Number of recruits question

TrumanCrockett

What is the limit on how many people a school can sign? I remember hearing 25 somewhere but I am looking at the recruiting team rankings and it says UGA has 28. How do they do that? Does it have to do with early enrollees? Sorry if this has been addressed in another topic.

What is the limit on how many people a school can sign? I remember hearing 25 somewhere but I am looking at the recruiting team rankings and it says UGA has 28. How do they do that? Does it have to do with early enrollees? Sorry if this has been addressed in another topic.

It has been addressed a number of time but I will be glad to do it again. Yes the hard cap is 25 new scholarship players per year but you can manipulate it. If you were under 25 the previous year you can count EEs or Transfers back to that year until you fill up to 25. Then the rest count on the current class. All this with the stipulation a team is under 85 total scholly players. In Georgia's case they signed 16 last year so they can sign up to 34 and count 9 EEs or Transfers back to last year.

It has been addressed a number of time but I will be glad to do it again. Yes the hard cap is 25 new scholarship players per year but you can manipulate it. If you were under 25 the previous year you can count EEs or Transfers back to that year until you fill up to 25. Then the rest count on the current class. All this with the stipulation a team is under 85 total scholly players. In Georgia's case they signed 16 last year so they can sign up to 34 and count 9 EEs or Transfers back to last year.

Thanks E! Think I should leave the post or delete it?

Georgia is currently down to 69 scholarship players that were recruited.

We're not much better, 77 after Grant and Coleman have been added.

Counting the 3 walk ons that got schollies last week we are at 80 Scholly players. 76 of them were recruited.

Does that number include Fisher and Lembke? ETA- thanks ellitor.

Losing 4 players from last seasons recruiting haul didn't help.

Also, remember that we started the spring practice in 2011 with only 47 scholarship players.

Counting the 3 walk ons that got schollies last week we are at 80 Scholly players. 76 of them were recruited.

Senior walkons that weren't recruited were intentionally left out of my numbers, as per VT's post, number six above. UGA's down to 69, we're at 77.

Senior walkons that weren't recruited were intentionally left out of my numbers, as per VT's post, number six above. UGA's down to 69, we're at 77.

They are underclassmen. Fisher, Lembke, and Grant. None are Seniors. We were at 80 Before they got on scholly...+those 3=83-J Rob, Hutch and Jaquay = 80 again. I will break it down by class.

27 Freshmen on scholly 0 not recruited

23 Sophomores on scholly now that Fisher and Grant got on scholly. 1 not recruited in Fisher

17 Juniors on scholly now that Lembke is on scholly. 2 not recruited in Lembke and Burgess

13 on scholly. 2 not recruited in Means and Richardson. This is both of their second years on scholly

=80 scholly playes. 75 were recruited

Here is a good resource although it was done a couple weeks ago before all the changes. Lembke needs to be put on there with a scholly as well as walk on label removed for Grant and Fisher.Drop J-Rob, Hutch and Jaquay then it is an accurate representation of our roster.

And Georgia is at 75. They gave 7 walk ons schollies which they said they will not renew if they bring in enough recruited players in this class. Link

Quote: "=80 scholly playes. 75 were recruited" So, by your accounting we've got two less than I thought we had. I don't think we can stand another year when we end up with 18 guys from the class that make it to the season.

It irks me that Trent Fisher was put on scholarship. It's not like dad Jeff can't afford to send his son to college and unless it's understood that Trent is a one-year deal we could use that slot next year.

Archived