2013 5* DE Carl Lawson signs with AU!

AUTUmike

Sorry, that was directed at the idea that Reuben Foster should be the #1 recruit. I know he didn't play much yesterday, was curious about how he performed during the 7v7.

Foster had an INT but was hindered by the knee injury.  Played the first two games and sat out 3rd and championship game.

Lawson will be visiting Texas as one of his officials.

:banghead:

Remain calm.

I live in Texas and I've been to Austin quite a bit and let's just say that it's up there with our campus

Remain calm.

Haha I'm calm  :we:

My man!!!!! :we:

:thumbsup:

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, that was directed at the idea that Reuben Foster should be the #1 recruit. I know he didn't play much yesterday, was curious about how he performed during the 7v7.

Foster had an INT but was hindered by the knee injury.  Played the first two games and sat out 3rd and championship game.

Remain calm.

I live in Texas and I've been to Austin quite a bit and let's just say that it's up there with our campus

Austin is a great city.  The campus on the other hand cannot compare, IMO.

Tend to agree. Dated a girl from there for a little while (few months long distance) that went to UT. Spent about a month there off and on over a 6 month period. The city of Austin and surrounding area is pretty ok. 6th Street, Lake Travis and Lake Austin, etc. But it is not much of a campus or college town at all. Very spread out, somewhat urban, not pretty. Just not a "college town".

Guest RedtopsAndTigers

As we get deeper into the summer camp season it is becoming very clear that as many as 4, and possibly more, may have a legit case for the top spot overall when all is said and done. RN,CL,DL,MA. Thoughts?

As we get deeper into the summer camp season it is becoming very clear that as many as 4, and possibly more, may have a legit case for the top spot overall when all is said and done. RN,CL,DL,MA. Thoughts?

I think CL tops RN for the #1 spot

I think CL tops RN for the #1 spot

We will find out when CL and RN go head to head at The Opening on July 5th.

I personally think that in two years, CL will have every QB in the nation scared to death, especially since he just proved that there isn't an o-lineman his age who can stop him, and guess what class will proly be starting against CL in two years?  Also, its hard to double team CL, Liner, AND Bowers for sure.  Not to mention the fact that we may or may not get Montravius Adams, and I am sure if we dont get Adams we WILL get another top D-line prospect.  Its gonna be ugly my friends so ugly.  I can'y wait.  I figure  :devil:  will retire the year before so he does not have to see it. :aufb:

I personally think that in two years, CL will have every QB in the nation scared to death, especially since he just proved that there isn't an o-lineman his age who can stop him, and guess what class will proly be starting against CL in two years?  Also, its hard to double team CL, Liner, AND Bowers for sure.  Not to mention the fact that we may or may not get Montravius Adams, and I am sure if we dont get Adams we WILL get another top D-line prospect.  Its gonna be ugly my friends so ugly.  I can'y wait.  I figure  :devil:  will retire the year before so he does not have to see it. :aufb:

Uh...I would guess last year and the year before, because they'll be redshirt sophomores to seniors...

Uh...I would guess last year and the year before, because they'll be redshirt sophomores to seniors...

That depends on how good they are, cause if they are great, they will have gone pro  :P

You will not burst this bubble of mine. :party:

That depends on how good they are, cause if they are great, they will have gone pro  :P

You will not burst this bubble of mine. :party:

Well, I'm not saying Lawson won't be dominant, but in two years, last year's class will have to wait another year before they are eligible to enter the draft (not eligible until three full years after high school class graduates), and most offensive linemen, even the best ones (like Westerman and Robinson, for example) generally redshirt to get ready for the new level.

The thing is that when Lawson is a freshman, while he may or may not start (mainly depending upon whether Lemonier goes pro or not, I'd say), he'll play, and he'll show up a lot of players who are older than him. By the time he's a junior, provided he doesn't run into any injury problems, he'll probably be projected as a top 5 pick in the draft.

Well, what I meant was actually Lawson's sophomore season, sorry for not actually saying that.  That is why I said that many of the players he competed against will likely be playing.  Now will those be the ONLY starters he is against, of course not, that is silly, but will many of them be starting, that is fairly probable.  But I do understand and agree that not all of his opposition will be from the same class.

Well, what I meant was actually Lawson's sophomore season, sorry for not actually saying that.  That is why I said that many of the players he competed against will likely be playing.  Now will those be the ONLY starters he is against, of course not, that is silly, but will many of them be starting, that is fairly probable.  But I do understand and agree that not all of his opposition will be from the same class.

Well, I guess what I'm getting at is that since he is almost certainly not going to redshirt and probably 90% of the offensive linemen in this class will, then when he's a sophomore, the O-linemen will still be freshmen. Now, there will be some of them who earn a spot as redshirt freshmen, but not too many. He probably won't face a majority of players his age or younger until he's a junior, and by then he'll be straight unstoppable.

Ugh, I can promise that if you were arguably the #1 player in the nation you, too, would want to take all your official visits and be treated like a king. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity and I don't blame him in the least bit.

Ugh, you must have not gotten the memo "that only an 'Auburn Commitment' is worthy of the #1 overall ranking."

Don't forget about Reuben Foster.

He's been referenced throughout this thread, specifically the last several pages, but I take it that you haven't read that.

He's been referenced throughout this thread, specifically the last several pages, but I take it that you haven't read that.

Easy TW. Even though 21 did not quote it in his reply his post was in reply to RedTop's post about Robert N, Lawson, Monty, and Liner battling for the #1 overall spot in the 2013 class. 21 was just making a very valid point that Foster should be included in that discussion.

can u really be mad at a kid for wanting to go on 5 trips to colleges for free? i sure cant. if i was a highly touted recruit i would commit to auburn and take my 5 officials at colleges way away just for the experience. i wouldnt even take an official to auburn cause i would already know thats where i wanted to be and they wouldnt need to spend their money on me. official visits arent the ones to worry about its when a kid goes to visit a college for ever away and he and his family have to pay for it. thats when u know the kid is actually thinking about going there

Guest jrljr

Ugh, you must have not gotten the memo "that only an 'Auburn Commitment' is worthy of the #1 overall ranking."

If you are referring to my post, I have watched film on all these kids and watched some play live. CL and RF are without a doubt better than RN. MA and DL are at least as good is what I inferred. MA and RF are not AU commits.

LMAO!  Dude u must have had a bad night.  cheer up

Archived