Jump to content

Freeze


gr82b4au
 Share

Recommended Posts

Thamel saying Auburn has been in talks with Freeze is meaningless.  They’ve been in talks with a bunch of people!  Probably told them what they’d be willing to pay too if offered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites





2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This is why we are waiting 'til after the Iron Bowl.   Talk about taking the wind out of our sails.   Freeze would be OK ,  but I do not trust him to keep us off probation. 

Yep. Or a month long search for head coach at a top 15 job with brand new facilities ends with just a random NFL QB coach. I’d wait as long as possible to announce that too 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

I just hope Freeze stops with the cringe faux religious speak

(Edit to add: and stop with the escorts, obviously)

Oh I dunno bout that. There’s quite a few faux religious folks on here lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

That can’t be true [yellow font]
 

@Barnacle, it looks like me and you will be the only ones in the stands 

I'm on board with hiring Freeze as well. The deeper I dug into Kiffin sounded like he would be our Jimbo. I'd rather give Freeze a chance to rebuild, then reset IF he fails without paying an absurd buyout.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trying to look at some positives if this comes to pass:

1) we would get an extremely motivated, hungry Hugh Freeze ready to rebuild his image in the SEC

2) probably higher likelihood of retaining staff members. Can't imagine he wants to retain much of the Liberty staff when he will have clearly better options here

3) financially sound decision. We have all of the leverage on the first deal. Probably the best ROI out there

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

People better give  @WarTimand @NWALA Tiger there flowers if this becomes reality 

It's all good,  my man.... Been following AU a long time. All the talk about everything at AU being aligned is cool and all, but it always comes down to whoever the " BIG CHIEF" at the time   (think ol Yella Feller) wants. His favorite was Danny Hugh... That's the way its been at AU for 40 yrs.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Trying to look at some positives if this comes to pass:

1) we would get an extremely motivated, hungry Hugh Freeze ready to rebuild his image in the SEC

2) probably higher likelihood of retaining staff members. Can't imagine he wants to retain much of the Liberty staff when he will have clearly better options here

3) financially sound decision. We have all of the leverage on the first deal. Probably the best ROI out there

 

All 3 points are valid

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

People better give  @WarTimand @NWALA Tiger there flowers if this becomes reality 

I am perfectly fine with Freeze . Probably in the slim minority. He has a better win percentage than LK and probably very driven to prove his doubters wrong. I just think if u wasn’t worried about Auburn basketball going on probation than u shouldn’t worry about football.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

which is saying something considering we now have paying players and basic free agency.

I am not totally against Freeze, and my s***ty opinion will not effect the outcome in anyway.   I like the man as a coach,  my gut is telling me to run away.  I will support him,  but something just feels "off" about that man to me.  When I get to know him  more,  that may change. 

 Saw this posted on another board... "Once a cheater always a cheater."    Almost invariably,  I have found that to be true.  

  It is not just about money and NIL.   There are still rules.   Probation can come from issues that do not involve money at all.   It may take me a while to warn up to the idea of Freeze as head coach.  It may be a while before I will not be nervous about what is going on behind the scenes if HF is coach.

I am OK  with it, but I hope he give me reason to LOVE him as a coach. 

WDE

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, e808 said:

I am perfectly fine with Freeze . Probably in the slim minority. He has a better win percentage than LK and probably very driven to prove his doubters wrong. I just think if u wasn’t worried about Auburn basketball going on probation than u shouldn’t worry about football.

Yeah like I said. The spin for CLK was amazing me. People will be disappointed but I think come the next two seasons people are going to be pleasantly surprised with Freeze if this goes down .

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I am not totally against Freeze, and my s***ty opinion will not effect the outcome in anyway.   I like the man as a coach,  my gut is telling me to run away.  I will support him,  but something just feels "off" about that man to me.  When I get to know him  more,  that may change. 

 Saw this posted on another board... "Once a cheater always a cheater."    Almost invariably,  I have found that to be true.  

  It is not just about money and NIL.   There are still rules.   Probation can come from issues that do not involve money at all.   It may take me a while to warn up to the idea of Freeze as head coach.  It may be a while before I will not be nervous about what is going on behind the scenes if HF is coach.

 

WDE

I think a lot of folks feel this way. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Can accept Freeze but I wonder how he answered Cohens 58 questions 🤷🏽‍♂️

He is more of a 99 problems kind of guy lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah like I said. The spin for CLK was amazing me. People will be disappointed but I think come the next two seasons people are going to be pleasantly surprised with Freeze if this goes down .

Totally agree. Our fanbase don't want to hear it, but I believe we dodged a bullet with Kiffin.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am perfectly fine with Freeze . Probably in the slim minority. He has a better win percentage than LK and probably very driven to prove his doubters wrong. I just think if u wasn’t worried about Auburn basketball going on probation than u shouldn’t worry about football.

Yep. Alot of parallels there. And we will be the butt of jokes in the beginning,  just like we were w Bruce. But it will eventually die down

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Can accept Freeze but I wonder how he answered Cohens 58 questions 🤷🏽‍♂️

Maybe they were multiple choice and he’s a good test taker lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, e808 said:

I am perfectly fine with Freeze . Probably in the slim minority. He has a better win percentage than LK and probably very driven to prove his doubters wrong. I just think if u wasn’t worried about Auburn basketball going on probation than u shouldn’t worry about football.

It doesn't matter what he's driven to do. Hitting the portal hard is the only thing that will likely keep any coach we hire away from a losing season next year. Given that Hugh Freeze will turn Auburn into a national laughing stock until the day he posts a winning record, that's going to have his seat heating up much quicker than any other coach we might get. Couple that with going back to a "we do well if they're out of position" offense and Hugh is going to have a seriously short leash with the fanbase. If he's the guy, Auburn has just shown we are not a destination school... but exactly the opposite. I'd rather they just promote Carnell than hire this guy. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Trying to look at some positives if this comes to pass:

1) we would get an extremely motivated, hungry Hugh Freeze ready to rebuild his image in the SEC

2) probably higher likelihood of retaining staff members. Can't imagine he wants to retain much of the Liberty staff when he will have clearly better options here

3) financially sound decision. We have all of the leverage on the first deal. Probably the best ROI out there

 

agree with this. i didn't want freeze, but in the current environment (read jimbo's albatross of a contract) point 3 can't be overstated enough. hopefully Auburn does use that leverage to its advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...