2013 4* RB Johnathan "Rudy" Ford signs with AU!

minister of music

Ford just tweeted that he's announcing Wed instead of today.

Does this sound like some windows of opportunity are now closed? Hard for me to imagine the AU will have a slot for him come Wednesday? :dunno:

Hopefully, he has notified the Coaches ahead of time of his his decision.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

makes me wonder if he just got the memo that the barber commitment adversely affected his. if i understand correctly, ford was seen more in the "big" back role and not the "speed" role - although he is fast and not exactly huge. i would think he would play in college over 200 lbs.

He said there was a confusion and he's going to announce tomorrow at 11. From the way he worded his tweet it sounded like the plan all along was 11:00 Wednesday, but he did retweet a new station a couple of hours ago talking about his decision today so I'm confused lol

makes me wonder if he just got the memo that the barber commitment adversely affected his. if i understand correctly, ford was seen more in the "big" back role and not the "speed" role - although he is fast and not exactly huge. i would think he would play in college over 200 lbs.

I could easily see Ford in the speed back role. He would be a more durable harder to bring down guy than OMac was.

I just went back and watched the film on Ford and Elder. They both have great burst and top end speed. Both have good vision and hit the hole well. What I pick up with Ford is his aggressiveness. He runs with strength...reminds me of a young Cadillac Williams.

Of course, Elder wasn't even touched in most of his film.....they are both good backs.

I'm not going to post pics b/c in the end it's his decision and she don't need folks plastering her image everywhere.

She is attractive, ran track and is in great shape. She is very exotic looking. I know she has a multi-ethnic family and looks more like a phillipino / spanish/ caucasian mix. She does have a lot of guys chasing after her.

I'll DM Rudy or see what I can find out from the school on the official announcement.

Everyone in NH still believes Vandy or Tenn. Most beleive AU is out of the picture. I think he would be great at Auburn but I'm not gonna hold my breathe on this one.

He will be an asset to whoever gets him and to their community, once everything settles down. I really hope he listens to Mom/ Dad though.

Just got a text from his OL coach. He's down to Auburn or Tennessee and will announce Signing Day at 11am.

That's info we can use. THANKS!

Just got a text from his OL coach. He's down to Auburn or Tennessee and will announce Signing Day at 11am.

As I said with Carl Lawson

I like our chances against Tennessee any day

Tennessee boards are having a meltdown lol. 95% of the posts on their boards contain "$$$$" lol

Tennessee boards are having a meltdown lol. 95% of the posts on their boards contain "$$$$" lol

In all fairness our board is melting down over RF and I'm sure the bammers are enjoying it. But back to the Tennessee talk, they never had a chance at CL in my mind. We may of had a bAd year but there's thousands of reasons auburn is a better choice then Tennessee

My fav. from the Tenn. board was them counting how many RB's we have on board already. One poster asked why would Ford sign with us because of that.

Tenn. signed three RB's last year and three the year before. More then have going into this year with our two.

In all fairness our board is melting down over RF and I'm sure the bammers are enjoying it. But back to the Tennessee talk, they never had a chance at CL in my mind. We may of had a bAd year but there's thousands of reasons auburn is a better choice then Tennessee

I agree, but it's nowhere near the crap going on at Volnation IMO. They jump to the $$$ conclusion to anyone who beats them in recruiting and also what I saw with people like Lawson and others; they make posts that they hate them, they hope they never win a game or make it to the NFL etc. I honestly find it very good entertainment. lol

I agree, but it's nowhere near the crap going on at Volnation IMO. They jump to the $$$ conclusion to anyone who beats them in recruiting and also what I saw with people like Lawson and others; they make posts that they hate them, they hope they never win a game or make it to the NFL etc.

Oh wow, this is the only college football board I go on so I'm astounded at that but I believe you. Being the same age as most of these recruits I couldn't imagine what they go through

I agree, but it's nowhere near the crap going on at Volnation IMO. They jump to the $$$ conclusion to anyone who beats them in recruiting and also what I saw with people like Lawson and others; they make posts that they hate them, they hope they never win a game or make it to the NFL etc.

Oh wow, this is the only college football board I go on so I'm astounded at that but I believe you. Being the same age as most of these recruits I couldn't imagine what they go through

I have no other account on any board but this one and yesterday was my first time visiting another teams board except for maybe SEC rant but I dont think that counts lol. A lot of people were talking on twitter about how hilarious the Tenn boards were and how they thought every recruit was a lock for them and well.... everything I heard was true lol but I never expected them to be so classless.

How old are you Maverick? Not a flame, but you must not have been around during our yearly rivalry with Tenner C.

Im only 22. Haha, I did hate Fulmer though!

My boss is a former TN player. He got me hooked on the recruiting bug back when Fulmer reeled in 4 and 5 stars from all over the country every year. Now I'll ask him about TN recruiting, and he goes off on a 4 letter word craze.

He's on wjox right now, and as best I can repeat it he said,"I've always dreamed of playing in Malzahn's offense and now I get a chance to do that." May have just been a slip up but sounded good. Seemed like a well spoken kid.

He's on wjox right now, and as best I can repeat it he said,"I've always dreamed of playing in Malzahn's offense and now I get a chance to do that." May have just been a slip up but sounded good. Seemed like a well spoken kid.

Certainly seems like good news.

Archived