Welcome Back Coach Garner!

muxi87

I wasn't sure if he would come back or not but I am certainly glad he did. One thing, though. I have seen some reports where he was also named recruiting coordinator and some where he was not. Either way, I am glad he's back.

I would be beyond shocked if he wasn't the recruiting coordinator. There's no one else better for the job than Coach Garner.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't sure if he would come back or not but I am certainly glad he did. One thing, though. I have seen some reports where he was also named recruiting coordinator and some where he was not. Either way, I am glad he's back.

Feel free to link the ones where they say he isn't...I haven't seen that written anywhere. It's reported pretty much everywhere now that he has taken the same role with AU that he had at uga.

This is a HUGE coup by Malzahn.....reminds me of when we swiped Bro Oliver from Bama!

true but Bro Oliver left us to go to the turds before that. Bro Oliver was the one who told bear what to look for when playing against Pat Sullivan if he look straight ahead the pass is going ? and if he looks to his side its going ??

Yes and tater tot Bowden fired Garner and later Hall to make room for" Benedict Oliver Arnold" who took the AU play book to Bear.

Really?? Oliver took Bowden's play book to Bear? I wonder what he did with it since he had been dead for ten years.

Are

This is a HUGE coup by Malzahn.....reminds me of when we swiped Bro Oliver from Bama!

true but Bro Oliver left us to go to the turds before that. Bro Oliver was the one who told bear what to look for when playing against Pat Sullivan if he look straight ahead the pass is going ? and if he looks to his side its going ??

Yes and tater tot Bowden fired Garner and later Hall to make room for" Benedict Oliver Arnold" who took the AU play book to Bear.

Really?? Oliver took Bowden's play book to Bear? I wonder what he did with it since he had been dead for ten years.

True or not, done it, or not, in the same century or not, it matters not .

If a Bamr thought of it, itis the same as if he did it and if he didn't think of it,

he would have if it had been negative and spiteful and makes me dislike them more and more.

I haven't been able to think a good thought

about Bamr since they bombed Pearl Harbor and started global warming.

Erin Go Braugh and WD Irish.

Oh yeah, and, welcome home Coach Garner .

Are

True or not, done it, or not, in the same century or not, it matters not .

If a Bamr thought of it, itis the same as if he did it and if he didn't think of it,

he would have if it had been negative and spiteful and makes me dislike them more and more.

I haven't been able to think a good thought

about Bamr since they bombed Pearl Harbor and started global warming.

Erin Go Braugh and WD Irish.

Oh yeah, and, welcome home Coach Garner .

Great post. Thanks for the HUGE laugh.

Will be really interesting to see the results of this hire on recruiting and on the field. Already interesting to see the results on this board. Gus Malzahn restored to genius status.

:wareagle:

Outstanding hire by Gus!! Far better than Craig would have been (as a recruiter and coach). Even though I think Rocker is a better on the field coach, Garner is still a very solid coach and a much, much better recruiter than Rock which makes Garner a better overall choice if you could not have both guys.

wde

Already have a 4* DL saying he will take his last visit to AU because of Coach Garner's hire. That speaks volumes about the hire. The recruit made that public during the dead period. He is a JUCO so dead period is non factor.

lol

lol much more.

You may want to Google "coach rodney garner" and look at the AJC article about AU hiring him....at the bottom is a link to something titled 10 things you don't know about Rodney Garner or something like that......entertaining and interesting.

You may want to Google "coach rodney garner" and look at the AJC article about AU hiring him....at the bottom is a link to something titled 10 things you don't know about Rodney Garner or something like that......entertaining and interesting.

Thanks for that. It was a good read. I love coach G and I'm glad he's back home. I wonder what David Pollack thinks about this? :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

I was ready to start reading some bashing info on CRG, but MAN!!!.....this guy must really be something if even the AJC wont bash him. Can't wait to see what this new staff produces on the field and in recruiting.

WDE!

Despite the fact that this staff isn't yet complete, it looks like...to me....that Auburn is already in better shape than with the other staff complete. A few more good hires will only add to that separation.

Thanks for that. It was a good read. I love coach G and I'm glad he's back home. I wonder what David Pollack thinks about this? :rollin: :rollin: :rollin: :rollin:

I don't really care what he thinks. :big:

I only care when he gets to whine and is upset about something lol... He has so much hate for AU, it's pathetic. He can't even hide it for tv.

besides he's probably too busy swapping spit with that former UF QB that gets so much face time on ESPN.

Despite the fact that this staff isn't yet complete, it looks like...to me....that Auburn is already in better shape than with the other staff complete. A few more good hires will only add to that separation.

You got that right. This hire in particular is a huge step up from our last Position Coach/Assistant Head Coach. Looking forward to see Gus's selection as WR coach. I think we have loads of talent waiting to be developed there.

Great hire Gus! Couldn't be happier!! Does anybody have any idea on what possible recruits he could bring with him?

Great hire Gus! Couldn't be happier!! Does anybody have any idea on what possible recruits he could bring with him?

I am very excited about this hire. I think it might be one the best pickups of this process. Check out the recruiting forum. There is a thread about who Garner was recruiting for UGA. It includes a lot of talk about Monty Adams.

Man, the amount of "butthurt" is high with the UGA fan base right now... :jump:

They are saying it's not a big loss and he's dirty and all that... :rollin:

Almost wrecked the car this morning when I heard on JOX. Huge hire. Having been at Auburn at the same time and watching the 30 for 30 on Bo last night, makes me feel all nice and warm inside. Best Christmas gift yet this year

....too bad we all die today :-)

Archived