said:

These are seasoned, veteran linemen our Super Seniors, they have a ton of time playing together.

Which begs the question, why are they worse now than they were last year? They started last season 6-2. Several here posted that that team would have finished 9-3 had Bo not gotten injured. They weren't this bad last season and one guy (Brahms) getting injured should have been at least compensated for by the rest having another year's experience.

So why are they worse? They should, as a group, be better.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Which begs the question, why are they worse now than they were last year? They started last season 6-2. Several here posted that that team would have finished 9-3 had Bo not gotten injured. They weren't this bad last season and one guy (Brahms) getting injured should have been at least compensated for by the rest having another year's experience.

So why are they worse? They should, as a group, be better.

I've disagreed with @bigbirdmore often than not recently, but he made very good points when I asked the exact same question recently. I was making the same point as you and bird proved me wrong in this case. 

We lost Brahms and replaced him with a 285 pound, inexperienced center. That makes a huge difference. 

Also, Hamm wasn't great, but he was much better at RT than whatever Troxell is doing. 

So, it's not the same OL. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

I've disagreed with @bigbirdmore often than not recently, but he made very good points when I asked the exact same question recently. I was making the same point as you and bird proved me wrong in this case. 

We lost Brahms and replaced him with a 285 pound, inexperienced center. That makes a huge difference. 

Also, Hamm wasn't great, but he was much better at RT than whatever Troxell is doing. 

So, it's not the same OL. 

Most college teams lose one or more O-linemen every season. With four returning regulars, each with another year of experience, we should be better than we were last year whether we had to replace one or not. I don't think losing just one is a reason for the line to regress.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Most college teams lose one or more O-linemen every season. With four returning regulars, each with another year of experience, we should be better than we were last year whether we had to replace one or not. I don't think losing just one is a reason for the line to regress.

I get your point. In my mind, it was the same OL. So I thought it worth noting that we lost 3 potential starters. Brahms, Hamm, and Manning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

I get your point. In my mind, it was the same OL. So I thought it worth noting that we lost 3 potential starters. Brahms, Hamm, and Manning. 

And I somehow honestly forgot that this relates to the never ending debate between you and Bird. 

I don't care about that at all. And if it helps, I think it's obvious that Gus was a better coach than Harsin. 

5 star talent acts different than 2 star talent he was getting at Boise.   Better learn quick and get it right on whatever is going on in the locker room...only has one chance.  

Beginning of something...a new legend...a disaster ending to a short career.  This is not a small moment in time.  

On 9/21/2022 at 4:39 AM, AU-24 said:

He also ran from the police on a Moped, so not surprised. 

To be fair the offensive line couldnt stop a moped

• Haha 1

On 9/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, TigerHorn said:

Sometimes the leader has to call out the followers in public, when the private discussions don't work. I'm on TJ's side in this one. He showed fire and toughness in that game. Now lets see if there's a leader on the OL who will respond to this by upping their performance. 

In the locker room or at film and I get it, but to the media - no way.  Keep that laundry in the house.  

• Like 1