Auburn at South Alabama

AA

Anybody from the Mobile area planning on going? I will be there. Look for the tattoos  :laugh:

AA if everything goes right I should be taking my 9 year old over from Gulf Breeze, FL to see his first AU baseball game. He does not know yet going to surprise him tomorrow.

AA if everything goes right I should be taking my 9 year old over from Gulf Breeze, FL to see his first AU baseball game. He does not know yet going to surprise him tomorrow.

Awesome surprise.

your a breezer!!!!!

Odd postponement. It's been sunny in daphne all day.

You must be a good sunshine pumper.    :cool:

:laugh: Indeed.

I thought  the canceling was very strange. I only saw one short drizzle of a rain yesterday  :dunno:  Wonder if they will make it up? Aubie, sorry it didn't work out. That would have been a good surprise for your kid

A four win team, a four hour drive each way, 500 people in the stands...yep...looks like rain to me.  :thumbsup:

this gives me the impression that both coaches decided that there was no good to come from this game with the conference seasons impending.  particularly with the slightest possibility that the game could get canceled (at least for legit reasons)

I thought  the canceling was very strange. I only saw one short drizzle of a rain yesterday  :dunno:   Wonder if they will make it up? Aubie, sorry it didn't work out. That would have been a good surprise for your kid

Well we made it to Stanky Field to find out the game was cancelled. My 9 year old was relly bummed, started crying. I decided to take him up to try and get a look at the field for him and hopefully cheer him up. As we were trying to peek through the fence a young man came up and asked if we would like a closer look. Turns out his name was Colin Bray Freshman player for south. He took us in to let my son look around and then asked if he would like to see the locker room. Got the tour of the locker room and player lounge. Colin gave my son a pair of Reabok sweat bands from his locker and they talked a bit. Colin turned what looked like was going to be a bad trip for my son into something that we will both always have great memories about. And my son says he now has 2 favorite teams AU and USA.

I thought  the canceling was very strange. I only saw one short drizzle of a rain yesterday  :dunno:   Wonder if they will make it up? Aubie, sorry it didn't work out. That would have been a good surprise for your kid

Well we made it to Stanky Field to find out the game was cancelled. My 9 year old was relly bummed, started crying. I decided to take him up to try and get a look at the field for him and hopefully cheer him up. As we were trying to peek through the fence a young man came up and asked if we would like a closer look. Turns out his name was Colin Bray Freshman player for south. He took us in to let my son look around and then asked if he would like to see the locker room. Got the tour of the locker room and player lounge. Colin gave my son a pair of Reabok sweat bands from his locker and they talked a bit. Colin turned what looked like was going to be a bad trip for my son into something that we will both always have great memories about. And my son says he now has 2 favorite teams AU and USA.

you should pass that along to the usa coaches/athletic department.  they probably already know colin is a stand up kid, if he does something as nice as this, but a reinforcer would be worth it.  the part about your son being a usa fan now, is a cool addition to this story!

Nice to see people from the panhandle on here!

Nice story Aubie

you should pass that along to the usa coaches/athletic department.  they probably already know colin is a stand up kid, if he does something as nice as this, but a reinforcer would be worth it.  the part about your son being a usa fan now, is a cool addition to this story!

I have sent an email to Couch Calvi letting him know how much I appreciate what Colin did for us and how happy it made my son. I hope he actually reads it. My son has been wearing the sweat bands ever since. Gonna have to make him take them off come bath time.

I have sent an email to Couch Calvi letting him know how much I appreciate what Colin did for us and how happy it made my son. I hope he actually reads it. My son has been wearing the sweat bands ever since. Gonna have to make him take them off come bath time.

What a great story!

That's AWESOME!!! Great to hear stories like that! :thumbsup:

I have sent an email to Coach Calvi letting him know how much I appreciate what Colin did for us and how happy it made my son. I hope he actually reads it. My son has been wearing the sweat bands ever since. Gonna have to make him take them off come bath time.

That's AWESOME!!! Great to hear stories like that! :thumbsup:

Response from my email to Coach Calvi, Head Baseball Coach South Alabama

My son is so excited.

Thank you or the email. We tried everything to get/keep the field playable, but as usual, Mother Nature won with her 5 inches of rain in 4 days. Colin Bray is a wonderful person and player. Plus he's tough as nails!!..Please send me your home address if you can. If you would ever like to come to any games, just shoot me an email and I will put you on my personal pass list. Hope to meet you and Aaron one day soon. 

Mark Calvi

Head Baseball Coach

University of South Alabama

Awesome story. The coach and player both come across as true class acts. Heck, I'll be an honorary USA baseball fan after hearing that.

Funny how the best story (by far) of the Auburn baseball season is from a game that wasn't played.  Coach Calvi and Colin Bray are awesome reminders of what's great about college athletics.

Archived