2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jrjr a smart man. Our TE will be a huge part of our offense and OJ knows this.

Absolutely, and I personally believe that if we have any chance to flip OJ then it relies on how many touches and TDs that Lutz gets this year. I'm expecting plenty! WDE!

Jrjr a smart man. Our TE will be a huge part of our offense and OJ knows this.

Absolutely, and I personally believe that if we have any chance to flip OJ then it relies on how many touches and TDs that Lutz gets this year. I'm expecting plenty! WDE!

You are correct, If OJ likes our new TE dependent offense then the odds will increase in our favor. Enough for a flip? Only OJ and our coaches will know.

I am expecting zero info outta OJ until he signs with UAT or flips to AU. IF OJ does flip I would guess that it would be close to NSD and probably no announcement with no warning outta the blue type of switch.

Since OJ is a big Cam fan I would suggest we offer him the #2 jersey, might give him something to think about.

I know our coaches are still on him hard and it wouldn't be impossible to flip but...I think that ship has sailed. I will be picking my jaw up off the floor if OJ does switch to AU.

Oj flipping to Auburn would be like a "kick in the nads" to bama, as opposed to the Foster flip which I would call a "slap in the face."

Even more than that, it would mean 3 of the top 5 players in the country have committed to Auburn. I'm not sure if anything like that has happened before in college football, but I'm certain that nothing even close to that has happened at Auburn. (Cart/horse, chickens/eggs, etc, I know, but it's a hypothetical response to a hypothetical scenario.)

If you want to take something back that you said you can delete your post. It's in th lower right to the left of multi quote.

If you want to take something back that you said you can delete your post. It's in th lower right to the left of multi quote.

I actually highlighted his post. :slapfh:

Me too. lol I was letting him know because we did not have the delete option on AE.

Me too. lol I was letting him know because we did not have the delete option on AE.

He's just boosting his post count. :D

I hope he's thinking along the lines of what we think Tray Matthew's is thinking, ie keep the pressure off as long as possible then flip. That's a lot of thinking, but I think I got it right. That said, Matthews sure seems a lot more likely from what we've seen and heard.

Apparently OJ declined an offer from uat to make an unofficial visit to Dallas for the Michigan game. Does this have any hidden messages or just didn't want to make the trip?

Wouldn't unofficial mean he pays for his own trip?

Yes. I'm sure the REC would unofficially help with his expenses though. I doubt very seriously that a school would want an official visit being made to an off campus game. They want the official visits on campus.

Apparently OJ declined an offer from uat to make an unofficial visit to Dallas for the Michigan game. Does this have any hidden messages or just didn't want to make the trip?

Probably just didn't want to make the trip. That is a pretty good haul. I am sure the REC would "help" him, but with this whole "memphis thing" being looked at by the NCAA, the REC may be looking over their shoulder's right now.

Oj declined an offer from us to visit in the dome..

If that's true, in light of his declining to go to Dallas as well, then I'd say that doesn't look good for us. But I don't know any more than all of you.

kid may just want to get some sleep on a saturday morning. i assume he plays tonight?

he may have something at church sunday he is reponsible for. he is a 5 star recruit. he can decline anything he wants and not skip a beat. he may just be living life outside of football ...

Archived