Freeze

gr82b4au

13 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

You folks that are so vocal about being out or not supporting football if Freeze are gonna look silly posting in the football threads next year. We should start a thread posting anyone who states that. Call their morally superior a$$es out next time they rear their perfect heads lol. 

I’m anti-Freeze, no pun intended, but I didn’t say I would hate Auburn football. Good Lord knows I’ve made mistakes, but I’m not about to be paid millions of dollars to be the face of Auburn Football. Will I renew my season tickets, nope. Will I follow AU football on television, no. I can’t, personally, dismiss Auburn. Because of my experience there, they’ll always be in my heart. As I wrote, it’s not my place to judge the man. If he’s the face of the program, however, if the news is true, it does go against everything I love about Auburn. 

Edited by auburndkel
misspelling
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VegasEagle said:

We will never live this down. My phone is getting hammered with jokes now 🤦‍♂️

Forgetting the PR fiasco that’s coming, I’ve gotten 3 texts from some uga buddies in the last hour literally expressing their condolences.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

That one cat, I can't remember his name. Said he would turn in his fan card if AU hires Freeze. He was adamant bout it too

Yeah that Deion Sanders fan. I hope that stays true. Please don’t come around when we find success and the media starts printing redemption stories 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUatHeart said:

Well, this news just busted my bubble.  I’m not excited about Freeze at all.  To me this is classic JABA

Auburn message board posters are definitely JAFansBAFans.  National people like Freeze, but yet people wanting to create a negative self prophecy. 

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I am sitting here scratching my head because the deal breaker will be with most parents what Freeze did in his past. It’s not like we don’t have social media and all types of music out there that they are exposed to. It’s like the guy committed a felony crime. Also it’s being treated like Freeze is coaching solo. If he keeps guys like Caddy and Zac those are high character guys. Not saying Freeze is a lights out hire but it could be worse

Players are going to watch ESPN and every fanbase and coach in the SEC clown a school that went through the ringer over a coaching affair hire a guy who bought hookers and got his team on probation. The fanbase will be split from day one and if he doesn't significantly improve next season with a much more challenging roster, that will be worse. The standard line on the recruiting trail will be "this guy will be gone in three years". How many top recruits or transfers do you think are going to risk their career on that? 

If we hire Freeze, it will be as stupid a hire - if not more so - than Harsin. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 minute ago, auburnatl1 said:

Forgetting the PR fiasco that’s coming, I’ve gotten 3 texts from some uga buddies in the last hour literally expressing their condolences.  

You have crappy friends!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Son of A Tiger said:

It's hard for me to imagine Cohen hiring Freeze when he blew the whistle on Freeze at Ole Miss when he (Cohen) was the AD at Miss. St. 

Yeah, so we better cool this talk.  Yet, a well respected writer who has worked at Auburn for many years has said Freeze is the leader.  

4 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Players are going to watch ESPN and every fanbase and coach in the SEC clown a school that went through the ringer over a coaching affair hire a guy who bought hookers and got his team on probation. The fanbase will be split from day one and if he doesn't significantly improve next season with a much more challenging roster, that will be worse. The standard line on the recruiting trail will be "this guy will be gone in three years". How many top recruits or transfers do you think are going to risk their career on that? 

If we hire Freeze, it will be as stupid a hire - if not more so - than Harsin. 

If ur son can get NIL money and make the pros. U think that matters ( paging Malik Willis) I get it u don’t like freeze 

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

Just now, e808 said:

If ur son can get NIL money and make the pros. U think that matters.

You think we are the only program throwing around NIL money? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah that Deion Sanders fan. I hope that stays true. Please don’t come around when we find success and the media starts printing redemption 

As you mentioned couple wks ago. If Freeze is hired, the meltdown would be historic on here. It's just a select few , but there lava is definitely flowing LOL

• Like 1

As I said, on page 1, I just don’t understand why we waited so long to hire him. He could’ve been recruiting for us this entire time. He would walk on broken glass to come here. 

3 minutes ago, GAAubie said:

You have crappy friends!

It’s occurring to me😋. I can say in Atlanta the uga folks were always nervous about dabo or sanders from a pure splash recruiting perspective. Kiffin less so. Freeze seems to causing them sheer friggin joy. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

It’s time to cope AU family! NFL wr’s that freeze coached and signed at ole miss: laquon treadwell, DK Metcalf and AJ Brown. That’s the exact opposite of Gus like. I’m so sick of that comp.

But, does his offense attract NFL linemen and NFL QB's? That was the take against Gus in 2017.

24 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Freeze was always the booster temptation hire I was hoping cohen would be able to control. We went from talking about getting coaches at Dabo’s level to settling for freeze - in less than a week. Shocked.

Interesting...

I'd have been shocked if we didn't go from fantasizing that we were going to land a real coach to talking up the potentialities of Coach Scratch N. Dent in less than a week.  

Can’t remember where I read it, may have been on here but Freeze was lined up to be hired in the middle of the Harsin scandal in the off-season if he would’ve been fired. Guess it makes sense. 

He's a fake Christian and a pedophile.   It'll happen again under him...he's got the sickness.  

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

14 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

As I said, on page 1, I just don’t understand why we waited so long to hire him. He could’ve been recruiting for us this entire time. He would walk on broken glass to come here. 

We wanted LK