2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

That was Liner's first lost in two years in one on one's and he still didn't lose but 2 or 3 this weekend.  He beat on the O-lineman from Prattville who's committed to FSU so bad it made people question was he a D-1 player, and he's very good.  He's D-tackle size and is just as quick as the other guys.  He's certainly on their level.  I say he will be the #2 best player out of the group.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dee Liner is the absolute truth, this class is stacked with DL...I think there are 5 ranked in the top 15. He has a very good and solid camp, it wasn't earth shattering like Lawson's but it was still good enough for nobody to question his ranking/rating.

Dee Liner is the absolute truth, this class is stacked with DL...I think there are 5 ranked in the top 15. He has a very good and solid camp, it wasn't earth shattering like Lawson's but it was still good enough for nobody to question his ranking/rating.

Yeah i think Liner is about where he should be, in the top 15, but definitely proved he's a 5*.

That was Liner's first lost in two years in one on one's and he still didn't lose but 2 or 3 this weekend.  He beat on the O-lineman from Prattville who's committed to FSU so bad it made people question was he a D-1 player, and he's very good.  He's D-tackle size and is just as quick as the other guys.  He's certainly on their level.  I say he will be the #2 best player out of the group.

I have watched every one of Austin Golston's games at Prattville and he is far from very good, descent at best. However, the point remains like KK said Dee showed himself well this weekend and is definitely a top 15 player in this class.

Don't forget about Reuben Foster.

He's been referenced throughout this thread, specifically the last several pages, but I take it that you haven't read that.

Easy TW. Even though 21 did not quote it in his reply his post was in reply to RedTop's post about Robert N, Lawson, Monty, and Liner battling for the #1 overall spot in the 2013 class. @1 was just making a very valid point that Foster should be included in that discussion.

ellitor, please don't ruin my attempt to be the resident a-hole.

That is all.

:we:

As we get deeper into the summer camp season it is becoming very clear that as many as 4, and possibly more, may have a legit case for the top spot overall when all is said and done. RN,CL,DL,MA. Thoughts?

Ugh, you must have not gotten the memo "that only an 'Auburn Commitment' is worthy of the #1 overall ranking."

If you are referring to my post, I have watched film on all these kids and watched some play live. CL and RF are without a doubt better than RN. MA and DL are at least as good is what I inferred. MA and RF are not AU commits.

Please, change the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

He's been referenced throughout this thread, specifically the last several pages, but I take it that you haven't read that.

LMAO!  Dude u must have had a bad night.  cheer up

Not at all, kind sir.

Some of you still can't quite "get" my personality.

I love you all.

I do, promise.

LMAO!  Dude u must have had a bad night.  cheer up

Not at all, kind sir.

Some of you still can't quite "get" my personality.

I love you all.

I do, promise.

Please use yellow or some type smiley for those of us who are internet sarcastically impaired and have to hear a person's voice to know if they are being sarcastic or not.

Sorry, that was directed at the idea that Reuben Foster should be the #1 recruit. I know he didn't play much yesterday, was curious about how he performed during the 7v7.

Foster had an INT but was hindered by the knee injury.  Played the first two games and sat out 3rd and championship game.

Lawson will be visiting Texas as one of his officials.

:banghead:

can u really be mad at a kid for wanting to go on 5 trips to colleges for free? i sure cant. if i was a highly touted recruit i would commit to auburn and take my 5 officials at colleges way away just for the experience. i wouldnt even take an official to auburn cause i would already know thats where i wanted to be and they wouldnt need to spend their money on me. official visits arent the ones to worry about its when a kid goes to visit a college for ever away and he and his family have to pay for it. thats when u know the kid is actually thinking about going there

The 5 trips I would go on would be Hawaii(amazing place), USC(L.A.), Texas(Just so Mack Brown can waste money on me), Meechigan(Love the history), and AU(Best place to be).

Is Liner actually THAT good?

I mean, I've seen a little film on him, and he looks great, but just not on a CL/MA/RN level.

I haven't watched anything on Adams or Nkemdiche, but I can't agree with what most seem to be saying; no, I don't think he's on the same level as Lawson. But that's just because no one else is, either. KK is right: Liner is probably right about where he should be. Lawson will be moving up.

Watching the video on Carl from the camp, I can tell you that he is unstoppable.  He is so fast and strong, the only guy that could slow him down was Khaliel Rodgers, and Lawson beat him too in the end.

I know. I was speaking directly to Redtops question on who should be number 1. RF wasn't included in list of candidates.

I have watched every one of Austin Golston's games at Prattville and he is far from very good, descent at best. However, the point remains like KK said Dee showed himself well this weekend and is definitely a top 15 player in this class.

Well he tricked alot of schools including us, but forget I even brought him up.  I have watched Dee since pop warner.  I have seen all his home games and quite a few away he is very good.  Lawson is good.  May very well be the best but saying nobody is on his level is funny to me.  Eyes haven't always been on him.  He is just now getting all of this.  Dee been doing this for a couple years now and just now had an "bad" camp (his bad is great for most guys) but I'm biased I guess I can't wait until it's not camps anymore and it's pads and football.  Watch what Dee do in his career.  No doubt in my mind

Well he tricked alot of schools including us, but forget I even brought him up.

He did not trick us. There is a reason us and Bammer backed off Golston. This weekend proved why.

And yet in February, the media will have an article where it will say we recruited the Prattville OL heavily and lost out to FSU!!

YEP!!! I am agreeing with someone from Hoover...Who'd a thunk it?!

If we offered and he's barely decent I'd say that was tricking us.  But like I said I was talking about Dee I don't care about a tackle for prattville

Guest RedtopsAndTigers

In my OP I should have indicated that I was pointing out how loaded this class is at Def. Line. That is why I didnt list RF with the others. However you are correct Flames, he stands a very good chance of being #1 overall.

Guest EagleDamnWar

when does rivals come out with new rankings? i know they just did not long ago, but interested to see where carl jumps too. as well as ernest robinson.

Some time in august.

Guest jrljr

Is Liner actually THAT good?

I mean, I've seen a little film on him, and he looks great, but just not on a CL/MA/RN level.

I haven't watched anything on Adams or Nkemdiche, but I can't agree with what most seem to be saying; no, I don't think he's on the same level as Lawson. But that's just because no

one else is, either. KK is right: Liner is probably right about where he should be. Lawson will be moving up.

While I am not a paid recruiting "expert", I have played and watched a'lot of football in my 42 years. IMO it would be a tie between Foster and Lawson for #1. After that a case could be made for a number of guys as to who are the top ten. But both of those guys have superior  I

strength, speed and agility for their size that it really isn't fair. I mean Lawson is 17 YO and

benches 460!!! And Foster is like being hit by a dump truck. Dudes are sick. I thank God I never had to play against either one and I was 6' 2"/225lbs when I graduated.

Archived