2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

Guest jrljr

Carl Lawson was the number 1 DL at Rivals

He should be the #1 overall player.

If he performs tomorrow like he did today he will win MVP and will really start making people question whether Nkemdiche is better than him.

He is better. I said so earlier and I got scolded. It may have had more to do with my personal description of RN though.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he performs tomorrow like he did today he will win MVP and will really start making people question whether Nkemdiche is better than him.

He is better. I said so earlier and I got scolded. It may have had more to do with my personal description of RN though.

Why do you say that with such finality? Now, I don't know, but what I do know is that Lawson is showing up anyone and everyone around him..

Guest jrljr

If he performs tomorrow like he did today he will win MVP and will really start making people question whether Nkemdiche is better than him.w

He is better. I said so earlier and I got scolded. It may have had

more to do with my personal description of RN though.

w

Why do you say that with such finality? Now, I don't know, but what I do know is that Lawson is showing up anyone and everyone around him..

Red, ive watched both guys play and seen alot of film, IMO Lawson is the better athlete. He is stronger and just as fast. I believe he has a higher ceiling. He seems to have a better (and smaller) head on his shoulders as well and I will stop there. RN is a great player, I just believe Lawson is better.

SIAP, but this free video of Carl Lawson is awesome: http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/5-Star-Focus-Carl-Lawson-1105029.

Love how he seems to play the entire game in the opposing O's backfield. Love how he plays the run as well as rushing the passer. Can't wait til he arrives!

:wareagle:

If he performs tomorrow like he did today he will win MVP and will really start making people question whether Nkemdiche is better than him.w

w

Red, ive watched both guys play and seen alot of film, IMO Lawson is the better athlete. He is stronger and just as fast. I believe he has a higher ceiling. He seems to have a better (and smaller) head on his shoulders as well and I will stop there. RN is a great player, I just believe Lawson is better.

I totally agree, and I have seen both play live a few times.

w

Ah, I misunderstood; I thought you were saying Nkemdiche was the better of the two. Apologies.

Guest jrljr

w

Ah, I misunderstood; I thought you were saying Nkemdiche was the better of the two. Apologies.

Personally, I don't see how he's ranked above Lawson or Adams at DL, and Foster is without a doubt the best 2013 recruit in the nation hands down!!!

Guest EagleDamnWar

Lawson hurt his groin so didn't play much today but I think he gets the top overall player award based on performance from yesterday.

Personally, I don't see how he's ranked above Lawson or Adams at DL, and Foster is without a doubt the best 2013 recruit in the nation hands down!!!

Is that coming from how he performed at the camp? Kinda hard to believe anyone looked as good as Lawson.

He was a man among boys out there.

Is that coming from how he performed at the camp? Kinda hard to believe anyone looked as good as Lawson.

He was a man among boys out there.

No, he's talking about Robert N. Seems like some discussion may be picking up at rivals about whether Carl Lawson or R Foster may deserve that number 1 spot. Personally, I have no idea. Lawson appears to really show out at these camps, but Lawson has exceptional speed and explosiveness. A first step that blows people away. However Lawson is 258lbs and may need to impress some more as a run stopper when they put on the pads this fall. Looking at Lawson's build though, he has some dang tree trunks for legs and huge defined quads. Just looks very powerful and he will grow into the 265 range sooner rather than later most likely. A little added weight, with his tree trunk lower body and not being an especially tall (6'3) DE, and he has the tools to crush against the run and be the total package. People have realized this and that is the reason for the consideration as a top 5 or maybe even #1 overall 2012 recruit.

Guest EagleDamnWar

Sorry, that was directed at the idea that Reuben Foster should be the #1 recruit. I know he didn't play much yesterday, was curious about how he performed during the 7v7.

Foster had an INT but was hindered by the knee injury.  Played the first two games and sat out 3rd and championship game.

Lawson will be visiting Texas as one of his officials.

Sorry, that was directed at the idea that Reuben Foster should be the #1 recruit. I know he didn't play much yesterday, was curious about how he performed during the 7v7.

Foster had an INT but was hindered by the knee injury.  Played the first two games and sat out 3rd and championship game.

:banghead:

Remain calm.

Remain calm.

I live in Texas and I've been to Austin quite a bit and let's just say that it's up there with our campus

Guest EagleDamnWar

Remain calm.

I live in Texas and I've been to Austin quite a bit and let's just say that it's up there with our campus

Lawson has already said he will take all officials.  I am guessing USC, Texas, Tenn will be three.

Guest jrljr

All bias aside, I honestly believe both Lawson and Foster will end up with better careers than Nkemdiche. Im not so sre that maybe Adams and Liner arent just as good maybe better. Nkemdiche is very good but I believe these camps are proving my point.

Remain calm.

Remain calm.

Remain calm.

Remain calm.

Haha I'm calm  :we:

Remain calm.

Austin is a great city.  The campus on the other hand cannot compare, IMO.

Remain calm.

Remain calm.

Haha I'm calm  :we:

My man!!!!! :we:

Archived