2015 JUCO S Cortez Leonard

Guest Tigereagle03

Guest Tigereagle03

Per BM today..

Auburn is one of three leaders for 4-star safety Cortez Leonard from Callaway in Hogansville, Ga. And an offer from the Tigers would likely put them on top 

“I feel pretty good about Auburn,†Leonard said. “I’m waiting on an offer from them and hopefully I’ll be with Auburn. I really want to play for Auburn."_________________________________________

Anyone have an ideas why we haven't offered a 4 star safety who apparently wants to play for us?

BM also tweeted that this kid just changed High Schools.  There always seems to be recruiting shenanigans associated with high school switches.  Wonder what's up in this case.

Otherwise it looks like we can get Cortez if we want him.  It seems Tray Matthews is higher on the list, but who else?  Is Vonn Bell a saftey?  If Cortez is our number 3 or 4 guy, seems like we would be wise to make a move.

Anyone have an ideas why we haven't offered a 4 star safety who apparently wants to play for us?

Maybe they think they have great chances at bigger fish in Vonn Bell, Tray Matthews, or athlete Jason Smith might be a better option to play safety than Leonard.

My guess is because his recruitment is all over the board and he has yet to be fully evaluated. Only 247 has him as a 4*, he is a 3* on both Rivals and Scout, and unranked by ESPN. His offer sheet is marginal, but as another poster mentioned, this may be due to switching schools.

I think his size is a little too small to play safety. It says he is only 5 feet 11 inches tall, which most likely mean 5-9 or 5-10 ish. 

BM also tweeted that this kid just changed High Schools.  There always seems to be recruiting shenanigans associated with high school switches.  Wonder what's up in this case.

Otherwise it looks like we can get Cortez if we want him.  It seems Tray Matthews is higher on the list, but who else?  Is Vonn Bell a saftey?  If Cortez is our number 3 or 4 guy, seems like we would be wise to make a move.

Leonard was at Troup co with Reuben Foster..............we are also after RB Alvin Kamara and visited him today at his school

FYI, Kamara, Foster and Tray Matthews have been wanting to go to the same school. If we can get Kamara on board we'll be a happy group of Tigers.

Leonard was at Troup co with Reuben Foster..............we are also after RB Alvin Kamara and visited him today at his school

FYI, Kamara, Foster and Tray Matthews have been wanting to go to the same school. If we can get Kamara on board we'll be a happy group of Tigers.

Any insight into where Kamara is leaning at this point?

Any insight into where Kamera is leaning at this point?

If we send him, say, 106 letters, maybe we'll be his leader  ;)

to the right

I've read in some other places that it's looking like a uga/bama battle for him, but it's still really early.  No idea why he'd want to go to bama.  They'll have 6 underclassmen RB's on their roster next year.

Leonard was at Troup co with Reuben Foster..............we are also after RB Alvin Kamara aId visited him today at his school

to the right

:laugh:

Would that be a

2010%20Camaro%20profile.jpg

or a

Canon-EOS-Rebel-XSi-450D-Digital-SLR-Camera.jpg

Guest jrljr

I've read in some other places that it's looking like a uga/bama battle for him, but it's still really early.  No idea why he'd want to go to bama.  They'll have 6 underclassmen RB's on their roster next year.

Kamara and Matthews are both possible for us, especially if RF flips. If he does I believe we get at least one of them, IMO Matthews. For some reason I believe Kamara ends up @ ugaly.

Kamara and Matthews are both possible for us, especially if RF flips. If he does I believe we get at least one of them, IMO Matthews. For some reason I believe Kamara ends up @ ugaly.

Auburn, uat, and uga will all be loaded at RB next year.  But of the three, uga probably will have the least depth, even though they've got Crowell, Marshall, and Gurley.  I believe that Crowell may be headed the same direction as our recent all-Sec RB if he doesn't change his ways.  uat has got Lacy, Fowler, and that alphabet-soup guy, plus Dee Hart (who may be processed), but they already have two top ten rated commits.  We, on the other hand, have as underclassmen Grant, Blakeley, Mason, and Robinson who are all sophs or younger.

Guest jrljr

Auburn, uat, and uga will all be loaded at RB next year.  But of the three, uga probably will have the least depth, even though they've got Crowell, Marshall, and Gurley.  I believe that Crowell may be headed the same direction as our recent all-Sec RB if he doesn't change his ways.  uat has got Lacy, Fowler, and that alphabet-soup guy, plus Dee Hart (who may be processed), but they already have two top ten rated commits.  We, on the other hand, have as underclassmen Grant, Blakeley, Mason, and Robinson who are all sophs or younger.

All three of the schools you mention pops definitely know how to showcase a RB. But the overall depth you mentioned or lack thereof at UGAly is why I think he may be headed to Athens. I agree with you on Crowell as well. What is it with these guys. Caleb King is probably gonna do some real time over the assault. Talent to burn and yet...WHAT GIVES GUYS??

RB depth for AU/uga in 2013 is not going to be very different at all. 

Auburn -

Mason - Jr

Blakely - RSoph

Grant - Rsoph

Robinson - RFr or Soph

uga -

Crowell - Jr

Malcome - Jr

Gurley - RFr or Soph

Marshall - RFr or Soph

bama -

Lacy - Sr (possibly going pro early)

Fowler - Sr

Hart - RSoph

Yeldon - RFr or Soph

Drake - RFr or Soph

Tenpenny - currently commited

Jones - currently commited

RB depth for AU/uga in 2013 is not going to be very different at all. 

Auburn -

Mason - Jr

Blakely - RSoph

Grant - Rsoph

Robinson - RFr or Soph

uga -

Crowell - Jr

Malcome - Jr

Gurley - RFr or Soph

Marshall - RFr or Soph

bama -

Lacy - Sr (possibly going pro early)

Fowler - Sr

Hart - RSoph

Yeldon - RFr or Soph

Drake - RFr or Soph

Tenpenny - currently commited

Jones - currently commited

Will not Grant be a RSoph in 2012 and therefore a RJr in 2013?

Will not Grant be a RSoph in 2012 and therefore a RJr in 2013?

I think you're right.  He redshirted at bama his freshman year - 2010 - right?  Then he transferred and walked on last year, so I guess that would make him a RSoph this year.

I'd be very happy going into 2013 with Tyshon Dye added to the group we'll have.  Three smaller, shifty backs with Mason, Grant and Blakely and then two big bruisers with Robinson and Dye.

Back to Leonard....

I like Leonard at Safety. He looks like a run stuffer and has decent coverage skills. Since he is high on us could an offer to him help our chances with RF? Flowers was their coach and wasn't he the coach at Troup when we recruited Quan Bray?

• 1 month later...

Quick update on Cortez including profiles and video. Still very high on Auburn but still waiting on an offer.

247 Rivals ESPN Scout The Ringer #40 S

Cortez lay the wood, pretty good. Troup is a good GA HS program. They are a South GA power. Looks like he can play both run and pass. It is interesting to me that he does not have more offers.

Quick update on Cortez including profiles and video. Still very high on Auburn but still waiting on an offer.

247 Rivals ESPN Scout The Ringer #40 S

I know our coaching staff is great, but WHY is this dude interested in Auburn, and apprarently a good player at a position of need, still needing a scholarship? :dunno:

Archived