Welcome Back Coach Garner!

muxi87

Does anyone know why Lawson didn't like Georgia, folks on TOS are making it sound like he has something against Garner and with the hire it is going to hurt are chances with Lawson...............

ELITOR ...ANYONE know anything about this?

There is not one recruit that is worth as much as having him back at AU. This did nothing to hurt us.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a hire! Where are the folks crying about Gus putting together a "Sun Belt" staff? Awfully quiet tonight I see. :)

Now we're a Sun Belt team with most likely a better D! That's an improvement!

Isn't Garner a cousin to Charles Barkley? Seems I heard that somewhere but can't remember.

I've always heard they're cousins. I know they're both from Leeds.

Isn't Garner a cousin to Charles Barkley? Seems I heard that somewhere but can't remember.

I've always heard they're cousins. I know they're both from Leeds.

My mom lives in Leeds. We passed by Barkley (carrying two gallons of paint) in the local Lowes and gave him a "War Eagle". He returned it routinely just like any other AU fan. He seemed very comfortable with himself and everyone else. I was impressed.

This is a HUGE coup by Malzahn.....reminds me of when we swiped Bro Oliver from Bama!

true but Bro Oliver left us to go to the turds before that. Bro Oliver was the one who told bear what to look for when playing against Pat Sullivan if he look straight ahead the pass is going ? and if he looks to his side its going ??

Yes and tater tot Bowden fired Garner and later Hall to make room for" Benedict Oliver Arnold" who took the AU play book to Bear.

Maybe Big Rod can turn our DLs into men. They sure need it.

I'll tell you one thing, some DT and DE players better get ready for some winter workouts 'cause it's coming. Same for the OL and that tough as nails Old Guy too.

We NEEDED this hire. Finally, an A-Plus recruiter! This staff is finally starting to show some recruiting prowess. I still wish he would bring back Trooper and Luper. Then we would have the finest recruiting staff in the country.

I hope all Auburn fans understand that this is a HUGE hire! We just hired one of, if not the, best recruiters in the country. He is a very good DL coach as well. Not only did we just improve our recruiting/coaching, but we just decimated UGA of their best recruiter.

This hire is the best news I have heard all year! Those of you who will lament that this means that TR won't be back...you need to grow up. This is so much better!

datass.gif

This is all you need to know:

"It was a very difficult decision. I’ve been approached about it many times about the opportunity. But it’s my alma mater. It may be more of a pride thing, just looking at where they are right now and feeling like I really wanted to be a part of getting them back on track. I just felt like God was leading me in this direction. It’s something I prayed about and it was not an easy decision. I would not have left for any other reason than Auburn."

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2012/12/rodney_garner_says_hes_coming.html

I wasn't sure if he would come back or not but I am certainly glad he did. One thing, though. I have seen some reports where he was also named recruiting coordinator and some where he was not. Either way, I am glad he's back.

I hope all Auburn fans understand that this is a HUGE hire! We just hired one of, if not the, best recruiters in the country. He is a very good DL coach as well. Not only did we just improve our recruiting/coaching, but we just decimated UGA of their best recruiter.

This hire is the best news I have heard all year! Those of you who will lament that this means that TR won't be back...you need to grow up. This is so much better!

datass.gif

Yes. Yes. Yes. You're so right Carl.

I have all the respect in the world for Rocker but this is a much bigger hire. Wow. I have spent years hearing Garner may come back and was mighty skeptical this time. Wow. Big, big hire.

Archived