Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Spice forward beers aren't for everyone. 

It got much better as it warmed up. I ended up really liking it. I’ll be more patient with the next five. 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

It got much better as it warmed up. I ended up really liking it. I’ll be more patient with the next five. 

Yep! Cool temps on stouts tend to kill the complexity. It's fun trying to pick out the various flavors, and Xocoveza is one of my favorites in that regard. 

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Yep! Cool temps on stouts tend to kill the complexity. It's fun trying to pick out the various flavors, and Xocoveza is one of my favorites in that regard. 

I usually pour a glas and won’t touch it for 10-15 minutes. With something big like BCBS, it takes me 45-60 min just to finish it anyway. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I usually pour a glas and won’t touch it for 10-15 minutes. With something big like BCBS, it takes me 45-60 min just to finish it anyway. 

Damn. I knock one down in like 5 minutes. Now I know the problem. ;D

I love trying different styles, but this Born Yesterday is killer! 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I love trying different styles, but this Born Yesterday is killer! 

If you ever find their Born Again Yesterday, be sure to get it. Much the same but hops are aged a bit.

Like Citrusinensis, but unfiltered and every bit as juicy and awesome. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

If you ever find their Born Again Yesterday, be sure to get it. Like Citrusinensis, but unfiltered and every bit as juicy and awesome. 

I will keep an eye out. Not sure I've had that one. You seen it around town?

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I will keep an eye out. Not sure I've had that one. You seen it around town?

Hop City had it last year. It's a spring release, comes out a bit after Citrusinensis in April/May. The Born Yesterday and Born Again Yesterday use the same Hop batch, hence "born again."

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Thank goodness it's cheaper than scotch. 

My wife enjoys good booze as much as I do. Most nights we sit and have a couple drinks after the little one goes down. It amplifies my desire to find bargains when I'm pouring 4 fingers each time. Evan Williams Single Barrel has been popular at our house lately/again. 

Anybody had SN's Trip in the Woods this year? Cocoa coconut BA Narwhal. Considering a splurge.

I’ll keep an eye out for that EW. Had another single of that OF tonight. Man, when that ice melted and hit that perfect mix....D to the A to the YUM.

And excuse me?! Cocoa coconut BA Narwhal?!?! 

D88ADDA2-1E57-4C93-BD61-C1812DFE2BAC.gif

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’ll keep an eye out for that EW. Had another single of that OF tonight. Man, when that ice melted and hit that perfect mix....D to the A to the YUM.

And excuse me?! Cocoa coconut BA Narwhal?!?! 

D88ADDA2-1E57-4C93-BD61-C1812DFE2BAC.gif

Ok, if I see that OF I'm pulling the trigger. I wanna say D to the A to the YUM, too. I believe that's my right as an American. 

Yeah, it's called Trip in the Woods but that's what is actually in the bottle. Bomber with a tan/light brown label. Never heard of it before this came out a few months ago but I think it's a series where SN takes one of their normal/annual beers through a barrel and adds some stuff.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Ok, if I see that OF I'm pulling the trigger. I wanna say D to the A to the YUM, too. I believe that's my right as an American. 

Yeah, it's called Trip in the Woods but that's what is actually in the bottle. Bomber with a tan/light brown label. Never heard of it before this came out a few months ago but I think it's a series where SN takes one of their normal/annual beers through a barrel and adds some stuff.

I’ve had the Ginger Bigfoot. It didn’t do much for me.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/140/254124/

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not into ginger in my beer. I AM into *ginger beer*, though, at least in my cocktails. 

Can't seem to keep her out of mine, and

Dumb old joke:

How many martinis does it take to make you dizzy?

Three, and the name's Daisy.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not into ginger in my beer. I AM into *ginger beer*, though, at least in my cocktails. 

Drifting a bit but, for mixing,

ever run into Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale ("Southern Spice, When Ordinary Won't Do")?

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Drifting a bit but, for mixing,

ever run into Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale ("Southern Spice, When Ordinary Won't Do")?

Oh heck yes. Stuff tastes like they chopped a plug of fresh ginger and dropped it in before you popped it. There is no mistaking it for a different brand. Still made in Birmingham?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Oh heck yes. Stuff tastes like they chopped a plug of fresh ginger and dropped it in before you popped it. There is no mistaking it for a different brand. Still made in Birmingham?

Yessir

Whoa. Local shop still has the coffee BCBS on the shelf. Didn't have the price listed. Didn't ask. 

I got a BA Ten Fidy. And some Rittenhouse Rye (feeling like some old fashioneds this weekend). And some wine. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Local shop still has the coffee BCBS on the shelf. Didn't have the price listed. Didn't ask. 

I got a BA Ten Fidy. And some Rittenhouse Rye (feeling like some old fashioneds this weekend). And some wine. 

house_2.jpg

Rittenhouse Rye is an affordable option for old fashioneds if you like rye old fashioneds. 

I've liked like 3 or 4 of them tonight. 

Happy Everybody, Friday! Wait, what...

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Rittenhouse Rye is an affordable option for old fashioneds if you like rye old fashioneds. 

I've liked like 3 or 4 of them tonight. 

Happy Everybody, Friday! Wait, what...

When we went on the Buffalo Trace tour, we stopped by Heaven Hill on the way home and got to try Rittenhouse. I thought it was fine, but one of my coworkers loved it. 

I got to try all of the regular High West lineup yesterday. Double Rye and Rendevous Rye were fantastic. Bourye did nothing for me. American Prairie straight bourbon was very meh. Campfire was hands down my favorite though. 

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

rtsGm7E.jpg

Went to an amazing wedding/reception tonight.

Came loaded with EH Taylor Single Barrel in the flask. Drank many Celebrations. 

Nice!

5 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

rtsGm7E.jpg

Went to an amazing wedding/reception tonight.

Came loaded with EH Taylor Single Barrel in the flask. Drank many Celebrations. 

Hard to believe no PBR.......... damn rednecks

Archived