Jay Jacob's comments cause for concern???

AUPride4Ever

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone under the NCAA rule cannot comment on the specifics of what is going on in any investigation. It works like jury duty where the judge strictly forbids you not to discuss any aspects of the case. The NCAA investigation is trying to get to the bottom of a complex situation and having people discussing it only creates more problems. Jay Jacobs comments have to be vague as well as Cam's and Coach Chizik's. (i.e. "Cam Newton is eligible to play for Auburn" well we all know that because he is playing for Auburn as we can clearly see that.) ESPN is looking for someway to get the heat deflected. Mullen stated the people (organizations) that need to know already know what happened. That tells me the NCAA, Cam, Cecil, AU athletics dept, Bond, Rogers, Mullen, etc. know exactly what has happened. The more to come that I was thinking of is the slander and misrepresentation of facts that has caused Cam, Cecil, and AU publicity and maybe monetary problems. Thats where there could be more to come.  

Just as I said before the season, just before A-Day, that there was something special about Cam Newton and by 3 games into the season he would be on top of everyones list of QB's. I tell you that this is nothing. ESPN hates us and this is a MS State/sour grapes problem.

Urban Meyer in his prozac/klonapin/trazadone daze is somewhere in the I am lost without Tebow end of it.

WE ARE FINE!! LETS BEAT GEORGIA!!

Just as I said before the season, just before A-Day, that there was something special about Cam Newton and by 3 games into the season he would be on top of everyones list of QB's. I tell you that this is nothing. ESPN hates us and this is a MS State/sour grapes problem.

Urban Meyer in his prozac/klonapin/trazadone daze is somewhere in the I am lost without Tebow end of it.

:laugh: :laugh:AMEN!

I wouldn't go that far, as long as Lowder is on our Board of Trustees then I worry about this type of thing happening

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/trustees/

Let's not get pissed at ESPN, they are only doing what they know best.....reporting the biggest story in College Football

Im down... WAR EAGLE.

I wouldn't go that far, as long as Lowder is on our Board of Trustees then I worry about this type of thing happening

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/trustees/

Let's not get pissed at ESPN, they are only doing what they know best.....reporting the biggest story in College Football

I could go with that if they were going with the biggest story in FBS, but they are not. From day 1 they have ignored the facts and attacked Cam and Auburn, ignored the facts and hardly mentioned MSU except when they have to use it to point out that Cam and Auburn may be dirty. they have drug Auburn and Cam through the mud when if you look at the facts that are there, really doesn't concern us that much. their coverage of this story is crap and the way the attack us on a daily basis is not reporting the story.

Urban Meyer has that "Out to Lunch" look on the sidelines. :laugh:

Urban Meyer has that "Out to Lunch" look on the sidelines. :laugh:

He has that I lost my Tebow and didnt realize that Tebow wore Cam Newton PJ's and I ran him off look

I was not thrilled with JJ's response, but oh well. I still have a difficult time believing he would've let him play all of this time and then suddenly take him out. If he was ever ineligible, then he already participated in such games. The only thing I can think of is if we make it to Atlanta and the coaches take him out so that any such SEC Championship would not be in question if the NCAA made any such rulings in the future.

For all of you who proclaimed this is not a one man team and that this team would be a better passing team and similar team overall with Trotter, you may have your chance to be able to brag a bit. Or admit you were being a sunshine pumper beforehand. Hopefully it won't come down to this.

Personally, I'd rather USC it and just let Cam play. If in 3 years they find something out, play the "who cares, it was 3 years ago" statement and enjoy the victories when they took place.

I'm not thrilled either.  :banghead:

:wareagle:

One of the guys on College Football Live just read a statement from Jay Jacobs regarding the Cam Newton situation. In it, JJ stated that the investigation is ongoing (we all knew this). Now, the guy giving the update went on to say that although Cam is eligible to play at this time, JJ could not state whether is eligibility would continue at Auburn. Is ESPN just setting up more drama or could we really be looking at a situation where the NCAA forces us to bench him for the remainder of the year???? Is Auburn now being investigated???

We'd win SEC without Cam, but would be a shame if he was held back.

whoever asked jj the qusstion is stupid. the answer should have been "well if i thought he would eventually be ineligible we would not be playing him." you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer. i think this whole thing is pure shat.

Who would we start? Trotter or Burns if Cam is held out?

[sarcasm]I think Trovon Reed should start at QB.  Either him or LaDarius Phillips.  Hey, anyone know why we haven't seen them play yet???[/sarcasm]

CAM NEWTON IS OUR STARTING QB.   :banghead:

Who would we start? Trotter or Burns if Cam is held out?

[sarcasm]I think Trovon Reed should start at QB.  Either him or LaDarius Phillips.  Hey, anyone know why we haven't seen them play yet???[/sarcasm]

CAM NEWTON IS OUR STARTING QB.   :banghead:

^^^I approve this message^^^

This is just one more reason why I don't like Jacobs as our AD.

What are the others?

He didn't hire Turner Gill, obviously =)

This is just one more reason why I don't like Jacobs as our AD.

What are the others?

He didn't hire Turner Gill, obviously =)

:laugh:  :laugh: I thought it was because Gene Chizik was the worst choice ever in the history of football?  :tease:

Archived