*Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread*

abw0004

5 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

We've played 5 games coming into today. So you're saying Missouri should've been a loss, making us 2-3. Penn St., Missouri, LSU as our losses.

Yes.  Mizzou should have won that game

7 minutes ago, hqsi99 said:

Robbie throwing reminds me of the scene in Major League where Vaughn is throwing for the first time:

”Nice velocity.”

”Sounded like it.”

”You better teach him some control before he kills somebody.”

So we calling him Wild Thing now?

I can’t remember which 90’s Bowden team it was, but this reminds me of that offense except it was Dameyue Craig instead running for his life every play (with fewer fumbles).

I am confused why there aren’t many zone reads or RPO’s . Are they trying to protect him or something. Most of the time he is running anyways why not call plays to match it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

There's accountability for the coaching staff for sure. Get better players and the mistakes will start to correct itself. They are completely overmatched and outclassed on most nights.

The coaching staff has failed to bring in better players murf!

4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I don't have that much hope 😒

Me either because we have Harsin and no matter how well the guys play Harsin will find sone way to screw then up. That’s the one thing you can count on from Harsin. 

• Like 1

We have talent.  Not at QB...but in many places.  Not a ton of depth.  But we have talent.  

If not for the malignant idiot head coach; this game is probably 0 - 0 heading into the half...or 7-0 at the worst.  

We are poorly coached.  We had penalties in every possession.  We turned 2nd and short into second and long more than once.  Any good thing that could have happened was stunted by penalties.  We fumble every other play.  Our coaches allow Ashford to carry it like a sack of bread in practice and he does it in games.  We have no on field leadership.  The people that should be leading are spectators. The coaching staff does nothing to put this in team a position to be successful.  The coaching staff actually hurts their chances by sophomoric play calls in key situations.   And I see no evidence that recruiting is going to solve issues at any position.  

If there was ever a coaching staff that should be fired mid season, this one is it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

You're gonna need more....unless you're a masochist. Then you're golden. 

Oh I have plenty in the cabinet.

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

No way. None of the QBs on the roster are Gus recruits. Harsin had opportunities to recruit JC or transfer portal players to the OL.

Yep but it seems once no luck in the portal it seems these guys were talked into coming back

1 minute ago, AcUmen said:

How many power 5 team are worse than Auburn this season?  Two, maybe three?

We know Missouri is. Colorado still hasn't won a game... At least Auburn isn't Colorado.

10 minutes ago, JGLEATON said:

calling it now.... Harsin calls for an onside kick to start the 2nd half......

You know what…why the hell not? Do it Harsin. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I don't have that much hope 😒

Me neither lol

• Like 1

We are about to witness greatness!!! No facts to back it up, just hopeful optimism and I am stuck in traffic so I need something good to happen 

4 minutes ago, HabitualChiller said:

It's been 5 games already? Damn this season is flying by lol.

The season can’t get over fast enough for me.  The offense is not only hopeless somehow they find a way to give away field position even with a great punter.  Fumbles, penalties, stupid play calls, you name it they can do it.  Poorly coached, poor execution, poor blocking, poor everything.  Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes.  

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Judging by what I’m seeing in the comments, it’s not going well?

You sir,  are a bona-fide sleuth!😝

2 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

You blame it on coaching for a lack of discipline.

They weren't any better under Gus. Discipline gets thrown around pretty loosely here. What kind of discipline would you like to see for a player flinching on the line? Running laps, spankings, benchings? The team is trying to get an edge by cheating where they can because the players on the field aren't good enough to be playing SEC football. 

• Dislike 1