Trent at NEW HOME (Ttown Menswear Connection)

auburntiger77

OK, OK, it is SBB, but that does not mean it is not true...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/rogue-boosters-photo-trent-at-the-new-home-29855

Disassociated Alabama booster Tom Al-Betar posted the below photo of Alabama football star Trent Richardson to his now-deleted Facebook page on February 11, 2011:

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/a/6/a61fccda3f4ddece6449194b56f2bade_trentrichardsonatthenewhome.jpg

The description of the photo on Al-Betar’s Facebook page read, “Trent and his new Dog at the new home!”

That caption was followed by a comment by Al-Betar which noted of Richardson, “Mr. big # have new dig.”

Richardson and/or his likeness has now been seen in subsequently-deleted Facebook photographs posted by Al-Betar:

1) In the above picture in which Al-Betar describes Richardson as being “at the new home!”

2) Inside Al-Betar’s T-Town Menswear store in Tuscaloosa repeatedly signing items used by Al-Betar as promotional store displays.

3) Inside Al-Betar’s T-Town Menswear store in Tuscaloosa signing multiple personalized memorabilia items for Al-Betar - some of which matched items for sale at an online auction site and a Birmingham mall kiosk.

4) Inside Al-Betar’s T-Town Menswear store in Tuscaloosa being fitted for - and picking up - new suits.

5) Out to dinner with Al-Betar on at least four different occasions. (Including at his own birthday party.)

And don’t forget Al-Betar confirming on video that he sells Alabama memorabilia inside his T-Town Menswear store - while standing in front of a storefront sign which reads, “‘Bama memorabilia DISPLAY ONLY NOT FOR SALE.”

With the photo-documented evidence of Richardson’s relationship with Al-Betar, court records of Richardson mother Katrina’s rental car-fueled 2010 move to Alabama, Richardson’s adoptive brother confirmed as member of the 2009 Brooks (AL) High School football team and now the “new home” photo posted by disassociated booster Al-Betar, might it be time for NCAA rules enforcement investigators to seek some answers from the University of Alabama?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bammer players could be running a drug ring out of the lockerroom and the media wouldn't report it. If the evidence that has come out isn't enough for the NCAA to at least look into it, it won't matter what bammer does. They will get away with it.

The bammer players could be running a drug ring out of the lockerroom and the media wouldn't report it. If the evidence that has come out isn't enough for the NCAA to at least look into it, it won't matter what bammer does. They will get away with it.

Actually, I think that was the ath complex parking lot.

Actually, I think that was the ath complex parking lot.

Crap you're right! That was Jimmy Johns wasn't it?  :laugh:

The Updykes are so lucky, I bet even if one of their star players could get caught beating up a girl, get arrested for it, and not only get off with no charges....I bet the girl's dad would even shove her in front of a bus and yell Ro** Ti** outside the courtroom when the player walked! 

I personally applaud TR's mom for working so hard and pinching every penny to provide a good home (just outside of BHam, not terribly far from the UAT campus) for her family, and her son's family (and apparently the new family dog).  I also congratulate for budgeting her (undisclosed) salary to not only be able to afford a $40,000 SUV for her student athlete son...but she also tucks enough away to rent 2010 Toyota's from time to time (and pay for the speeding tickets).  And she still has enough left over to take the family out to dinner on occasion!  This lady should be celebrated folks, not criticized.  We should all envy her budgeting prowess. 

It's sort of funny that when SBB wrote about Cam, BSPN would run with the story and quote SBB.....but BSPN is mighty quiet on the latest SBB postings.  Maybe they received a gag order from the REC.  :-X

It's sort of funny that when SBB wrote about Cam, BSPN would run with the story and quote SBB.....but BSPN is mighty quiet on the latest SBB postings.  Maybe they received a gag order from the REC.  :-X

Maybe they realized that SBB was full of crap and couldn't be trusted for the information he spewed about good people.  NOTHING came from the Cam stories, and every media outlet got burned when absolutely nothing ever surfaced from the multiple allegations that were thrown out about the Newton family.

Pictures are a part of this story. People make jokes and some people will take them as serious on a message board. I doubt you'll find many people here who enjoy sbb, BUT, we don't have to like him for the pictures to do their work.

Rumor is one thing, a college kid with a 40k car and a mom who has the earning capacity of my dog living in a house that she can't pay for is somewhat different. I'm not putting her down, but a fact is a fact.

Maybe they realized that SBB was full of crap and couldn't be trusted for the information he spewed about good people.  NOTHING came from the Cam stories, and every media outlet got burned when absolutely nothing ever surfaced from the multiple allegations that were thrown out about the Newton family.

Well said. BSPN learned their lesson with the Cam misinformation and will not go down that path again.  Unlike some of our members here who are willing to believe anything put out about our rivals  by SSB and disbelieve bogus info he displayed on us.

Said while explaining away a kid with a 40k dollar car and a house the mother couldn't pay for in a 100 years. :laugh:

Yes, somebody explain this. A 2011 model? TT, some choose to look past the obvious. Baffling.

Pictures are a part of this story. People make jokes and some people will take them as serious on a message board. I doubt you'll find many people here who enjoy sbb, BUT, we don't have to like him for the pictures to do their work.

Rumor is one thing, a college kid with a 40k car and a mom who has the earning capacity of my dog living in a house that she can't pay for is somewhat different. I'm not putting her down, but a fact is a fact.

SBB is not the initial source on Rent-a Trent and the houses for his family. It was discussed here a while back. So I do believe that there are more solid facts to back this particular series up. It's not just rumor and innuendo. There are people in NW AL who were aware of the illegal benefits that Trent's family received. There's actual film of a bammer booster at Trent's house at some kind of celebration....maybe a graduation party?

All this story needs is one or two investigative journalists who lives outside the state, and who have the guts to actually do a story on the bammer system of paying players and their families. It wouldn't be all that hard to dig up enough to make a name for themselves.

It seems like someone could file suit against the NCAA for allowing bama to cheat, while they punish all the other schools. Use legal action to force them to investigate.

Chizhead, do you know this to be true?

Do you think any of this information hasn't made it to the Yahoo Sports team?

That is what I am wondering. Has this and the Yukon stuff made it to Charles Robinson. I am all for making sure he sees all this info. We need someone like him to get involved. It's evident that the NCAA isn't going to do anything. Most likely because "shorty" has friends in the NCAA. SbB and Clay aren't going to get anything done just report things that look/sound suspicious or rumors.

Chizhead, do you know this to be true?

Do you think any of this information hasn't made it to the Yahoo Sports team?

That is what I am wondering. Has this and the Yukon stuff made it to Charles Robinson. I am all for making sure he sees all this info. We need someone like him to get involved. It's evident that the NCAA isn't going to do anything. Most likely because "shorty" has friends in the NCAA. SbB and Clay aren't going to get anything done just report things that look/sound suspicious or rumors.

SBB and Clay are douche bags(sorry douche bags, didn't mean to offend). This is why they aren't getting attention. They're too lazy to do actual investigative journalism and aren't being taken seriously. I fully believe that an Auburn fan somewhere is feeding them this info. I believe bama is squarely in Robinson's sights and I was disheartened that the Yahoo10 was Miami and not them but I understand why.

It will never hurt for people to send them the info, even if it has already been sent.

CT has been on yahoo sports and their radio shows several times about the TTMW and TR stories. It was said a while back that CT was passing his info on to someone big who was going to do a bigger story. But I don't know if he really said that or not. If this story has real legs then you can bet CR is on it after all the hype Yahoo got for the UM story. Yahoo is trying to get bigger right now with their stories. Bama is as big as it gets right now and would be a huge story. With all the cars, suits, houses, disassociating Tom, and so on this would be bigger than the SMU crap and would probably be the biggest scandal in NCAA history.

Archived