Freeze

gr82b4au

4 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:

Vandy, TAMU, and Auburn off the top of my head. Possibly 

Gotcha so 3 teams out of 12 wouldn't have 10 win seasons. Kind of makes my point. 

8 minutes ago, shabby said:

I would love to have Dabo. But to be fair. Which team in the SEC wouldn't have 10 wins playing in that garbage conference

Not us apparently. We’re 1-5 in our last 6 vs the ACC. We’re equally bad vs the Big 10 of late. UGA, Bama, and LSU have recent resumes vs other conferences to downplay them. The truth is we don’t. 

Per Auburn Live On3 "sources":  "If Auburn can’t reach a deal with Kiffin soon, sources continue to tell Auburn Live that Cohen will move on to the next candidate, and will do so quickly. Liberty’s Hugh Freeze, Penn State’s James Franklin, Oregon’s Dan Lanning, Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson are some names to watch, if Kiffin remains at Ole Miss."

https://www.on3.com/teams/auburn-tigers/news/lane-kiffin-addresses-auburn-job-speculation-following-egg-bowl/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lovemytigerz said:

Philadelphia Eagles’ quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson

d360f1a92837a6ce5727bdf549d70ddf.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Chaotic_zx said:
  1. Dabo is a bammer.
  2. He seems like an idiot although I cannot personally attest one way or another. Likely not. 
  3. He wouldn't take the Auburn job.
  4. If he would(he won't), he would be the biggest hire Auburn could ever get.
  5. Instant upgrade on all fronts if he were the Auburn coach. 
  6. If he would(he won't), he would be proving number 2.
  7. Some of you are making yourself look foolish stating that he wouldn't meet your standards.
  8. If you couldn't live with Dabo being the head coach, Auburn can do without your fandom. He would replace you with many more.
  9. If he failed(he could possibly), you could/would come back on every platform that you have a user name on and tell us how correct you were. That you were never fooled for a second. You'd relish and enjoy it.
  10. I'm tired of writing this list.

He still sux in my book 😁But thanks for the lecture 

2 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Interesting.  Rivals mods were adamant that Sankey had approved Freeze back to the SEC back in February.

Publicly he said all the right things. Privately he told institutions what hiring him will mean.

No other SEC school is pursuing him, nor did they the last 6-7 openings

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Publicly he said all the right things. Privately he told institutions what hiring him will mean.

No other SEC school is pursuing him, nor did they the last 6-7 openings

So what you’re saying is that he is not a real option?

2 minutes ago, shabby said:

Gotcha so 3 teams out of 12 wouldn't have 10 win seasons. Kind of makes my point. 

No. Not really. Those are the teams that are dysfunctional. Others are less so. 

• Florida could win 10 games consistently.
  • UGA would win 10 games consistently.
  • Kentucky could win 10 games every now and again. Maybe once in a 15 year span.
  • Missouri is a toss up. I could see them doing it but only once.
  • USCe is a toss up. I could see them win 10 games twice in a 20 year span.
  • Alabama would win 10 games consistently.
  • Arkansas could win 2 in a 15 year span.
  • Auburn could win 10 consistently but wouldn't due to dysfunction.
  • LSU would win 10 consistently.
  • Ole Miss could win 10 games 4 or 5 times in a 20 year span. 
  • Miss State could win 10 games 1 time in 15 years. 
  • TAMU could win 10 games consistently but wouldn't due to dysfunction. 

I believe the SEC is tough as well but outside the top teams, it is a toss up. The SEC is top heavy. It doesn't matter if we want to admit it or not but bama, LSU, Florida,  and UGA have carried the SEC credibility for a while now. Equally, the ACC is top heavy but with fewer teams. They only have Clemson as the torch bearer. I just think it is crazy to discredit the ACC. GT beat Auburn when Auburn was good. Clemson has beaten bama. I'm not willing to write that league off like that. 

Oh, I know who he is. I'm just wondering why we would want Dan Mullen's quarterbacks coach after he crapped the bed at Florida. I had hoped Freeze was a last gasp mention, but wow. 

1 hour ago, GreenTiger said:

I’m aware of his record and that he is also full of shite! He will not take a job that is significantly more difficult than the one he has and where he won’t ne able to spout off nonsense and have a local media and fanbase that just gobbles his garbage up. Dabo would get chewed up and spit out in the SEC west both on the field and in the press conferences. 

I agree that he probably isn’t coming to AU. Certainly not for reasons you named. 

48 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

It’s hard for me to believe that this guy made the short list over Deion.

Why?  On paper he's much more qualified for an SEC HC position?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

It’s hard for me to believe that this guy made the short list over Deion.

Look I can support a Deion hire but Johnson has a solid resume. In addition he has been a coordinator, QB coach and spent a time in the SEC. He has done some things Deion has not in the college game, but does not have the charisma or name power. I am not advocating for him over Deion but also not dismissing him either. 

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Like 1

Guest MustardSeed

I just find it amusing so many people think we hired an MSU AD to go after an OM coach who was basically blacklisted during the ADs tenure 🤣.  You don’t hire and AD to go after a coach he potentially helped get blacklisted at his rival at worst and at best knows some intimate details of the scandal.  Welcome to a fan based message board logic 🤣🤣

43 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

This is an out of the bix choice but I like it. Just no HC experience.

“We’re gonna float a lot of big names for about a month then hire someone that no one has heard of until right this second”

It worked out so well the last time. 😒

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

“We’re gonna float a lot of big names for about a month then hire someone that no one has heard of until right this second”

It worked out so well the last time. 😒

I'm not finding any evidence he's a strong recruiter, which should at the very top of the list of qualifications for the next HC.  With Freeze supposedly being off the table, Lanning is starting to become more intriguing to me.

Edited by dyehardfanAU
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Why?  On paper he's much more qualified for an SEC HC position?

He does have quite a bit of SEC experience, but Deion having at least some level of head coaching experience (and very successful experience at that) in my mind at least puts them even.

• Like 1