2013 5* TE O.J. Howard (Alabama signee)

BurtonJ20

This year AUB has won the state recruiting war and believe me satan is holding on strong with OJ. IMO satan will say and do anything to keep the last remaining prize of the 2013 recruits in Alabama. Not saying that OJ will not flip but it would be a major surprise in my view.

I think it is a bit extreme to equate Nick Saban with Satan. I do not mean to get all religious on this board but for a man who is pretty devout in his faith and has mass said before every game, it is very tasteless to call him that especially over a football rivalry. I am the first person to say I am not a fan of how Saban runs his program but let's not take things too far

:laugh:

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This year AUB has won the state recruiting war and believe me satan is holding on strong with OJ. IMO satan will say and do anything to keep the last remaining prize of the 2013 recruits in Alabama. Not saying that OJ will not flip but it would be a major surprise in my view.

I think it is a bit extreme to equate Nick Saban with Satan. I do not mean to get all religious on this board but for a man who is pretty devout in his faith and has mass said before every game, it is very tasteless to call him that especially over a football rivalry. I am the first person to say I am not a fan of how Saban runs his program but let's not take things too far

IF Saban is devout in his faith then his actions need to reflect that, and his certainly DO NOT.  His actions on the sidelines, in the film room, in the locker room, in the offices, and in other places do not reflect a man of great faith.  You do not curse out grad assistants on the 1st day of the job for setting up film study in a manner that they thought was correct (based on how it was done before for Shula).  Saban called them every name in the book, humiliated them in front of the entire NEW coaching staff and some players, and he did all this to let a few 20 - 22 years old boys know who was boss.

And you do not talk down and curse to secretarys who are trying to do the best they can.  Listen, I could name a few other events since he has been at Bama but you show get the idea by now.  A man of faith lives his faith and should be trying to live by the golden rule....."do unto other they way you want them to do to you".  Nick Saban certainly does not, and I don't care if he has mass before games or not.

IF Saban is devout in his faith then his actions need to reflect that, and his certainly DO NOT.  His actions on the sidelines, in the film room, in the locker room, in the offices, and in other places do not reflect a man of great faith.  You do not curse out grad assistants on the 1st day of the job for setting up film study in a manner that they thought was correct (based on how it was done before for Shula).  Saban called them every name in the book, humiliated them in front of the entire NEW coaching staff and some players, and he did all this to let a few 20 - 22 years old boys know who was boss.

And you do not talk down and curse to secretarys who are trying to do the best they can.  Listen, I could name a few other events since he has been at Bama but you show get the idea by now.  A man of faith lives his faith and should be trying to live by the golden rule....."do unto other they way you want them to do to you".  Nick Saban certainly does not, and I don't care if he has mass before games or not.

Have not heard that even Lucifer himself can quote scripture

• 2 weeks later...

Latest quote from OJ.....

"I saw last week where Dee said I was going there," Howard said. "I haven't really talked to him in a long time. I am not even sure I will visit them. I haven't been talking to them.

"I haven't really talked to Dee in forever. He just thinks everyone is coming to Auburn. He is a great guy. He is funny. I am committed to the Tide, and I am signing with Alabama."

Latest quote from OJ.....

"I saw last week where Dee said I was going there," Howard said. "I haven't really talked to him in a long time. I am not even sure I will visit them. I haven't been talking to them.

"I haven't really talked to Dee in forever. He just thinks everyone is coming to Auburn. He is a great guy. He is funny. I am committed to the Tide, and I am signing with Alabama."

Don't believe part of his quote.

I'll believe OJ Howard flips when I see it. Ive seen this kids interviews, watched his body language when fielding questions about Auburn and listened to his responses. If he flips I will be extremely shocked..pleasantly shocked but shocked nonetheless!

I'll believe OJ Howard flips when I see it. Ive seen this kids interviews, watched his body language when fielding questions about Auburn and listened to his responses. If he flips I will be extremely shocked..pleasantly shocked but shocked nonetheless!

could not agree more, just don't see it happening

I'd love to have OJ Howard come over to the good guys, I'm just not holding my breath. Unless we are recruiting him more as a WR than a TE, I don't see us having an edge other than his prior favoring Auburn when he grows up.

we all need to stop using yellow on this site. You can't read anything in yellow. Lets pick a new color for sarcasm if you guys havn't already.

Violet is what I am using. Violet has always seemed smug, plus she wouldn't let me hold her hand in the second grade.

Getting back to OJ. I am sure our coaches are working him hard. Our coaches have proven to be outstanding recruiters. That being said, if OJ ends up at Auburn then that will be the biggest surprise to me this recruiting season.

we all need to stop using yellow on this site. You can't read anything in yellow. Lets pick a new color for sarcasm if you guys havn't already.

The majority of yellow is there from posts that were moved over from AE, which had a dark blue background. The only yellow being used here is by people joking about it.

Howard is def not over with yet. We are still recruiting him very hard and he is listening

All the posts doubting a flip remind me of posts prior to another #1 turd committ flipping. And I happen to know that austudnt23 knows from which he speaks. So I honestly believe he is flippable or he would have stopped talking to our coaches and he hasn't. I imagine if he flips he would take the Tray Matthews approach... :whistle::-X

:believe:

Not sure how much in the "know" someone might be, but IF, and that's a big IF, OJ has anything "up his sleeve," then he is beyond impressive at keeping it away from everyone.

A flip possible? Yes, anything is possible.

Worth taking the time to actually daydream of the possibilities? No, not at all.

We picked white or near white, since it's even more difficult to read than yellow. :glare:

We picked white or near white, since it's even more difficult to read than yellow. :glare:

Pahahaha. Yep.

Archived