2013 4* CB Shaquille Wiggins (Georgia signee & transferred to Louisville)

Guest EagleDamnWar

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest EagleDamnWar

Lawson and the crew were working on flipping Shaq Wiggins over the weekend.  He may open things up if any of his friends flip (Matthews, Foster, etc).  He is good friends with AU commit JaQuay Williams.

I understand that he was part of the Rival Challenge clique, and we were high on him before he committed to UGA, but do we need another corner.  I had much rather see us work on Matthews, Ramsey, or even Bell at safety, even though the last two are long shots.

I thought we were done at corner?.. Thanks EDW for all of your updates! I really appreciate it and gain a lot of information from you  :wedance:

and?  one thread is in the college football discussion and the other thread is a random question. 

Fair on the college football one. I did not look at that.  You could have put it in the other one in the recruiting section but it's no big deal.

Would we take this kid's commitment?  Just curious how good he is/if we have room for him.  TIA.

He's one of the better corners in the class for sure. Height is the only real issue with him.

This I'm not so sure about.

• 2 weeks later...

Without proper training to run a 40, it is near impossible to get an elite time. Also, a minor mistep can cause a huge discrepancy.

Without proper training to run a 40, it is near impossible to get an elite time. Also, a minor mistep can cause a huge discrepancy.

I was a 6.4" 228lb TE in College, an ran a 4.62.  :dunno:

If it was hand timed that time is debatable. A 40 time unless properly lasered is almost a joke. I can't tell you how many people I have talked to who ran a "legit 4.4" or "legit 4.5". According to their accounts, they are fast enough to be in the NFL

He ran a 4.71 40 at the Opening. How the heck is he a 4* with that speed :dunno:

He has good cover skills despite the 40 time.

FWIW, there really is such a thing a football speed. I've seen RBs that are much faster on paper get hawked down by LBs.

At his size he would need to be much faster than that

or very physical at the line which he is more than most would expect.

At his size he would need to be much faster than that

or very physical at the line which he is more than most would expect.

I'm thinking the time isn't accurate cuz if it is I don't care how physical you are being short and 160 he will need to be faster or as fast as other wr's because he doesn't have the length to make up for getting beat a step or two.  And in college let's say he puts on 10-15 pounds still wouldn't be strong enough for the top wr's.  Maybe could play in the slot.  In high school he can get away with it doubt he can in college

FWIW, there really is such a thing a football speed. I've seen RBs that are much faster on paper get hawked down by LBs.

Or Cam running away from that LSU DB on his Heisman run in 2010. Cam very clearly put his foot on an invosible accelerator there.

The only way to figure out true football speed is benchpress.

Don't know about 40 speed, but I watched the Opening 7 on 7 semi-finals and finals last night, and IMO, the kid has very, very good cover skills.

Don't know about 40 speed, but I watched the Opening 7 on 7 semi-finals and finals last night, and IMO, the kid has very, very good cover skills.

Thank you kind sir!

Whether we have a shot at this kid or not he is the real deal at corner. Hopefully we do still have a shot at him! :wedance:

Archived